Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

Any Wordpress Expert Here? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Wordpress Expert Here? (1026 Views)

Any Wordpress Master Here? Pls Help / I Need A Web Design And Development Geek, Wordpress Expert / Request Any Wordpress Theme,joomla Themes,php Scripts And Code Canyon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Wordpress Expert Here? by EMZYSMS: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
Can anyone suggest anyway to remove sidebar from the mobile view or version of any WordPress theme? The sidebar is cool on system view but not attractive when it appears towards the footer on mobile. Any suggestions?
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by bigl: 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Log into ur wp admin area and go to the widget area. Remove any widget u don't need by dragging it/them away from the sidebar!

That would fix it.

If u need additional help add me up on bbm 29926927 or drop ur whatsapp no and I'll holla at u.

Check this site I did with wordpress.
Samoremphotography.com

No side bar wahala except on the pages I want it to show!
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by maekhel(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
bigl:
Log into ur wp admin area and go to the widget area. Remove any widget u don't need by dragging it/them away from the sidebar!

That would fix it.

If u need additional help add me up on bbm 28393BBB or drop ur whatsapp no and I'll holla at u.

Check this site I did with wordpress.
Samoremphotography.com

No side bar wahala except on the pages I want it to show!
ur solution will remove sidebar (widgets) from d site entirely. wat d OP want is to remove sidebar when d site is viewed on mobile devices.
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by maekhel(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
EMZYSMS:
Can anyone suggest anyway to remove sidebar from the mobile view or version of any WordPress theme? The sidebar is cool on system view but not attractive when it appears towards the footer on mobile. Any suggestions?
u can use media queries to accomplish it, jst hide d sidebar from mobile devices like dis:
@media screen and (max-width : 320px ){
#sidebar {
display: none;
}
}
Hope this helps.
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by miracle4(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2014
maekhel:

u can use media queries to accomplish it, jst hide d sidebar from mobile devices like dis:
#sidebar {
}
}
Hope this helps.
or even use a separate mobile template like I did on 3ptechies.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by maekhel(m): 8:22am On Nov 20, 2014
miracle4:
or even use a separate mobile template like I did on 3ptechies.com
yea, dats anoda option

1 Like

Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by hilaryiwens05: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2014
where will i add this
maekhel:

#sidebar {
}
}
Hope this helps.
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by miracle4(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2014
hilaryiwens05:
where will i add this
your current styles.css file.

remember to add !important a space after the none
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by maekhel(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2014
miracle4:

tanks fr d response, was offline.

1 Like

Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by hilaryiwens05: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2014
okk.. tanks...can u post the complete code with d !important for others who are not inclined in coding works
miracle4:

Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by maekhel(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2014
hilaryiwens05:
okk.. tanks...can u post the complete code with d !important for others who are not inclined in coding works
#sidebar {
display: none !important;
}
}

2 Likes

Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by oskaaay(m): 3:53am On Nov 21, 2014
EMZYSMS:

I humbly advise you to save your head of future stress by avoiding tampering with your source code. get a dynamic theme that breaks down well also on mobile view or a seperate theme like Caringthon, Mobile press etc. to handle you mobile version......

Please: Vote A Fellow Nairalander To Become A Celeebrity In The Ongoing Sm Award via https://www.nairaland.com/2007783/please-vote-fellow-nairalander-celeebrity
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by romme2u: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
just do what oskaaay said. if u did not develop the theme, don't tamper with it else when the theme is updated, your modification (hack) will be lost (overwritten).

just look for a responsive theme that degrades well on mobile view or smaller screen.
Re: Any Wordpress Expert Here? by EMZYSMS: 5:50am On Nov 25, 2014
Hey, for all who might not know much about coding, you can use the 'DYNAMIC WIDGET' plugin if you have a WordPress site. This plugin can help you control where, who and how a widget appears. You can select under device, you will see 'show on all devices, except?' Then you tick mobile and you are good to go. Please NOTE: ensure you have the sidebar active and you have something (text, posts or anything) place on the sidebar before it can work. Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

PAYPAL Release Full Paypal Features To Nigerian Paypal Users / Need Your Advice Before I Go To Court / For The Webmaster Of Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.