Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 (20577 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWC Final (2 - 0) On 25th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AWC Semi-Final (2 - 1) On 22nd October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
FEDERATION CUP FINAL: EYIMBA VS DOLPHIN Sun 23November,2014

The grand finale of the 2014 Federation Cup finals comes up on Sunday,23rd November 20144. The Federation Cup (aka Challenge Cup) is the main football single-elimination tournament in Nigeria. Which was created in 1945 as the "Governor's Cup".
The finals will be played at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere, Lagos..
Last year champions Enyimba International FC will confront Dolphins in the grand finale in what has been termed the Nigeria’s El Clásico

Date: Sunday, November 23, 2014

Venue: Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere, Lagos

Time : 3PM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by jobsat34(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
it is Mfon Udoh (Enyimba fc) (23goals) vs Emem Eduok (Dolphin fc) (20goals)

2 goal poachers set against each other...

I cant wait to see this match....

BTW, Enyimba should endeavour to sign this guy from sharks, Christian Pyagbara.. his combination with Kingsley sokari in the heart of midfield will be superb..

cc: thegoodjoehunt3
neighy

*Modified* yes FTC, but i have promised not to perform any ritual again *wink*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
jobsat34:

it will be the hottest match in the domestic scene this year

NIGERIAS EL CLASICO

2 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
EYIMBA vs DOLPHINS

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
HOW THEY QUALIFIED:

Defending champions Enyimba and Dolphins advanced to the 2014 Federation Cup final after defeating Giwa FC and Prime FC respectively in the semi finals.

Enyimba defeated Giwa FC 1-0 in a hard-fought encounter played at the Moshood Kashimawo Abiola (MKO) Stadium in Abeokuta.
After a goalless first half, Cameroonian striker Raphael Boumsong gave the Aba Giants the much needed victory when he scored in the 53rd minute..

While in the other hand Dolpins played at the Goal Project, Abuja,and Ebube Okpokwu scored in the second half to give Dolphins a 1-0 win over Nigeria National League (NNL) side Prime FC, and book a place in the finals of the Federation Cup.
Enyimba will now clash former champions Dolphins in the Federation Cup final which comes up on November 23rd, at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
THE RECORDS :

Enyimba International Football Club, or simply Enyimba, is club based in the city of Aba. Their name means People's Elephant in Igbo language and is also the nickname used for the city of Aba.
The club was founded in 1976, the club rose to prominence in the 2000s and is considered the most successful Nigerian football club as they have one of the most outstanding records among Nigerian clubs in this morden era epecially thier back to back wining of the CAF Champions league.

ENYIMBAS RECORD

• Nigerian Premier League: 6 titles 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010.
• Nigerian FA Cup: 3 titles 2005, 2009, 2013.

they go into this tie as the Defending champions having won it last year.

2 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by donigspain(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
Frontpage please... Let's promote our local league Made in Nigeria. grin

I rep ENYIMBA... FULL-TIME Nwa Aba. Terrorising Dolphins since 1929 (Aba Women's riot).

Where are the MODS?

9 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
THE RECORDS :

Dolphins Football Club

The club was founded in 1988 as Eagle Cement until 2001 when it was bought over by the state government and became Dolphins FC. They play their home games at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt.
They represented the country in the 2005 CAF Confederation Cup, were they reached the finals, losing to Morocco's FAR Rabat

DOLPHIN RECORDS:

• Nigerian Premier League: 3 wins 1997, 2004, 2011
• Nigerian FA Cup: 4 wins 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007 wins

They go into this years finals having the record of never losing a finals. As they have won all four finals they have played. In the modern times they are arguably the most successful team in terms of F.A. cup wins in Nigeria.
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
donigspain:
Frontpage please... Let's promote our local league Made in Nigeria. grin

I rep ENYIMBA... FULL-TIME Nwa Aba. Terrorising Dolphins since 1929 (Aba Women's riot).

Where are the MODS?

Enyimba go see thier period dont forget Dolphins stop them from winning the league not Kano Pillars
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by donigspain(m): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
robosky02:

Eyimba go see thier period dont forget Dolphins stop them from winning the league not Kano Pillars
When last did Dolphin beat Enyimba? What's our head to head? Aba teams have always beaten their southern brothers. Check out what new entrants Abia Warriors did to old and experience Sharks.

You will agree with me that there are too many talents in Aba. Give us a fair Premier League and watch Enyimba dominate for centuries.

7 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
THE VENUE:

The Teslim Balogun Stadium

The Teslim Balogun Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria. It serves as a home ground of First Bank F.C.. The stadium has a capacity of 24,325 people for international football matches (more comfortable) and 35,000 might be allowed for local football league matches and the Nigerian FA Cup final.

