Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. (2210 Views)

Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tonight, I plan to sit my teenage boys down on the couch and ask them a pretty awkward question. It’s a question I never thought I’d ask and I’m a little angry that I even need to ask it. What is the question?

Have you seen Kim Kardashian naked?

Why would I ask this?

Because my teenage boys use the Internet. And they’re teenagers. Did I mention that? True, I monitor their history, but it’s getting hard to keep track of all the iPods, iPhones and iPads floating around our house. I’m also smart enough to know that Kim Kardashian’s nude photo shoot is all over the Internet—especially Facebook—and it’s likely they’ve seen all or some of Kim at this point. I’m hoping for the latter, of course.

When I sit down with my boys, these are the five things I hope to share with them after asking the Kim K. question—whether they’ve seen the images or not.

1. You can’t always control what you see, but you can control the second look.
Protect your eyes at all cost. I know you come across a million images every day and you can’t always control what flashes before them, but you can control your gaze. Be discerning and listen to the Holy Spirit. Remember, you have a choice. What you choose to dwell on is in your power. You can choose to go down a path of lust, broken relationships and cheapened intimacy or you can reserve your eyes and your hearts for something much better, for something God designed you for—Purity. Here’s the truth though… You won’t win the battle every day. There’s a good chance you will blow it sometimes. When that happens, pack your bags. Just kidding, I want you to come and talk to me. Seriously, talk to me.

2. It’s OK to appreciate beauty, but never confuse beauty with p0rn.
P0rn is taking something that never belonged to you with your eyes. It cheapens women and it cheapens intimacy. P0rn freely gives away something that was only meant to be experienced between a husband and a wife. I don’t mind if you appreciate beauty, God wired you that way, but don’t take that step from appreciation to objectification. For the record, any nud!ty counts.

3. Treat women as sisters and mothers.
The Apostle Paul sat down with a young church leader once and gave him this advice - treat older women as mothers and younger women as sisters. That advice still stands. There’s only one woman’s body you should look at nakked—and enjoy—and that’s your wife’s. Kim K. is old enough to be your mother. If you saw your mother in pictures like this, what would you do? Please say, “Look away.” That’s the right answer. That’s always the right answer.

4. Your heart is at stake.
The images and thoughts you put into your mind will have a direct impact on your heart. We’re called to protect our hearts–not just as an afterthought, but above all else. Why? Because it’s the wellspring of life (Proverbs 4:23). What you see matters because it changes who you are and who you’ll become. God wants you to grow in purity so that when the time comes you’ll be capable of intimacy, love and passion the way God intended. When you look at p0rn it has consequences. God’s grace covers our sins, for sure, but we still live with the consequences of our actions. Don’t forget that. Also, masturbation will make you blind. OK, that was a joke. Or was it?

5. In our house, we love and respect women. Period.
The world wants to use women and throw them away like objects. As disciples, we’re called to be a part of God’s great plan of redemption. When we love, protect and empower women to be who God wants them to be we’re partnering with God in his great act of re-creating the world in heaven’s ways. When we demean women and treat them as objects, we’re working for the wrong team. Don’t work for the wrong team, please.

Also, one more thing: God made our bodies and God made sex. Both are pretty awesome. Don’t for a second think they’re not, but God designed sex for marriage not for the Internet.

Any questions?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by hummerwise(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hmmmm, gud 1
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by PastorYungwizzy: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
see this man

your son could be the guy that just comment above lol grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nice, train up a child in the way he should go...
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by bukatyne(f): 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
Beautiful one @ OP

May God crown all our efforts on our kids
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by braine(m): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
PastorYungwizzy:
see this man

your son could be the guy that just comment above lol grin grin grin

cheesy
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by ochallo: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
This post would have been so meaningful if the op actually had teenage sons.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Djtm(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
"Be careful little eyes what you see. it's the second glance that ties your hands while darkness pulls the string." - Casting Crowns.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Exjoker(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
Not a bad advice, that is why you are call Dad.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good one.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Holywizard: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
U beta buy vaseline 4 them as well
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by destante(f): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
I am in love with this smiley
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by smokescreen4: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nice one, may God bless your home.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Rhukie(f): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
good write up
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2014
Great One Sir am sharing it o
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2014
nice! saving it for future use smiley
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by sunday478(m): 9:30am On Nov 20, 2014
Nice one sir, we no longer see you in the webmaster section
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 20, 2014
Lol, you are good dad. Kim K is one trifling no talent having slag - a mum should never do that, though the darn thing is a robotic eye candy.

And also make sure you tell them the Kardashians also said they're are the only KKK (Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney) that gave black men a pass. So they can know how disrespectful they are to black men and black history.

Anyway, they can watch K. Michelle's video though. Darn! Her body is crazy lol!
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by afamgod(f): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Very nice. Just wish all these old men with little boy's brain could read this and learn.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by kandiikane(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
I am absolutely certain in heterosexual and gay po.rn, there are men in there too. Just saying, unless from your mentality, men cannot be cheap.
Anyhow, carry go!
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by YourCoffin: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
@OP, you and I know it's just a waste of time. Words don't move boys. Actions do. Just show him the proper way to mas.tur.bate without vaseline. Vaseline makes the kini black.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
I wish I red this last night .

I wouldn't have.....don dat solo sexx last night.
Re: Five Things I Plan To Tell My Teenage Sons About The Nakked Pictures Of Kim K. by yawe1: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Biggest: The Lagos International Food And Drinks Festival Holds / Will You Allow Your Grandma To Breastfeed Your Daughter / Final Warning To Users Of 12.5kg Camp Gas Cylinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.