Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! (6549 Views)

Our Party Leaders Are Fraudulent, Shameful And Dishonest – Yakubu Dogara Group / Polls: Only Dishonest Politicians Need Fear Card Readers- The Sun Newspapers / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 5:56am On Nov 19, 2014
Yes a lot of Nigerians are corrupt and dishonest. Nigerians always scream about the fact that the leaders are corrupt but it takes a corrupt follower to become a corrupt leader. Honesty is a word that has found no place in the dictionary of a typical Nigerian.

A critical look at various topics on Nairaland talking about critical issues such as corruption, mismanagement, wasteful spending always end up in PDP vs APC achievement, Akpabio vs Fashola, GEJ vs APC etc. Supporters even go further to abuse the op for raising the topic even at times the topic is culled from a newspaper with a link. Most of these topics always ends up in PDP vs APC abusing each other. Also any topic raised about misgovernance is seen to be an APC or PDP topic. For example, if the issue is about say Akpabio, a lot of his ethnic and state people, even PDP members will rush to support whatever he did and to castigate the others for raising the point and they are quick to remind them that it is not their state.

If we continue like this, how do we hold our leaders accountable? Yes the state in question might not be yours but we have to be interested and honest about leadership in Nigeria. A lot of people in Lagos are not from Lagos, so should they keep quiet and watch misgovernance since it is not their state? Some in Lagos visit their own state once in a year, so which state will they be more interested in and how things are done?

Because of this divisive and dishonest thinking, Nigerian leaders have continued to use it to their advantage and it is working for them very well. When an issue of corruption or misgovernance is raised please let's discuss within the context. The leaders are accountable to us.

Let's be honest with ourselves and stop supporting any corrupt act whether the person in question is a member of our party, religion, region or ethnic group.

Be honest because you have a conscience and know what is right and wrong!

- thomasthomas

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Fact, someone will soon come here and tell us Buhari is incorruptible.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 19, 2014
#true.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Gboliwe: 6:01am On Nov 19, 2014
menabadoo:

Lol grin

@topic, you are very correct. Even without using the site as a case study, I have come to realise that in my day to day activities. Nigerians are majorly a corrupt and very dishonest people. What baffles me most is the level of religious piety they display.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by jigga40(m): 6:03am On Nov 19, 2014
On point.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2014
Show me anyone who is not corrupt in nigeria and i will prove that he has a root outside nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2014
samflexx:
Show me anyone who is not corrupt in nigeria and i will prove that he has a root outside nigeria.
Haha grin there are few people in Nigeria that are not corrupt although a vast majority are including the so-called religious leaders.

I can say I am one of them. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:11am On Nov 19, 2014
Gbam!!!!!!!!!
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by joseph1832(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2014
I didn't even need to read your post to agree with you. Nairaland reflects the emotion of Nigerians on social media and its proven to be tribalistc, nepotistic, bigoted and appalling.

13 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 19, 2014
menabadoo:
You see exactly what the op is talking about. To you everything is about APC vs PDP.
@Topic.... op life is too short to put Nairaland matter on your head. Nigeria is a f uc ked up nation The way supposedly intelligent people talk on some thread sometimes makes me wonder if Nigeria will be better at all. Real niggaz are out there making cool money than obsessing with what is happening here. Who cares if anyone here has sold his birth right for a plate of akpu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 19, 2014
menabadoo:
You see exactly what the op is talking about. To you everything is about APC vs PDP.
@Topic.... op life is too short to put Nairaland matter on your head. Nigeria is a f uc ked up nation The way supposedly intelligent people talk on some thread sometimes makes me wonder if Nigeria will be better at all. Real niggaz are out there making cool money than obsessing with what is happening here. Who cares if anyone here has sold his birth right for a plate of akpu?

