Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (64657 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. / Effects Of Bathing With Hot/warm Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by VocalWalls: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
Segirl18:

Lol. Na wa 4 dat ur sponge o, Ur body go don get plenty scratch be that nw.

Lol

Funny enough, I have a skin which is as fresh as a baby's.

I guess I've gotten used to it over time, now, not scrubbing or soft scrubbing is abnormal, and I sweat easily if I don't scrub.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by dotcomnamename: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
Rhozabeth:

You obviously don't know some of the things we go thru after bathing with sponge! The itching is simply crazy!

[size=20pt]You obviously don't realise that the reason why you're itching is because you've been bathing without sponge but only with soft cloth or not at all, while your body dirty stick to your body until the dirty are forced by hard sponge to remove them. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by zappyj(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
I use a sponge once a month and with serious sugar scrubs.

It's nt safe to scrub everyday.. anyway to each skin it's own.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by solaniyi86(m): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
I don't bath with sponge everyday, because I don't find it convinent. I use sponge just once or twice a week.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by generalunstoppa(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
[quote author=Jennydoris post=28201041]I don't use sponge at all. Any day I will try that I will end up giving myself a scratch for like 10 minutes after leaving the bathroom because my whole body will be itching. So I make use of soft cloth. I tot I was alone in this... I experience horrible itchin weneva I bath wt sponge n for lk 4years nw, v stoppd bathin wt sponge
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by akatonero(m): 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
Stupid question
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Fabdedon(m): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
BellaBambina:

It's Eczema not enzyma.
noted thanks plenty
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Htown64(m): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't use sponge at all. Any day I will try that I will end up giving myself a scratch for like 10 minutes after leaving the bathroom because my whole body will be itching. So I make use of soft cloth.
same boat with you..... I dare not use it else i will scratch till I bleed.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by thaoriginator: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
Na wetin make most nairaland gehs toto dey smell be that! Always forming whytee or celebrity.. Scrub that pusssy up bitches!

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Htown64(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
dotcomnamename:

[size=20pt]You obviously don't realise that the reason why you're itching is because you've been bathing without sponge but only with soft cloth or not at all, while your body dirty stick to your body until the dirty are forced by hard sponge to remove them. [/size]
I disagree with you on this because you need to experience it to know what we pass through daily if we use sponge.

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by chiderablaze(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
if I bath,I must use a sponge...kinda wonder y I dnt scrub in d pool too....
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by melotreaah(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
[b][/b]To be sincere using sponge in africa is very necessary if you don't want to look like a witch, but abroad we do hear that they don't normally use sponge. As for me, at least i use sponge like 3 times a week.

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by melotreaah(m): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
Binchie:
Same with me
]To be sincere using sponge in africa is very necessary if you don't want to look like a witch, but abroad we do hear that they don't normally use sponge. As for me, at least i use sponge like 3 times a week.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Geenickel(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
pictures of sum one takn his bath..plss...

to mk ds thread more factual.....
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by agrovick(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
missberrypop5:
I bath with sponge, everyday. Any day i don't use sponge i feel like i'm dirty or smelling.
chisos! u wey no dey baff dey follow contribute for dis discussion
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Morning : With Sponge.
Night: Without Sponge.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
I'm the only guy that uses sponge in my house.. My other housemates (tho Canadians) just use soap and wash it off.. embarassed
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Fabdedon:
noted thanks plenty
smiley you re most welcome

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
I use a combination of iron sponge and sand paper cool
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
VocalWalls:

Lol

Funny enough, I have a skin which is as fresh as a baby's.

I guess I've gotten used to it over time, now, not scrubbing or soft scrubbing is abnormal, and I sweat easily if I don't scrub.

lol....ok....
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Clemzy16(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
sophy09:
Using sponge is like exfoliating your skin. You do not need to use sponge all the time. You may use a towel or body scrub. Some decide to use body sugar as a scrub. For a place like Nigeria, it is better you exfoliate because of the heat. Sweat pile on your skin and it turns to dirt. Using soap does remove the growing dirt on the body.
Please could you explain better about this Exfoliation. What are the best possible cream one could use to rekindle the facial skin to make it smooth and spotless?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by bigemmmybig(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't use sponge at all. Any day I will try that I will end up giving myself a scratch for like 10 minutes after leaving the bathroom because my whole body will be itching. So I make use of soft cloth.

