Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You (2383 Views)

El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die / Fashola Failed Lagosians – PDP / Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
It's so funny when you see people that have never stepped foot in lagos criticizing fashola all because they gullibly believe lagos is a no man's land and that PDP is willing to help them acquire that. Where were you cave dwellers when he commissioned the lekki-ikoyi link bridge? Where were you when he went about commissioning several state of the art housing estates? Just 2 days ago, he opened a modern architectural building for the nigerian police. He keeps building and equipping hospitals all across lagos. Eko atlantic is under construction. He has introduced gas usage for homes. Those are the few I can remember and they all where threads that graced the front page. Where were you losers then?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by erinolu(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2014
Walahi, Fash is just busy finding faults with the FGN while Lagos is degenerating.

I will give you just one example....only one gabadia !!!

When Fash went about with the expansion of the Lekki Epe expressway, it was greeted with a lot of optimism to the extent that property business blossomed.

Before the expansion, traffic and road congestion were light and minimal. No tolling and life was better oo

Today.....
The expansion has caused untold traffic and terrible gridlock as a result of the bottlenecked roundabout numbering over 5. No flyover bridges on these roundabout that would have eased congestion. Rather Fash is constructing billboards on the same roundabout. They intentionally made the roundabout big to cause traffic so that you will be forced to go slow trafficked and glue eyes on the billboard.

The expansion causing the traffic is now a security concern with no visible policing

The expansion has now stopped compared to the first tenure. Rather the billboards a Money making venture is ongoing

The expansion now has two tolls to siphon money from a project that was based on tax payers money. Haba Fash

The expansion appeared like a people project, but it's actually a venture for and business avenue for ?

People make una open una eyes!!!!
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by bigass(f): 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Obiagelli:

I think you covered everything already, as for water, the government just completed the biggest water plant in west Africa this water plant will conveniently service 2 states in Nigeria, guess what it can't even cover 40% of Lagosians (population) . Other sectors, i will give him a pass.

Traffic is my greatest worry. Its sad we dont have a good public transport system that can be convenient enough to attract most car owners to drop their cars
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by hugoart(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
All we can do now is vote another APC government and we'll get rewarded.

No to saTANists in Lagos.
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
It's so funny when you see people that have never stepped foot in lagos criticizing fashola all because they gullibly believe lagos is a no man's land and that PDP is willing to help them acquire that. Where were you cave dwellers when he commissioned the lekki-ikoyi link bridge? Where were you when he went about commissioning several state of the art housing estates? Just 2 days ago, he opened a modern architectural building for the nigerian police. He keeps building and equipping hospitals all across lagos. Eko atlantic is under construction. He has introduced gas usage for homes. Those are the few I can remember and they all where threads that graced the front page. Where were you losers then?

really
...do u stay in Lagos
have u been to okota..satellite..ayobo..ejigbo. orisumbare...Okoko..
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by LeStylo: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
he did an interlocking tiles road at igboelerin-agboroko in okokomaiko. The badagry 8-lane expressway which will have a rail line will futher open up okokomaiko, satelite town and ojo which are all off the road currently under construction. As to high rate of tenancy fees, he's not the land lord. Ifako ijaiye has its own share of development especially ogba(wemco road, college road). Stop typing trash from another region especially when there are people on ground to refute your claims. I think you're just trying to malign your Next VP's image.

Thanks for this piece. Unfortunately, many people mistake Lagos for any other typical state where the governor performs wonders in the state capital and get sung to the high heavens. Unfortunately, Lagos is a conurbation, there's no distinction between the capital city and suburbs. Lagos uncontestably remains perhaps the only state where development is spread across all parts of the the state.
The simple test is leave your home and highlight every positive effort of Fashola's govt on your way to your destination. You will be amazed how littles attention we paid to the efforts by the govt.
But then, he still could have done a lot, lot more!
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by vivalavida(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2014
JingoOAU:
The question I always ask people is that if Fashola only perform in his first term, what about all other things he's inaugurating almost everyday

During his second term, he has been able tobuild so many estates under HOMS, new roads are tarred, street lights are being lightened, more schools are being renovated, etc. Unless we wanna say that those projects are bogus, thus non existent.

As far as I know, I stays in ikeja and I know for sure that Fashola has really tried his best in Ikeja. The only problem I have against him is the issue of Omo Onile and all those touts collecting money at the motor parks.

I wish laosians, especially the drivers and conductor would go on strike in Lagos for one week so that Fashola would be forced to banall those useless touts masquerading and constituting nuisance to the general public
Haaaaa!!!
Ban APC foot soldiers in the south-waste?
Never
Re: Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You by isrecole: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2014
Fashola's failure are numerous but I will summarize in few words. Despite the collossal N6.1 TRILLION (Six Trillion Naira) which acrrued to LASG and all the 20 LGAs in Lagos State,less than 20o/o(Twenty percent) of State roads are motorable while 99.8o/o (Ninety nine percent) of LGAs are impassable. Why is this so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Headline of Gen Buhari / Popular Channels TV Host Maupe Ogun In Hot Romance With Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila? / CAN Says It Won’t Accept Polls Result If 20m Displaced Christians Don’t Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.