Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:53 PM

Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You (2370 Views)

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die / Fashola Failed Lagosians – PDP / Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by bigass(f): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2014
Personally I think he tried but he failed me In 3 areas
1 The state of the inner roads of Lagos.
2 Lack of solution to the huge traffic in Lagos
3 Poor and ill equipped pry health centres

Feel free to add yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by sammieone(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Fashola was just a sign board placed by Tinubu...how many project did he commission this second term, what significant is Orelope Adefulire to Fashola...the love Nigerians has to fashola was just a first Term love but was crippled during the second term...APC is just full of Propaganda. If u ask me Fashola failed these second term

14 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by bigass(f): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2014
I will like it of we dont look at this from apc and pdp angle lets talk about failures generally.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2014
Drinking water, zero.

8 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by bigass(f): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara:
Drinking water, zero.

Imagine a state like this has no pipe borne water delivered to people's homes.

10 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by tomakint: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2014
I will start with lack of infrastructural developments in Satellite town, Okokomaiko, Ojoo, Sangotedo, Atlantic view estate axis, Agungi side of Lekki, astronomical rise in rents in Surulere, Ojuelegba, Ikeja axis, deplorable condition of roads and flood in Ayobo, Ipaja, ifako-ijaiye axis etc and other militating factors especially the re-emergence of touts at bustops in many areas in mainland (esp trade fair, festac, satellite town areas) trust me d guy na wash undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2014
bigass:

Yet, they call the state a mega city.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by jamace(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2014
Fashola is a failure. He is only thriving on propaganda.

7 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2014
did i just hear u say Ifako/ijiaye?
tomakint:
I will start with lack of infrastructural developments in Satellite town, Okokomaiko, Ojoo, Sangotedo, Atlantic view estate axis, Agungi side of Lekki, astronomical rise in rents in Surulere, Ojuelegba, Ikeja axis, deplorable condition of roads and flood in Ayobo, Ipaja, ifako-ijaiye axis etc and other militating factors especially the re-emergence of touts at bustops in many areas in mainland (esp trade fair, festac, satellite town areas) trust me d guy na wash undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by tomakint: 11:21am On Nov 19, 2014
iammo6:
did i just hear u say Ifako/ijiaye?
Yes you heard me right and please include 'axis'

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2014
Hunger grin
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by spillyboy14: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2014
TAW !!!

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2014
lol...when was the last time u went there It better not be the one at Ogba that u are referringto
tomakint:

Yes you heard me right and please include 'axis'

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 28, 2014
That is not true. In fact, aside roads, housing, environment, electricity, provision of water is one of those other areas the governor made giant strides, afaic.

The recurrent trouble the state may face is its gross over population, also most areas are largely built up. I wager this was why the lasg went the mini waterworks way. There are mini waterworks in Badore, Lekki, Aguda, Itire, Adiyan etc. The inhabitants of these localities enjoy water to their homes, some for as low as N70/month.

That said, my grouse with Fashola is the non-maintenance of completed projects or existing ones, especially roads! I don't see maintenance anywhere. Almost all the school classrooms that were built are going into disrepair. It's so sad, really.

bigass:

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 28, 2014
tomakint:
he did an interlocking tiles road at igboelerin-agboroko in okokomaiko. The badagry 8-lane expressway which will have a rail line will futher open up okokomaiko, satelite town and ojo which are all off the road currently under construction. As to high rate of tenancy fees, he's not the land lord. Ifako ijaiye has its own share of development especially ogba(wemco road, college road). Stop typing trash from another region especially when there are people on ground to refute your claims. I think you're just trying to malign your Next VP's image.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 28, 2014
Like Fash like Osho. 1st term governors. Propaganda governor.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by chamboy(m): 3:45am On Nov 28, 2014
Judging by Present Day Nigeria Status, Fashola is above Average, He Can't do everything, He has Already laid down a foundation, Benchmark sth that other Governors after him can develop more on.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by chamboy(m): 3:56am On Nov 28, 2014
I bet if he did nothing Like jonathan's tenure at Bayelsa... None of ur critics above would say anything.
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 28, 2014
Fasola would have remain one of the best governor Lagosians ever had,if he had bow out in his first term..

