Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World (475 Views)

5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / 2,000-year-old Copy Of Ten Commandment On Display In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World by mumumugu(m): 12:48am On Nov 19, 2014
, peoplewho sincerely believe the Ten Commandments to be the apogee of divine guidancehave been doing things like pillaging, slaughtering other species, burning books and witches and infidels, owning sex slaves, beating children, conquering heathens, and generally deciding who counts and who doesn’t based on gender hierarchy, religion, and tribal boundaries.

Imagine how radically different Western history might have been if the Ten Commandments went something like this:

1.This above all shall ye take as my first command: Thou shalt treat living beings as they want to be treated. And the second commandment is like unto it:

2.In as much as be possible, thou shalt avoid afflicting pain or sorrow, which shall be unto thee my signs of ill and evil.

3.Thou shalt honor and protect all of creation, for I the LORD have created it that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

4.Thou shalt have sexual relations with neither human nor beast who chooseth not freely what pleasures thou mayest offer.

5.Thou shalt not beat the child, but by admonition and instruction with kindness shall teach both wisdom and skill.

6.Thou shalt do unto members of other religions and tribes as thou dost unto thine own.

7.I, the LORD your God, forbid thee to own other persons be they woman, man or child; neither shall ye subject any gender nor race one to another, but shall honor my image in all.

8.Thou shalt not destroy the lands of thine enemies, nor poison their well, nor salt their earth, neither shalt thou cut their shade tree nor burn their vineyard, nor wantonly slaughter the beast of their field.

9.Thou shalt wash thy hands before eating and shalt boil the drinking water that has been defiled by man or beast.

10.Thou shalt ask the questions that can show thee wrong, so that through the toil of many, from generation unto generation, ye may come to discover the great I AM.

This list of Ten Commandments would have changed the course of history. , or the slave trade, or Northern Ireland, or the Iraq War.
It would have changed history
Re: Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2014
B like say u wan become like God...d tin don dey hungry u since.......
Re: Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World by An2elect2(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
mtswww. Better go and cry out to God for a cimplete transformation of you.
Re: Lets Suggest A Better Ten Commandment That Will Change The World by An2elect2(f): 8:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
mtswww. Better go and cry out to God for a complete transformation of you.

(1) (Reply)

A Word From GOD: Questions For Giripa / Was Virgin Mary Married To Joseph? / "Two Hands Working Will Achieve More Than Thousands Of Hands Doing Nothing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.