Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

IK Uches Is Overrated - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / IK Uches Is Overrated (3111 Views)

IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi / Is Victor Moses Overrated? / Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Two hours before the kick off Nigeria match against SA I told a friend of mine that I want Keshi to pair Aaron and Emenike in attack with Sone Aluko and Ahmed Musa on both wings in a 4 4 2 formation while IK Uche starts from the bench. My friend said that it is a taboo to start our most inform and clinical striker on the bench, I have always said it that IK Uche is overrated and I'm sure many Nigerians who think he is the best thing after slice bread will have a re-think after today's match.
Aaron offered more to the team in less than 20mins than Uche did in 90mins, funny enough our best chances all evening fell to his boots begging to be converted.
IK Uche is average, overhyphed and overrated.

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by Donpoker9(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
ur fada

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by Greatihex(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
U sabi. No mind those ones wey dy overhype am.

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Donpoker9:
ur fada
kiddo
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by udemzyudex(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
funny thread...seeking for attention i guess

3 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
udemzyudex:
funny thread...seeking for attention i guess
Seeking attention ? Nah far from it
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by kliq(m): 5:14am On Nov 20, 2014
Seconded
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by cocoduck: 5:20am On Nov 20, 2014
when keshi said uche is not a team player, people wanted to crucify him, now uche has laid himself bare for all to see. very selfish, lazy and unpatriotic, his body is there but his mind is in Spain.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by 12large1: 6:39am On Nov 20, 2014
how many chances did we create for him abeg we need to find a number 10 asap like foreal how can mikel still be our number 10 a country like Nigeria and its population yet we cant find a number 10

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by M4gunners: 6:59am On Nov 20, 2014
12large1:
how many chances did we create for him abeg we need to find a number 10 asap like foreal how can mikel still be our number 10 a country like Nigeria and its population yet we cant find a number 10
I hope you are not trying to blame Mikel on our lost yesterday?because he was the best player on pitch yesterday.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by englishmart(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2014
The super eagles are overrated

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by 12large1: 7:04am On Nov 20, 2014
he wasn't our best player yesterday, aluko was but I am not trying to blame him I am just saying that obi is not a number 10 that a country should be using. we need a really really creative midfilder, obi is a cm
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2014
He isnt overrated, chances were nt created for him.
Even he was a bit selfish, i dont blame him, players didnt get into positions for him to make a pass, thats how its done in spain, you cant be passing the ball cluelessly.

Thats why there was a strong connection between him and Aluko.
Aluko was tactically brilliant to partner with Uche

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by cocoduck: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:
The super eagles are overrated
your dad's left testicle is over rated

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by DeeMain(m): 9:02am On Nov 20, 2014
Uche's talent glowed in this match pls. His ball control was sublime. He held the ball well, dribbled, twisted and turned well in a parked 18, his link-up play was good. For the goal, he created space for himself and hit the bar and Aluko scored the rebound. Yea, there were some mistakes but who says we need a saint or Mr Perfect? We need good players and Uche is one hell of a good player! Apart from Aluko, there was no better player than Uche on that pitch yesterday. Coach Keshi, not calling him up, and some other in form players was a huge mistake and in bad taste. Naija fans were right.

So put your blame where it should be: Keshi + GEJ!

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2014
12large1:
The SA striker needed just three chances to score two goals, Uche had more than enough chances to score even a goal.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by nickxtra(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Leave IK Uche out of this mess that is called Super Eagles. Don't forget that he has not played with these players for over a year. So he needs time to blend properly.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2014
DeeMain:
Uche's talent glowed in this match pls. His ball control was sublime. He held the ball well, dribbled, twisted and turned well in a parked 18, his link-up play was good. For the goal, he created space for himself and hit the bar and Aluko scored the rebound. Yea, there were some mistakes but who says we need a saint or Mr Perfect? We need good players and Uche is one hell of a good player! Apart from Aluko, there was no better player than Uche on that pitch yesterday. Coach Keshi, not calling him up, and some other in form players was a huge mistake and in bad taste. Naija fans were right.

So put your blame where it should be: Keshi + GEJ!
Even in the match against Congo Uche played badly with the penalty he scored his only positive contribution, twisting and dribbling doesnt make one a good player, if in doubt ask Dennilson of Brazil.
The mere fact that Uche is rated €2.5m shows he is a mediocre player.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 9:36am On Nov 20, 2014
nickxtra:
Leave IK Uche out of this mess that is called Super Eagles. Don't forget that he has not played with these players for over a year. So he needs time to blend properly.
Sone Aluko has also not played, Aaron Samuel played in three matches and scored two goals from open play while Uche could only manage a penalty in two matches.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2014
M4gunners:
I hope you are not trying to blame Mikel on our lost yesterday?because he was the best player on pitch yesterday.
Mikel our best player?
Certainly joke of the century.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by DeeMain(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2014
chucky234:
Even in the match against Congo Uche played badly with the penalty he scored his only positive contribution, twisting and dribbling doesnt make one a good player, if in doubt ask Dennilson of Brazil.
The mere fact that Uche is rated €2.5m shows he is a mediocre player.