Ur very correct ooo...n d worst part b say d itching no dey pity person at all. Instead of bathin n feeling refreshed, after bath na vex....got to a point I nearly vex wit God sef...chaiiiii
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by bigemmmybig(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Guy free us na...I hav been bathin with sponge ryt frm wen I was a kid...serious scrubing n all dat but just one day...just one day... A day I won't forget. After bathin wit sponge came d itching. It felt like death d first time but over 11years I discovad dat witout sponge d itch reduces, omor na d way bdat oooooo......

U won't just understand except dos dat hav experienced dis shi.t
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
The whites may not use sponge as they hardly sweat...its always cold here. But in place of sponge they use a foam-like sponge which is mild. But you guys need to see the temperature of water they use...its usually almost 100°C. So if you in Nigeria won't use sponge, I hope you would be able to give yourself a very hot bath...Up NEPA!
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Tokunbohkinibig: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
Jennydoris:

Thank God I am not alone. I have always thought I was d only one having this issue.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by VocalWalls: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Segirl18:

lol....ok....

Why not get them a wheelchair instead ?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Infomizer(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
I'm normal after all. It's soaps for me..I use sponges too once in a while, but not everyday.

1 Like

Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by vicchi12(f): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Fabdedon:
hmm should i say in Nigeria u need scrubbing if possible with scrubing brush... Cos d germs are responsible for causing eczema.. So just rubbing d body with soap and rinsing off wount do d job....
My cos told me he doesnt use sponge and ah was like what d Fvck....he was like if i do dat i get rashes and it even cause im itching...hmmm
. Some its even cos of pimples... Its believed scrubing d face would act like makin d pimples surface..

Germs don't cause eczema. Thank me later. It's non contagious as well.. Educate yourself wink
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Jennydoris(f): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
koolg:

I can perceive the odor already

Yes. The odour don enter Guinness book of record. Do you have any other thing to say?
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by caprini1: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
I got a fuller and thicker sponge ,when I bought a white car ,and didn't wash it for 2 days parked in same spot.the kind of residues I saw on d car before I washed it scared me so much,dusts,exhaust fumes ,that I wondered what my body comes in contact everyday.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by Jennydoris(f): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigemmmybig:

Ur very correct ooo...n d worst part b say d itching no dey pity person at all. Instead of bathin n feeling refreshed, after bath na vex....got to a point I nearly vex wit God sef...chaiiiii

Seriously the thing is so irritating. When I started noticing it, I thought maybe I have skin infection or any of such issues until my mum advised me to visit the hospital but due to the urgency to ascertain what is wrong I quickly went to a nearby pharmacy and met with the doctor there. I explained things to her and she said that from what I said that it's no infection but that I have a very sensitive skin. She told me to stop using any medicated or antiseptic soap. That I should use toilet soap that has less perfume content and mild perfume and body spray too. She said that some body spray and perfume have some strong chemicals in them. She gave me a list of soap like fade soap, any baby soap and rapid white or any other soap that is mild and that has less perfume content. And my cream should be mild too. And then using of hot water for bathe and soft cloth in place of sponge. To also confirm what she said I have to make series of research from Google and it gave me the same thing the doctor said and then I stick to it till today. And seriously for like sometime now I have not experienced itching except on a day or two that I will like to exfoliate my skin using sponge. But I do the exfoliation on Saturdays when I no that am staying @home to avoid anything spoiling my day. It's all bout knowing your skin. For some of you that is saying they can perceive the odour don't worry yourselves.. Its my body anyway and am not complaining. If I have a body odour my mum will be the first to tell me. She is my mirror at home and before going out.

If you have not experienced body itching after bathe... You will definitely not understand what am saying. During those days sometimes I feel like cutting off some part of my body that is itching sad, sometimes I cry in silence... chai... itching after bathe I swear for u.
Re: Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. by aloziedaya(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
...you said in movies...yes, just like western world driving white cars for weeks without going to car wash because their environment is clean. Here, white cars are forbidden because our environment is so dirty and dusty. Guy better use sponge before you develop cro...cro. The weather is hatch here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AKA‘s Fiancée, Nelli Tembe Commits Suicide, Jumps Off A Skyscraper / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / How Do I Cure This Pile, Please Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.