The first football game played at the stadium was a friendly on May 28 2007, between Enyimba vs. Asante Kotoko. The stadium also hosted the Nigeria Premier League Super Four playoff that season and the Nigerian FA Cup final in 2007. The final of the 2009 Federation Cup between Enyimba and Sharks was held at the stadium.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by donigspain(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
How much is the GATE FEE? I will be there LIVE!!!

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
donigspain:
How much is the GATE FEE? I will be there LIVE!!!

just wait for opdate

no one should miss this the last match in the country.......

nigerias EL clasico

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
donigspain:
When last did Dolphin beat Enyimba? What's our head to head? Aba teams have always beaten their southern brothers. Check out what new entrants Abia Warriors did to old and experience Sharks.

You will agree with me that there are too many talents in Aba. Give us a fair Premier League and watch Enyimba dominate for centuries.

for the records Dolphins is the most successful F.A. cup finalist in Nigeria

as for Abia Warriors we all have the record of how that match was played... ojoro

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
jobsat34:

BTW, Enyimba should endeavour to sign this guy from sharks, Christian Pyagbara.. his combination with Kingsley sokari in the heart of midfield will be superb..

neighy
I need to keep up with the local scene like you guys. I watched Pyagbara when he came on against Ghana U23. He is an amazing player.

Will any of our National stations cover the game?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I need to keep up with the local scene like you guys. I watched Pyagbara when he came on against Ghana U23. He is an amazing player.

the lads in Nigerian league are just a delight to watch Pyagbara scored 4 goals in one match for Sharks

i dont need to introduce MFON UDO eyimba and EMEM UDUAK they are doing what some full time National players have fail to do.

2 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by pauloshevy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
The match gonna be interesting. Missed last year's own but want to go and watch dis year. Pls how can I get tickets for the match and how much is it?

2 Likes

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
robosky02:

the lads in Nigerian league are just a delight to watch Pyagbara scored 4 goals in one match for Sharks

i dont need to introduce MFON UDO eyimba and EMEM UDUAK they are doing what some full time National players have fail to do.
Four goals in a game? That is amazing. I hope I see the game.

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by jobsat34(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

Ait used to cover federation cup.. I know the is a new deal in place with supersport starting 2015.. Whether it will be aired on ss is what i dont knw.. I will find out with @mekus_mekus on twitter and revert to yu..

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by jobsat34(m): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
FACT!!!

donigspain:

1 Like

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by neighy(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2014
jobsat34:

neighy

That would make it seem like chelsea's midfield
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by neighy(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

yea NTA/AIT and some others would cover it... Its a Home Game... Uyo stadium about to witness its second match today 3:30 @jobsat34 this bafana bafana guys would sink in akwa ibom
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 8:57am On Nov 19, 2014
neighy:

That would make it seem like chelsea's midfield

i just get excited by the quality of players in the nigerian league.

they can argueably walk into the super eagles first 11 any day if not for sentiments

check the play against ghana
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by jobsat34(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2014
neighy:
yea NTA/AIT and some others would cover it... Its a Home Game... Uyo stadium about to witness its second match today 3:30 @jobsat34 this bafana bafana guys would sink in akwa ibom

kick off time is 6PM oo... under floodlight
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2014
jobsat34:

kick off time is 6PM oo... under floodlight

yes it will be the best of home made nigerian football
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2014
THE RECORDS FOR ENYIMBA AND DOLPHINS

Two former Federation Cup champions, Dolphins and Enyimba, will now battle in the final match of Nigeria’s oldest football competition billed for the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos on Sunday November 23, 2014.

Dolphins have played in four Cup finals in 2001, 2004, 2006 and 2007 and have won on all four occasions.
Enyimba, currently the defending Champion have played in five final matches of the Cup, but have won it three times, having reached the Cup final four times in the last five editions.

The People’s Elephants won the Cup in 2005, 2009 and 2013 but were losing finalists to Kaduna United and Heartland in 2010 and 2011 respectively.

Now, should the Aba club prevail in the final, they will become the first team to defend their title since Dolphins FC in 2006 and 2007.

The eventual winner of the 2014 Federation Cup will earn automatic ticket as Nigeria’s flag bearer at the 2014/2015 CAF Confederation Cup. But Eyimba having qualified CAF champions league via their second place finish in the league automatically hands over this ticket to Dolphin. Thus the battle at stake will be RECORD AND PRIDE
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2014
LEGENDS OF THE FA CUP:

Tesilimi Olawale "Teslim" Balogun (1927 – 30 July 1972)
aka

”Thunder Balogun”

Many Nigerians today do not know who the Late Tesilim Thunder Balogun was.

Many have never heard of him.

When I decided to go to town and ask about him, I was surprised that some people who were in their 40s said they never knew him.

I grew up on this legend. I was too young to have watched him play by the time he died and there are no clips of him anywhere in the world, but what kind of people, especially Nigerians have never heard of Thunder Balogun.

