Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

UBA: They Are At It Again. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA: They Are At It Again. (746 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ex-minister Dalhatu’s Firm, Chicken Republic Owners, Others Owe UBA N9.3bn / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UBA: They Are At It Again. by famous44(f): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2014
I witnessed a very horrific treatment of a customer today in UBA gbagada branch in ifako. I had to send this mail because the lady involved has also maltreated me in that same branch a few months back when I went 2 cash a cheque. Aside from the fact that I was delayed after she said my cheque needed confirmation, even the guy teller I gave my cheque to had pity on me, and had to keep asking her if the cheque has been confirmed because I have been waiting longer than expected. At a point she had to scream at the guy to check mail.

After waiting for more than 2 hours, I decided to walk up to her myself and at least collect my cheque if she won't pay me because I didn't feel she was making any move, she just sat there, head bent, probably chatting on her phone and the next thing I knew she was barking at me that I was disturbing her because of ten thousand naira. (This was actually said in Yoruba). Even if it was five hundred naira, is it not my money? So because I don't have fifty Million you get to rubbish me. (Nonsense) I know what these bankers do, when your account is loaded they tell you yes sir till you nearly die but it’s the other way round if you don't have a fat account. At this point I was furious and had to leave.

My concern now is that because I didn't lay a formal complaint against her, she is still at it. I went to make a deposit today when a customer walked in and accused the same lady that insulted me, of insulting his mother when she came to the bank. The man probably couldn't take it and he came to confront her. I was actually surprised at how she insulted the customer and formed total ignorance of the whole situation, if not for the intervention of the Manager, the customer would have beaten her up which she would have deserved all the same.

We all know UBA is a terrible bank with no regards for customers, and you have gone a step further to employ Boko Haram members as staff. Even if her father owns UBA, you don't just talk to people anyhow you like with total disregard.

Personally, I feel the bank should also conduct psychiatric examination aside the regular medical examination for their staffs before employment so people like her won't end up making life miserable for other customers. Appropriate sanctions had better be taken against this lady before she chases all the customers away.
For me, I have used up my last days as a customer to a great but stupid bank.
Re: UBA: They Are At It Again. by famous44(f): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2014
I saw this on another Nigerian forum site also;

Rudeness at its Peak

I am a customer of the then Standard Bank. I live within the neighbourhood of Gbagada and I have a choice of which bank to trade with as regards proximity and the service I get. I understand UBA is doing more than enough to sensitize their staff members on customer service delivery; for when I visit their offices to do business; I see changes that make me say to myself, “UBA is waking from their slumber” but a few bad eggs like the lady who is the reason for this post will always pull their brand down. I trade with other banks, and I know the extent to which they go to make sure I am delighted in every way. Regardless of how people are dressed when they visit UBA offices to do business, I think UBA should always sing to their staff members that we are the reason they get paid. I have had experiences with other banks, and truth be told, UBA is the worst of them all, without regret upon how I choose to use my words.

When I see on television, how UBA promote the image of their bank, I feel elated because I know someday, the standard bank dream will return. Is this problem with UBA and customers, a thing from the top? Or is it just UBA staff members showing to customers how wild they can be in a corporate environment? They look gorgeous, beautiful and radiant, yet ill-mannered. Courtesy demands that a staff should speak to another staff in a professional way when customers are present. I run a business of my own, and I expect the best practices from my staff members should I want to achieve a good return.

I recall early this year when I visited the Ifako Gbagada branch of UBA to make a deposit. Aside from the fact that the banking hall was small and crowded but the queue was moving and well organized. Even at that, the elderly customers did not stand for long. But, an elderly customer approached a lady who always sits at the extreme end to the right, doing nothing most of the time but making calls or chatting away nonchalantly. I presumed the elderly man needed a special assistance, but it came to me as a shocker, when she ordered the old man back in line which made another man intervene and she finally apologized. “An apology she uttered in a rude manner”. Well, I wasn’t totally disappointed, because those calibres of staff only emerge from the Almighty UBA. And till this day, I barely interact with the female cashiers because of their attitude problem. Don’t forget that “attitude” picking its letters against their number place in the alphabet, yields 100 which is same as 100%. The male counterparts even in their worse behavior still give a good smile. Whenever I step into that branch, and the male cashiers are not on seat, I wait for them to return.

I had to write this mail because of another recent incident that occurred at another UBA branch in Isolo and a branch of Fidelity in Gbagada both in the same week of different days. Although my week was ruined but I will make sure to keep sending mails through appropriate channels until I see that these particular staff members of these two banks are cautioned.

Stepping into my beloved Isolo branch again, I realized her name to be Toyin and discovered that she has not relented in her rude behavior, as she rained insult on another colleague of hers whom I felt was the manager.

However, it is outrageous to see that people are being treated without regard in our banks. Customers are tongue lashed by this same people that are supposed to serve us. Now…I repeat, “Now”…I will take it upon myself to always fish out these terrible staff members, their banks and make sure I do everything in my power to help them change their attitudes.

It is surprising to see male individuals acting well in corporate environments, while most females are ill-mannered. Left for me alone, I would employ more male cashiers, especially in UBA, if they expect their customer service agenda to end with a good and resounding resolution.

(1) (Reply)

Please Is Cement Sold 1k?. / Malaysia Is No Longer Safe For Nigerians / Need 500k For Pharmaceutical Importation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.