3 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Mrval20(m): 6:16am On Nov 19, 2014
I, for one, am not corrupt.
Good morning Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Mrval20:
I, for one, am not corrupt.
Good morning Nigeria!
Welcome to the club bro. cheesy
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 6:27am On Nov 19, 2014
joseph1832:
I didn't even need to read your post to agree with you. Nairaland reflects the emotion of Nigerians on social media and its proven to be tribalistc, nepotistic, bigoted and appalling.

Excellent!
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by yousee(m): 6:28am On Nov 19, 2014
Oya everybody come and wash yourself clean, speak big big grammar, castigate Nigerians ( like say you no follow), then go back to your corrupt ways. Looking for how to defraud, bribe, collect graft etc. After all na Nairaland we dey.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by omenka(m): 6:28am On Nov 19, 2014
Gboliwe:

Lol grin

@topic, you are very correct. Even without using the site as a case study, I have come to realise that in my day to day activities. Nigerians are majorly a corrupt and very dishonest people. What baffles me most is the level of religious piety they display.
Very very disturbing I tell you.

10 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Mrval20(m): 6:28am On Nov 19, 2014
thomasthomas:
Welcome to the club bro. cheesy
Thanks a lot brosmiley
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by lirusehn(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2014

i came with the mind of posting a comment

undecided

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by thomasthomas: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2014
yousee:
Oya everybody come and wash yourself clean, speak big big grammar, castigate Nigerians ( like say you no follow), then go back to your corrupt ways. Looking for how to defraud, bribe, collect graft etc. After all na Nairaland we dey.
You need to know some people personally not on social media to be able to attest to their character and way of life. Cheers
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:39am On Nov 19, 2014
omenka:
Very very disturbing I tell you.
going low as. usual huh?
you can't do without involving Gej .
Tinubu is corruption personified

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by omenka(m): 6:40am On Nov 19, 2014
VICTORCIZA:
going low as. usual huh?
k
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by izikjon(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2014
#fact
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by frodobee: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2014
Better watch ur back. Are you saying Seun is corrupt?

3 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Orunto: 7:07am On Nov 19, 2014
ThomasThomas, you have tried and I agree without seeing the nail in your hands. Welldone. My suggestion to Nairalanders is to always recommend workable solutions to the problems they critize.

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by jamael(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2014
frodobee:
Better watch ur back. Are you saying Seun is corrupt?
SMH

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by otokx(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2014
...yawns
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by pontirock(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Hands Up For The Op! You Really Tried, Good Post

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2014
I don't see how the content of the thread matches with the title. Anyway, the problem is majorly from the Umbrella Camp. They have been propagating falsehood against the opposition and in favor of their Lords and masters in Wadatta Plazza, Aso Rock and their respective government houses. Whenever we bring the truth to the fore, they see it as an affront and rather than address issue, they result to insult. I am one of the people that insist that celebrating a Man like Akpabio variably means celebrating mediocrity. Akwa Ibomites are living in penury despite their huge allocation monthly. Instead of growth, infrastructure, economic improvement, job creation etc, we see few but expensive roads in capital city, stadium that has no impact on their economy and was opened with N1 billion, increased government spending to run its affairs, father christmas government dishing money to celebrities etc. Their young people are PA to another PA to another PA to another PA to a councillor, young girls are washing plates and doing the job of a househelp. Anyway, they seem happy with Akpabio, I wish them well.

2 Likes

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by bitterpenis(m): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2014
Well said, it baffles me most times when I see people support corrupt individuals due to political, religious or ethic affiliation
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Firefire(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2014
ok ooo
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Are Corrupt And Dishonest People. Let's discuss! by Firefire(m): 7:40am On Nov 19, 2014
VICTORCIZA:
going low as. usual huh?

By their fruits you shall know them undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leaked Phone Call Between Ex Gov Amosun & Shettima On GEJ, 2015 Elections & More / NLC To INEC: Do Not Validate Any "Illegal Convention" Endorsed By Julius Abure / Describe Bola Ahmed Tinubu In 2 Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.