If you ask me, as well as some other football historians, they will tell you that Balogun could be Nigeria’s greatest ever player who played in an era where there was no television for the world to see his talents.

Then what could have made him bigger than the likes of Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Henry Nwosu, Etim Esin, Haruna Ilerika etc if not the legend that made him seem more immortal than anything mortal.

The legend
As a kid growing up, I heard of a great player, Thunder Balogun who killed his brother in a football match.

He had a ferocious left foot that his shots would always go in as goal because goalkeepers were too scared to attempt to stop them.

It got to a point the Nigerian government bought his left leg; actually paid for it to stop him from using it in games and that was how sanity prevailed in Nigerian football as Balogun could only use his left leg for walking, running and making passes on the pitch but he could not shoot with it.

However, in the FA Cup final of 1949, it happened that Thunder’s sibling was in goal for his opponent on the day.

They argued at home and Thunder was told by his younger brother that he would not score in the final.

Legend has it that Thunder Balogun warned his younger brother against playing in the match against him but his pleas fell on deaf ears.

In the game proper, the opposition was tough for Thunder Balogun’s side as his younger brother saved every ball that came his way.

The game was heading for a stalemate when in the 88th minute Thunder Balogun received a pass at the center circle.

He beat two players as he advanced and then looked up at goal.

Immediately a fan behind the post screamed out, “Thunder Balogun, remember your left leg!”

Immediately, Balogun released a rocket of a shot that the keeper tried to save but it tore a hole in his stomach, destroyed the net, killed the fan behind the post who shouted at Thunder to use his left and was only stopped by the third mainland bridge behind the Onikan Stadium.

In fact legend has it that until this day, the blood stains from the slain goalkeeper can be seen on the posts at the Onkan Stadium while cracks on the bridge indicate the portion that stopped the ball in its tracks.

The goalkeeper died and the grief was too much for Thunder Balogun to bear so he quit football even though he eventually won the FA Cup.

I’m sure you heard your own version of this story but that was how great the man was back in the day

http://www.naijafootball247.com/2012/07/legend-of-thunder-balogun.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2014
Facts about Thunder balogun:

1. First player to score hat trick in the FA cup Finals
2. First player to win the FA cup Five times
3. First Nigerian player to play professional football abroad England.

He went to UK in August 1955 to sign with Peterborough United.[3] However, Balogun never made a league appearance for Peterborough,[4] and spent time with Skegness Town before signing with Queens Park Rangers, scoring 3 goals in 13 appearances in the Football League during the 1956–57 season

4. First qualified Nigerian Coach.
• He was an assistant to Hungarian Josef Ember— then Nigerian coach—at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico.

5. arguable one of Nigeria’s all time great

Read more about Balogun here
http://www.punchng.com/sports/the-thunder-that-struck-nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by donigspain(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
I will be there LIVE at the "Columbia stand" to support my Enyimba... Of course, I will wear oxygen mask knowing fully well what goes on in that "Columbia stand".
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
donigspain:
I will be there LIVE at the "Columbia stand" to support my Enyimba... Of course, I will wear oxygen mask knowing fully well what goes on in that "Columbia stand".

"if he no good for your brain quite"

just go to wear you can enjoy the game live dolphins stand

lols
Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by robosky02(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
LEGENDS OF THE FA CUP:

The first crop of nigerian players

from the "league" after some F.A. games formed nigeria first national team "red devils" now "super eagles".
they went on tour to the UK in 1949.

team list;

THE SQUAD
GOALKEEPERS: Sam Ibiam (Port Harcourt), Isaac Akioye (Hercules, Ibadan)

DEFENCE: Justin Onwudiwe (Lagos Railway), Olisa Chukwura (Abeokuta), ATB Ottun (Lagos Marines), Isiaku Shittu (Lagos UAC), John Dankaro (Jos), Hope Lawson (Lagos Marine), Dan Anyiam (Lagos UAC), Okoronkwo Kanu (Land & Survey).

FORWARDS: Mesembe Otu (Lagos Marine), Peter Anieke (Lagos Railway), Sokari Dokubo (Lagos Railway), Godwin Anosike (Lagos Railway), Tesilimi Balogun (Lagos Railway), Titus Okere (Lagos Railway), Etim Henshaw (Lagos Marine) and Edet Ben (Lagos Marine

Re: Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 by jobsat34(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2014
robosky02:

i just get excited by the quality of players in the nigerian league.

they can argueably walk into the super eagles first 11 any day if not for sentiments

check the play against ghana

a 3 man midfield of Kingsley Sokari, Joseph Nathaniel and Christian Pyagbara would have performed better than those clowns i saw yesterday against south africa...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Cup 2018. D'Tigress Defeat Greece 57-56. Qualify For Quarter Final / Osimhen Named Man Of The Match In Super Eagles’ Win Against Lesotho / Tributes: Life And Times Of Keshi In Pictures And Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.