The second term is plagued with too many flaws,that rubbished his achievements.

Back to the topics,he failed in infrastructure development. Too many things are just lacking..

When are we going to have it good in this country?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by juman(m): 5:14am On Nov 28, 2014
He failed in the aspect of not borrowing more and more billions of dollars to do significant projects.
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by MajeMedia: 5:20am On Nov 28, 2014
juman:
He failed in the aspect of not borrowing more and more billions of dollars to do significant projects.
Lagos constitutes 1/3 of the total national internal debt...
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:31am On Nov 28, 2014
How many of those critics above pay tax?

Identity yourself

Mega cities around the world never stop developing and Lagos as one will never stop developing.

Tokyo, New York, London, Paris are still developing to meet up with many changes .

Can anyone compare the pace of development in Lagos State and Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by juman(m): 5:50am On Nov 28, 2014
MajeMedia:

Lagos constitutes 1/3 of the total national internal debt...

If the governor has more money at his disposal he would perform by far better. nigeria is a country where we lack all kinds of infrastructure. Money is needed to build them.

Look I live in a city of 620, 000 people and the budget is four and half billion dollars. While lagos of more then 20 million people has budget of less than three billion dollars. You see that nigeria is a very backward country.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by AcidosisMega: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Fashola spent the second tenure criticizing the Federal Govt.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by meccuno: 6:48am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
Judging by Present Day Nigeria Status, Fashola is above Average, He Can't do everything, He has Already laid down a foundation, Benchmark sth that other Governors after him can develop more on.
tinubu laid the foundation already and what fashola was supposed to do was build on it,not lay another foundation....The bench mark would have been feasible only if the other states were generating the same amount of IGR with lagos state.Then I think we could compare and contrast without senÞiments.....

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by chamboy(m): 6:53am On Nov 28, 2014
meccuno:
tinubu laid the foundation already and what fashola was supposed to do was build on it,not lay another foundation....The bench mark would have been feasible only if the other states were generating the same amount of IGR with lagos state.Then I think we could compare and contrast without senÞiments.....
sure Tinubu Did I understand nw
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by rozayx5(m): 7:07am On Nov 28, 2014
fashola once a scam, always a scam
NEXT cool cool

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by gratiaeo(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2014
People in Aguda, Okota, satellite town does not know who's fasola
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2014
bigass:
Personally I think he tried but he failed me In 3 areas
1 The state of the inner roads of Lagos.
2 Lack of solution to the huge traffic in Lagos
3 Poor and ill equipped pry health centres

Feel free to add yours
I think you covered everything already, as for water, the government just completed the biggest water plant in west Africa this water plant will conveniently service 2 states in Nigeria, guess what it can't even cover 40% of Lagosians (population) . Other sectors, i will give him a pass.
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by JingoOAU(m): 8:07am On Nov 28, 2014
The question I always ask people is that if Fashola only perform in his first term, what about all other things he's inaugurating almost everyday

During his second term, he has been able tobuild so many estates under HOMS, new roads are tarred, street lights are being lightened, more schools are being renovated, etc. Unless we wanna say that those projects are bogus, thus non existent.

As far as I know, I stays in ikeja and I know for sure that Fashola has really tried his best in Ikeja. The only problem I have against him is the issue of Omo Onile and all those touts collecting money at the motor parks.

I wish laosians, especially the drivers and conductor would go on strike in Lagos for one week so that Fashola would be forced to banall those useless touts masquerading and constituting nuisance to the general public

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Headline of Gen Buhari / Fashola Handing Over APC Flag To PDP Chieftains/defectors In Lagos. PICS... / History: World War II In Photos: The Battle Of Britain(part 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.