Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,708 members, 7,805,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos (50415 Views)

Unbelievable Pictures Of University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Kwara State / / Model College, Ojo Lagos (2006 Set) Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by mapist(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
ednut1:
fashola is jst overated. d roads everywhere in lag are all bad. go to ikeja and see for ur self. schools in a state of ruins. he is ntin but an overated cu*t

He's not o,baba.its just dat,he can't do it all alone but,one thing I'm api abt is dat,he's brought sanity to our state in a way.errybody is now conscious of d law.d incoming govt shud pick a sector lagging behind too to fix and b4 we all know,all these wud be history..it's all abt continuity and not just fighting for d ofis cos of to TIEF TIEF.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ShirelleBaby: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
not4sure:
Some of those building was like 2 - 3 yrs old so let me tell you, it is just poor maintenance culture from either the student or you their teacher

God bless you.
Some of those students are barbaric destroyers.I went to a govt owned school and @ the end of every term u need to see the way some students take joy in destroying things.
It makes u wonder if they are possessed.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Booty4me: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
Serve them right.. This was the same school laspotec was doing there partime program.. But the then deputy governor chased us out 4years ago.. Am not surprise at what am seeing.. Laspotec provided chairs, tables.. Cleaners to take care of the school, its was like a campus then,
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by rozayx5(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
arresa grin cheesy grin cheesy

where are u grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by sirmmykay(m): 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Cnt believe dis, graduated frm dis skul 2005 wen mr Fadahusin is d principal, right frm time dis skul has been suffering frm structural infrastructure bt nt worse to dis level. I culd remember then, we ar d one dt construct our desk nd chair, history nw. Will mk sure I post d pixs on d groups on watsapp nd fb dt is created for ex-student of dis great skul. Saaaad mehn

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by xaggar(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
it was my alma mater back in 1991-1996. i remember colleagues like julius ogbar, solomon tonpreyo, kemi john, kike afuwape, oluranti, uyi west osemwenkhae, victor enengedi, mr. fadahunsi (physics teacher), mr. bastinado, baba michael, micah oweta, zebulon olorunjeda, bunmi oke, anthony obi etc...
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by laoma15(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hahahaha I dey laugh oh! This school is just a little show of shame compared to what obtains in other places. There is just one thing that could be responsible for this; a nation under a curse. Dilapidation everywhere. How do we expect the students turned out from this schools to perform in the society? Little wonder people are crying for lack of Job while multinational companies goes abroad to recruit capable hands.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by willibounce1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
These buildings am seeing here are still ok na. You need to go to some government primary schools in ikorodu, ebutte meta, the same Ojo, egbeda, okoko and so on.

I swear if u go to these schools, you will weep for the little children and curse fashola to death. The simple question is to ask them why their children don't attend these public schools.

What about the roads? Zero. They only focus on uptown places.

Though Nigerians too are really docile and seem to be comfortable with anything they get from the government. The cra..zy and phoo.lish LG chairmen do not do anything at all. They just earn free money and embezzle money meant for infrastructure. But you cannot blame them because Nigerians will never tackle them. LG government is the closest to the people, yet Nigerians don't tackle them at all.

All the roads in every community street in lagos are terrible. I mean all the roads. That is to tell you that Nigerians are not ready for development at all. It is the same thing when you go to every state. People need to start exposing these political animals by taking pictures like these and posting them all over the internet. All Nigerian politicians are bunch of fraudsters and killers. God punish them all.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by jaydee87(m): 10:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
we seeing pictures of deteriorated school building instead of feeling sorry for the student we here saying party this party that, pls this is a serious issue not a party issue.
the way forward is what we shud look for not bringing politics into everything that happens.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by jaydee87(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
xaggar:
it was my alma mater back in 1991-1996. i remember colleagues like julius ogbar, solomon tonpreyo, kemi john, ademola lawson, afokoghene paul enaye, kike afuwape, oluranti, uyi west osemwenkhae, victor enengedi, mr. fadahunsi (physics teacher), mr. bastinado, baba michael, micah oweta, zebulon olorunjeda, bunmi oke, anthony obi etc... i'm Maxwell O.
Mr max tink ur alumni should do some thing about it....