Read my writeup slowly so you can understand me fully before responding.
Who said only twisting and turning makes a good player.

With a frontline of Emenike (off form) and Musa (bad day), Uche did well bruv. He was the best forward on the day.

Well, your opinion. Good day.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2014
DeeMain:

Read my writeup slowly so you can understand me fully before responding.
Who said only twisting and turning makes a good player.

With a frontline of Emenike (off form) and Musa (bad day), Uche did well bruv. He was the best forward on the day.

Well, your opinion. Good day.
Uche seemed uninterested, certainly the worst of the three forwards.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by robosky02(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2014
a good coach should place a player in his strongest position

Ik uche is a poncher he would have been better he comes from the middle or right

emenike has no business in that game cos he too play from middle yet keshi pushed him to the right

and ahmed that is used to the right on the night was played from the middle

dont blame the uche guy. if you don know how to place a player check the role heplays for his club.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2014
robosky02:

a good coach should place a player in his strongest position

Ik uche is a poncher he would have been better he comes from the middle or right

emenike has no business in that game cos he too play from middle yet keshi pushed him to the right

and ahmed that is used to the right on the night was played from the middle

dont blame the uche guy. if you don know how to place a player check the role heplays for his club.

Hahahaha Uche played out of position?
I give up
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by englishmart(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
cocoduck:

your dad's left testicle is over rated
people who insult other people's parents have no respect/regards for their own parent. It takes grace for you to insult someone's parent and don't get yours insulted in return.

I won't insult your parent. Have q nice day

2 Likes

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by debo07(m): 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
IK uche was called to d team wen evry tin was almost damaged but he really tried his best and we all saw it.And u talked of Emenike starting ahead of IK Uche.it shows u only created dis thread just for attention.You av no idea wot so ever.You are Just as clueless as Keshi and GEJ dat imposed him.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by kannymoore(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
@ chucky234..

What exactly does the word "OVER-RATED" mean to you and what exactly is its co-relation with Uche?

Do you know that after yekini, odegbami, ayegbeni and martins, Uche comes next in the highest ever goals ratio in the super eagles?
Apart from yekini and Ayegbeni, can you name any other nigerian player who has scored 100 career goals in any european league apart from Uche?

Again, I ask, what exactly do u mean by "Uche is overrated" cos he's delivered for club and country consistently. Afterall, in the last two games, he's had a goal and an assist to his name. Now if that isn't a positive statistic then I'm pretty sorry to admit that you have a very poor knowledge of nigerian football.

Have a good day bro.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
kannymoore:
@ chucky234..

What exactly does the word "OVER-RATED" mean to you and what exactly is its co-relation with Uche?

Do you know that after yekini, odegbami, ayegbeni and martins, Uche comes next in the highest ever goals ratio in the super eagles?
Apart from yekini and Ayegbeni, can you name any other nigerian player who has scored 100 career goals in any european league apart from Uche?

Again, I ask, what exactly do u mean by "Uche is overrated" cos he's delivered for club and country consistently. Afterall, in the last two games, he's had a goal and an assist to his name. Now if that isn't a positive statistic then I'm pretty sorry to admit that you have a very poor knowledge of nigerian football.

Have a good day bro.
yeah, uche is a bit world class,
last qualifiers in 2012, he was called and delivered, then he was dumped.

1 Like

Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by nickxtra(m): 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
chucky234:
Sone Aluko has also not played, Aaron Samuel played in three matches and scored two goals from open play while Uche could only manage a penalty in two matches.
Don't forget he is playing under and in the presence of a coach who wastes no time in telling the world that Uche is not good. So, the young lad may want to play exactly what the coach wants him to do and not to do it impressively, in his own way to avoid the Coach's backlashing.
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by realestworld(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
chucky234 post: Uche seemed uninterested, certainly the worst of the three forwards.
i guess u dont like him.. coz i fi could remember vividly musa was d 1 who missed 2 clear chances in d 1st half. d person whom ur critisizing created d chance 4 d 1st goal from a rebounce so i dont tink hes d worst but musa
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by Noah13: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Musa was the sugar cane seller that forgot how to chip a ball twice - who does that?
Re: IK Uches Is Overrated by chucky234(m): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
realestworld:

i guess u dont like him.. coz i fi could remember vividly musa was d 1 who missed 2 clear chances in d 1st half. d person whom ur critisizing created d chance 4 d 1st goal from a rebounce so i dont tink hes d worst but musa
Musa missed two clear chances but also drew two solid saves from the SA keeper.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What AS Roma Tweets About Super Eagle (photo) / Super Eagles Provisional World Cup List Out / Info On Rollerblade Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.