Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital (11759 Views)

Doctors’ Strike Paralyses Ekiti Teaching Hospital / NAFDAC Losing N120m Weekly At Ports Due To Workers’ Strike / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by akpanikpe(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
yuzjet:

Will go when u and ur mama is ready to follow suit!
I love both mine and Urs so I can reply bck wit the word mama, God bless our mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by holatin(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
hmmmm Nigeria is falling I pray she no fall flat
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by hassymo5(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
thats is y Government should Harmonized salaries, by using only one salary structure
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by tben80(m): 12:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Which way Nigeria[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by farem: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
adeoladrg:
I'm gutted!

By what? I pray it's not by fire.
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by sogodihno: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
lomaxx:

If that's all you see, then your mental shortsightedness has a bad prognosis
And i used to respect u o, Why resulting to insult? Dont wory, say all u want, i dont engage in e-fighting with somebody like u. peace
Dont try quoting me

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Sohot1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
yeye people competing with doctors since 119BC...Mtchwww....

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
keyzid:
Just booking space.......

Funny signature.
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Government should commence a gradual privatization of the hospitals in Nigeria. This is the ONLY way forward.
It is instructive to note that the Indian hospitals that Nigerians daily troop to , are private- owned.

I would amend your post to ''Government should turn teaching hospitals into public private partnerships, and spend the money saved on primary and secondary health care. In addition Govt should with the help of the private sector establish five teaching hospitals in each and every state....with a mandate to train 200 doctors, 400 Nurses, and so on a year in each one of them. Finally, spending on health should be 30% of the National Budget....after the fuel subsidy is removed....with the money saved channeled into health care. And fees in the teaching hospitals must go up.''

P.S...A ''Children's Hospital''...should be established in each of the six geo-political zones....to work in tandem with the teaching hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by hybridtm(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
And..dis people will come here and shout... dat doctors are insensitive to the suffering of d common man..The problem i do hv wit nurses..strike..y do dey lock all d instrument and walk away wit d key

6 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by idu1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
akpanikpe:

U can all do better if u volunteer to help in the hospital, at list to be carrying bodies to mutuary.
looooooooolz
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
one grt achievement ov GEJ administration is STRIKE in every sector...

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
kennygee:
When will these incessant strikes stop?
4054 AD
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
You really can't blame the health workers for going on strike. Who will love to work without being paid? Until the govt sits up concerning its responsibilities, sectors of the economy will only remain in disarray. We should blame the govt more than the striking health workers. Its a pity the govt don't patronize these hospitals since they all do their medical checkups in foreign hospitals. Yet some people are still hustling for voters card to vote this same insensitive govt back in. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by naijamd(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
adeoladrg:
I'm gutted!

You know, I've never failed to air my discontent over this unholy marriage called JOHESU. I've neither failed to find words to express my hate towards both NMA and the Federal government. Now, who suffers? who suffers?

I'm tired mehn!
You hate the NMA and the Federal Government but have only petty 'discontent' for JOHESU, even if the doctors are not the ones on strike. Way to talk about bias.

When the doctors were on strike you hated them and when Johesu is on strike you are discontented with but still hates the doctors. Pray tell us, why this is personal to you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by sanandreas(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
FG sack all of them without benefit. Casualize the system. They would sit up. Am tired of these incessant strike. The only pple when nor dey go on strike name ashawo grin
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Eeser: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
I thought the last time doctors went on strike, JOHESU had a press release saying the doctors are heartless and insensitive to the suffering of the masses?
The question now is why is JOHESU on strike? Shey they say you guys can be consultants.
I just dey vex.