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by xaggar(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
jaydee87:

Mr max tink ur alumni should do some thing about it....
neva joined the alumni. too distant for that.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by fridayj(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Sweping d roughcapet..... sir...fasola sm tin ned to done on dis an d maintenance cuture..

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by MOSSADII(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
indeed, your brain is very much troubled!
not4sure:
Some of those building was like 2 - 3 yrs old so let me tell you, it is just poor maintenance culture from either the student or you their teacher

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by elbinmanny(m): 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
not4sure:
rusbish...im an engineer..the life span of any component of a structure is suppose to last atleast 15 yrs before maintainance if it was properly built angry

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ZUBY77(m): 12:09am On Nov 20, 2014
doopsy:
Wow, what a pity, o great awori college, and to think this school has schooled a lot of great people...we shall leave no stone unturned to make things better..."

Yea, I heard Aristotle and Einstein studied there.

There is no great person in Nigeria who studied there. Give me one name.
Don't give me names of great thieves such as Fashola, Oyedepo, Adeboye, OBJ etc..
This are the reason why that school is that way.

Send one child from the above mentioned families to that school, and see how fast that place will be turned into Harvard.

*but of course there are some goats who are going to separate those names I mentioned, defend half of them with the threat of hell fire against me and rush to pay tithe to them next Sunday while that school falls to the ground.

You see we are as guilty as those who live above us.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by prof800(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2014
How is this Fashola's business?

It is local govt sch.
Ask the LG chairman first.

Btw, this is my rival-mata. grin
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Kruzilano(m): 12:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Wats unbelievable abou dis? Its good na, evrybody wants to live in lagos
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Jokay07(m): 12:33am On Nov 20, 2014
DesertCommado:
Oga Fashola your attention is seriously needed here.
Awori college Ojo Lagos is in need of both God and government intervention.
the time being wasted to capture those buildings would have and should have been diverted to something else that is profitable. You people have been trying to bring to light, the slip up of Fashola by even comparing him Akpabio just because the latter succeded in grounding a stadium. Well, it's good. But I see it as an act of foolishness cum ignorance, stupidity at its peak to expect a government be ye state or national level to transform the state/country within four years. Development has no peak, it's a w.i.p i.e, work in progress. Do u expect him to transform the entire lagos state to Dubai within 8 years? Come on, that's ridiculous. Think big. Don't loose the sight of it through hatred. I'm nt a fig fan of fashola, but uploading those pics on internet just to shoot down his reputation is what we called .................... Fill in the gap.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Olypeppy(f): 1:49am On Nov 20, 2014
You don't expect him to do all at the same time and space.Even with d uncommon transformation going on in Akwa ibom state some schools there r seriously lacking infrastructure.The ones that exist lack maintenance.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ChynoBEATS: 1:59am On Nov 20, 2014
kelechiMarie:
sadbut what is the LGA chairman doing?Do they just collect allowances and leave all developmental projects to the state?
......... As if u'®e in my brain sef.... cheesy abeg help me ask those ApC LGA chairmen O .... Infact ehn..they'hv finished lagos.... Thief people... That cabal of defunct party old heads that won't let Eko 2grow.... Stu.pid idi.ots with that party that Hosts All-Pollitical-Criminals..... :-/

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by shaizegotswag: 2:30am On Nov 20, 2014
doopsy:
Wow, what a pity, o great awori college, and to think this school has schooled a lot of great people...we shall leave no stone unturned to make things better..."
. This school has really changed ooo? Awori kai back then
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Revolva(m): 2:41am On Nov 20, 2014
grin grin grin SHAME TO NAIJA EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Chinoble(f): 5:08am On Nov 20, 2014
doopsy:
like sewiously!?
Aworian?
Long may u live awori college!
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Chinoble(f): 5:30am On Nov 20, 2014
Jinyjagz:
d school is nt dat bad compare to others, went dere last week...blame d school management nt fashola
school management ko, hotel management ni
it has alwayz been like dis.
While i waz still schln dia, if u r in jss1 or ss1, ur name is sorry cus dia wll be no sit for u. Jus eat well @ home, come to schl by 6:30am and fight for tyre, kpako, and space wit ur mates. If u r not up to the task/not strong enough, den be ready to sit on dat dusty floor.
Only in jss2, 3, ss2 nd 3 dat u can sit on a comfortable sit.

