Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? (2107 Views)

When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) / Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Muyogoa: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2014
I heard of a case from someone undergoing his NYSC. A man came and asked of their various higher institutions. They all replied the man. Then out of those that replied the man, the corper who graduated from OAU was pointed to by the man, and he said to the corper"you are the only one who went to school" Those it mean that other people who graduated from other schools were considered less by the man. Infact i heard that someone who graduated with third class from schools like OAU would still be considered in the labour market ahead of someone with 2nd class lower from some other schools.
MY question is, did the higher institution you graduated from really matters in your chance of employment? Or have you ever find yourself in a situation where your school was been downgraded by some people?
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by trisha01(f): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by teemanbastos(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2014
sure na..A Good Name is better dan money, datz y d goodname dat parents,schl,life creates 4 dier beneficiaries always pave way 4 one in life.
But 'NAME' itself is very strong...very very .. E.g naw, u mite nt knw an individual but d Name he has cre8d 4 imsf paves way for him in life.

1 Like

Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Elegbede205(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2014
Well this is NIGERIA(mayb not only nigeria) buh you dont need nairaland before you kno that the institution matters!

It better to just enjoy learning the skills learnt from your school and make good use of it.

Buh d man sef funny shay U.I and UNILAG no beta pass dat crappy skul!
#team_UNILAG
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Muyogoa: 8:19am On Nov 19, 2014
Elegbede205:
Well this is NIGERIA(mayb not only nigeria) buh you dont need nairaland before you kno that the institution matters!

It better to just enjoy learning the skills learnt from your school and make good use of it.

Buh d man sef funny shay U.I and UNILAG no beta pass dat crappy skul!
#team_UNILAG
aww, don't abuse Mr Seun school o.

1 Like

Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2014
Sure...just the mention of d name of my university to my previous employer gave me a job instantly...i ddnt hav to say anythn much...
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by DEGREE2466(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Muyogoa:
I heard of a case from someone undergoing his NYSC. A man came and asked of their various higher institutions. They all replied the man. Then out of those that replied the man, the corper who graduated from OAU was pointed to by the man, and he said to the corper"you are the only one who went to school" Those it mean that other people who graduated from other schools were considered less by the man. Infact i heard that someone who graduated with third class from schools like OAU would still be considered in the labour market ahead of someone with 2nd class lower from some other schools.
MY question is, did the higher institution you graduated from really matters in your chance of employment? Or have you ever find yourself in a situation where your school was been downgraded by some people?
Op! I never wanted to open this thread but the error in your heading/caption forced me to.

Remove the s in matter(s). It should read: DOES THE HIGHER INSTITUTION YOU GRADUATED FROM MATTER?

Secondly your story is incoherent and hard to believe..

Lastly, in as much as some schools are rated higher than others. Most employers hardly discriminate schools expecially federal and state schools unless it is private schools.

#UnibenUndergraduate

1 Like

Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Jinyjagz(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2014
yes na
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by holatin(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2014
yes and no
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Elegbede205(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Muyogoa:
aww, don't abuse Mr Seun school o.
buh i hear say mr.seun na drop out jxt like mark zugerberg..*hides*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2014
Elegbede205:

buh i hear say mr.seun na drop out jxt like mark zugerberg..*hides*
pls dnt say wat u duno dude.... Pls ...pls pls.. U hav to respect the administrator Seun

1 Like

Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Elegbede205(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
pls dnt say wat u duno dude.... Pls ...pls pls.. U hav to respect the administrator Seun

ofcourse i have respect 4 him..buh if my post is not having respect 4 im then am sorry sha! And dont qoute me again!!!
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by STENON(f): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2014
I dnt think so.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Some employers can be sentimental in employing people based on their tertiary institution..e.g- an employer who graduated from Lasu,might give Lasu graduates an edge over other institutions in recruitment process..

And another reason we have the alumni..

TeamLasu.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by chacoonder(m): 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
The man must have graduated from OAU.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Muyogoa: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
chacoonder:
The man must have graduated from OAU.
okay u mean it? Let me ask u a question. You are the owner of a big company and 5 person came to u for job. One is from OAU and the others are from OOU,LASU,KWASU and EBSU which one would u choose? Let say u are a graduate of UNILAG and u need just one person.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
Muyogoa:
okay u mean it? Let me ask u a question. You are the owner of a big company and 5 person came to u for job. One is from OAU and the others are from OOU,LASU,KWASU and EBSU which one would u choose? Let say u are a graduate of UNILAG and u need just one person.
I will choose ebsu, since one's productivity is now dependent on his alumni
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by doyinofficial(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
What of a graduate from university of Ghana.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Sure...just the mention of d name of my university to my previous employer gave me a job instantly...i ddnt hav to say anythn much...
B4 u got sacked ryt?
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Harjibode:

B4 u got sacked ryt?
lmao...... Before i left dr because dey were experiencing financial issues
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Johnfavour(m): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
It doesnt matter. But alumni do that.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by geedot: 12:07am On Nov 20, 2014
Bitter truth!
It does matter to employers(or should i say most)!!!
Sorry to burst ur bubbles..
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Karleb(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2014
ok. embarassed
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by chacoonder(m): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Muyogoa:
...I carry out an IQ test on them,then I will pick the smartest.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Adesam09(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hmm'
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Arsenalholic(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Elegbede205:

[ b]Buh d man sef funny shay U.I and UNILAG no beta pass dat crappy skul!
#team_UNILAG[/b]
You are guilty of the same crime that man commited - sentimentality. grin

I'm sure that man graduated from OAU.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Muyogoa: 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Arsenalholic:
You are guilty of the same crime that man commited - sentimentality. grin

I'm sure that man graduated from OAU.
are u from lower class uni?
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Muyogoa: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
chacoonder:
...I carry out an IQ test on them,then I will pick the smartest.
u mean u wld carry out Iq test? No! U wldn't want that OAU graduate to fail. Why? You want people to know whom are working in ur company so they can patronise you. Eg it is sweater to say during a public declaration that 'the financial secretary of My company is a graduate of OAU' than to say otherwise. I guess.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by Arsenalholic(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
Muyogoa:
are u from lower class uni?
I'l pretend like I didn't see ds.
Re: Does The Higher Institution You Graduated From Matter? by chacoonder(m): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Muyogoa:
u mean u wld carry out Iq test? No! U wldn't want that OAU graduate to fail. Why? You want people to know whom are working in ur company so they can patronise you. Eg it is sweater to say during a public declaration that 'the financial secretary of My company is a graduate of OAU' than to say otherwise. I guess.
U're a funny dude. So you mean u would prefer a dumb OAU graduate over any of your so called less prestigious university smart graduate...I pray u will become an employer one day,that's when you'll know that there are several other factors put into consideration during employment which are far greater than the employee's alma mater.

(1) (Reply)

11 Little Known Laws Of Karma...you might wanna know / 17 Grammar Mistakes You Really Need To Stop Correcting / JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal For 2016 Enabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.