6 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
If the government stops playing politics with the health sector this nonsense will end
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
Eeser:
I thought the last time doctors went on strike, JOHESU had a press release saying the doctors are heartless and insensitive to the suffering of the masses?
The question now is why is JOHESU on strike? Shey they say you guys can be consultants.
I just dey vex.
Their only goal is to be given all the priviledges attached to doctors; even the consultant post recently awarded them is not enough. Infact, they can only be happy when they begin to earn the same salary as doctors.Enthronement of mediocrity seems to be the final objective.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by ramonchang(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Government should commence a gradual privatization of the hospitals in Nigeria. This is the ONLY way forward.
It is instructive to note that the Indian hospitals that Nigerians daily troop to , are private- owned.
so dat onli d rich ll av access to gud health services n d poor ll b visitin traditional doctor abi
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by drered(m): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
The strike is a no-brainer, it was inevitable. I can't imagine how short sighted our government could be. I expected a round table discussion with NMA and JOHESU so that everything in contention be addressed once and for all. You don't go giving a particular group privileges in the same system and not expect the others to speak out when they are just as qualified for this privileges.. Unfortunately strike action is the only effective line of action that the government responds to, nothing else. Meaningful dialogue hardly leads anywhere and who suffers? The patients.. It is just disheartening really, one day I'm going on ward rounds in the renal unit in uch seeing critically ill patients with various forms of complication and over half of the patients there due for dialysis, some can't afford 30k for dialysis and the ones that can have to wait their chance which could take a week and the next week I'm in the same ward and everywhere is empty.. Critically ill patients breathing through a hose in their nose kicked out? I don't even know.. But then it was just horrible, the faces of the boys, men and women in pain I saw the previous week was just piercing.. I really hope things get better soon and the issue with healthcare is addressed squarely..

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by pazienza(m): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
Why is it that the public is not talking ill of the Nurses and the rest of the JOHESU people? Are they(JOHESU) not puting their ego and selfish interests before those of the patients?

If it were to be the Drs, the whole public would be on their case now.

5 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by olaqudus2341: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
For me I believe the health sector needs a complete overhaul, JOHESU doesn't go on strike as much as NMA. A lot of imbalance as occurred due to government neglect of JOHESU and none implementation of agreed terms. I hope the strike is called of soon and government plays it part to see that neccesary medical attention is giving to the masses.
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by akpumping7720(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Should we say GEJ's administration is not working or all these acts are to discredit and bring down his administration?
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
and Nairaland doctors were making mouth and bragging during the last NMA strike about how hospitals in Nigeria would function well without JOHESU. hmmm
Anyway, make I dey watch the medical workers show of shame from across the Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I would amend your post to ''Government should turn teaching hospitals into public private partnerships, and spend the money saved on primary and secondary health care. In addition Govt should with the help of the private sector establish five teaching hospitals in each and every state....with a mandate to train 200 doctors, 400 Nurses, and so on a year in each one of them. Finally, spending on health should be 30% of the National Budget....after the fuel subsidy is removed....with the money saved channeled into health care. And fees in the teaching hospitals must go up.''

P.S...A ''Children's Hospital''...should be established in each of the six geo-political zones....to work in tandem with the teaching hospitals.
Excellent post. The government needs to introduce the casual system of employment too.
Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by imanuel5959: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
Very interesting to know how nairalanders hate doctors, when NMA was on strike all of una joined johesu to be screaming how insensitive and they were. Today, d same johesu is on strike and all of una are keeping mute.

Issorite!!

4 Likes

Re: Health Workers' Strike Paralyses Federal Hospital by dexterinc2003: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
I wonder why this useless JOHESU group has not been scrapped by the FG.well,that's what you get when the leadership of a country is weak and clueless.things that confuse me about this johesu group though.
1.Nurses work half or less than half the time doctors work,yet expect to get paid the same salary
2.All johesu members spend less years in school compared to their doctor counterparts yet expect to get paid on the same salary scale
3.I never knew majority of nairalanders are so dumb and biased not to see or should i say pretend not to see the death toll being amassed daily because of the greed of this Johesu group.
4.If this were an NMA strike,all the johesuites in the house (95% of nairalanders) will be screaming 'sack them all' ,'dont pay them','they are greedy',and now you are all just pathetically mute?

Bunch of hypocrites oshi. angry angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy / NAFDAC Closes Illegal Chinese Factory Producing Mosquito Coil In Kano / CSOs Hold "Let The Poor Live" Protest In Abuja Over Ban On Sachet Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.