Infact d motto shud ve been '' survival of the fittest''

but d good tin abt the school is dat d students r always intelligent, strong and ve high level of tolerance and work with one mind.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 5:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Now, that's a sensible post that needs to be shared and re-shared

I was wondering though , places like that is mostly called tarmac. , so my question is : do you teach there or were you smoking weed there ? grin grin
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Chinoble(f): 5:43am On Nov 20, 2014
But mehnn...........great awori don baje really bad o.
I knw dat d schl is not king's/queen's college but @ least not this bad.

And to tink dat dis great schl hd produced great nd prominent men and women.........

God plz touch the hearts of the already successful old boyz nd girlz of Awori college ojo to do somtin abt the skul.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Chinoble(f): 5:50am On Nov 20, 2014
sirmmykay:
Cnt believe dis, graduated frm dis skul 2005 wen mr Fadahusin is d principal, right frm time dis skul has been suffering frm structural infrastructure bt nt worse to dis level. I culd remember then, we ar d one dt construct our desk nd chair, history nw. Will mk sure I post d pixs on d groups on watsapp nd fb dt is created for ex-student of dis great skul. Saaaad mehn
Thank u!
I learned my first skill dia......CARPENTRY.....lol
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by Chinoble(f): 5:52am On Nov 20, 2014
sirmmykay:
Thank u!
I learned my first skill dia......CARPENTRY.....lol
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by ddeola: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Fashola is working abi ?
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by sunboy(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2014
Please don't blame Fashola only for that school, but blame the chairman LG( remember Ojo is a very big local government) and they make huge revenue, blame the school management too.
I used to read in that school during my undergraduate days because it was very close to my hostel, sometime ago I noticed some renovations going on, the rebuilt their fence while covers a long span and some classes were renovated which the OP ignored, even at that I have a feeling the state government is remitting for maintenance but some people are swallowing it and doing the very little things.
That local government is heavily corrupt abeg, even without state government intervention it is enough for the LGA and the Obas to renovate because they all benefitting heavily from the presence of Alaba.
Last bullet: I remember the chairman of the local government once put pictures of the newly renovated classes about 5 of them on guess, pictures of painted walls as u can see some on the OP picture, put them on a banner with his image and placed the banner in front of the LG entrance gate as an achievement sad

bottomline: I have a feeling that awori people naturally don't like development, they just like their primitive life style, like roads with tiny or better still no gutters at all, like houses without toilet, like waiting for foreigners like ibo and other yorubas to come develop their place for them etc.

Blame the LGA, Blame the school management. Make your findings well money for renovations are remitted.
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by zudozz: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2014
D country is dead. Only they ve not fixed a date 4 d burial. Killed by Politics, politicians, police, policies!
Re: Unbelievable Pictures Of Awori college Ojo Lagos by sunboy(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2014
I remember Birch Freeman High school in Surulere was totally rebuilt by 80% private funds of the alumni, yes! that's the school Fashola attended too and was the president of the alumni then, nobody posted that in the media but the school's standard can boast with some first class private schools in Lagos in terms of infrastructure.

Eko boys high school is directly opposite Birch freeman , the state government has been disturbing the federal government to fix that school since Tinubu administration if I can remember because it's a federal school, this same school have one of the highest great personalities that finished from that school, what happened ? ? ? ?

Sentiment apart, there is a lot of schools in Lagos than any other state in this country, and I do not expect miracles, development I know is a gradual process which works faster when the top to the bottom holders are not corrupt. You don't expect the state to be omnipresent in the whole of the state at once instead we shouldn't have asked how many life have been touched so far? If this question proof more positive than negative then we should know It's gradually coming to touch everybody and vice versa.

Lastly, let's stop criticising on political divides.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Pays Students SIWES Allowance / Public Primary School In Manchester (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.