Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i (4688 Views)

Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ / Protesters Block EFCC Office, Want Lamorde Sacked / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Misterpaul(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
Earlier today Wednesday 19th of November some APC protesters led by governor Rotimi Amaechi blocked the main entrance of the Nigerian Police Force Headquarters. Below is the detail of the news which was posted on NPF website.

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Suleiman
Abba, CFR NPM, NPOM, mni, hereby advices political
leaders to take their campaigns to the electorate,
rather than engage in disruption of government
activities and daily chores of Nigerians engaged in the
pursuit of their lawful businesses.
The IGP further urges members of the political class
and their followers who have grievances to seek
redress in the court of law, rather than disturb the
peace of innocent, law abiding citizens.
These admonitions are the fallout of an ugly event
today, Wednesday November 19, 2014 when some
Politicians led by the National Chairman of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) and Governor, Rotimi
Amaechi, barricaded the Entrance Gates of the Nigeria
Police Force Headquarters, Abuja.
The incident though provocative and uncivilised, ended
without any confrontation as the Police exhibited
maximum restraint in the face of ceaseless
provocation by these leaders and their motley crowd.
Ag.CP EMMANUEL OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA.

picture1: Blockage of the entrance of the Force
Headquarterstoday.

picture2; GovernorRotimi Amaechi at the blockage of the Force Headquarters entrance.

picture3; A section of the crowd led by some Politicians to barricadeentrance of the Force Headquarters.

www.npf.gov.ng/news/view-news?id=371#.VGzJLvnF-Yo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by PhockPhockMan: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Amaechi looks so frustrated in the picture.
What is he drinking, pepsi or coke?

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Gh0stFreak: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by mrvitalis(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
f
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Gbawe: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

You are here again in your villager ignorance against Ameachi as you disgraced yourself over Buhari's suit and overcoat ? Amaechi is drinking Red Bull energy drink. I suppose they don't sell Red Bull in the Village so we cannot blame you for not knowing what the drink is.

13 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by holatin(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
later
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by quinnboy: 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
G
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by ruffhandu: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
The news excluded the reason for this "uncivilised" act. Why did Amaechi and his team do this? Until I get an answer.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Mogidi: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Amaechi has no work to do in Rivers State abi?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Amaechi needs to get his brain checked ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Pavarottii(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Its funny that APC does not seem to have a party platform. For a party that claims to be revolutionary and progressive the only thing I ever here from them is Jonathan this, Jonathan that... We are 2 and a half months away from elections and I have no idea what this party and her presidential candidates stand for.

I mean what is their opinion on the local content policy in the oil and gas sector? Do they think it should be implemented in other sectors of the economy?

what is their stance on the PIB Bill? (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

What do they think about the governments auto policy and its implementation?

what do they think about Jonathans agricultural agenda?

Do they think Nigeria is practicing true federalism? Do they think improvements can be made in its implementation?

What steps are they going to take to curb corruption?

What is the their stance on Nigeria's decision to refuse to sign the EU EPA agreement? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!)

Do they support resource control?

How do they intend to put a stop to Boko harams activities and bring peace to the North? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

How do they intend to solve our power problem?

Do they agree with Jonathan's privatization of PHCN?

What do they think of the federal governments plans to privatize the airports?

How do they plan to diversify the economy?

Are they pro big government or small government?

Do they agree with the federal governments plans to privatize various sectors of the economy?

What do they think about the current state of Nigeria's foreign policy?

How do they intend to put a stop to Gas pipeline Vandalism in the country? (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

What is their thoughts on the Chinese and their growing footprint in Nigeria?

Do they support the federal governments decision to give so many contracts worth billions of dollars to the CHINESE?

They are still more questions the opposition need to answer!
Cc: DAVITOGREAT

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Cannonleo(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
Pavarottii:
Its funny that APC does not seem to have a party platform. For a party that claims to be revolutionary and progressive the only thing I ever here from them is Jonathan this, Jonathan that... We are 2 and a half months away from elections and I have no idea what this party and her presidential candidates stand for.

I mean what is their opinion on the local content policy in the oil and gas sector? Do they think it should be implemented in other sectors of the economy?

Do they think Nigeria is practicing true federalism? Do they think improvements can be made in its implementation?

What is the their stance on Nigeria's decision to refuse to sign the EU EPA agreement? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!)

How do they intend to put a stop to Boko harams activities and bring peace to the North? (VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

Do they agree with the federal governments plans to privatize various sectors of the economy?

How do they intend to put a stop to Gas pipeline Vandalism in the country? (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)

Do they support the federal governments decision to give so many contracts worth billions of dollars to the CHINESE?

More
More
More this is more like it

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
ruffhandu:
The news excluded the reason for this "uncivilised" act. Why did Amaechi and his team do this? Until I get an answer.
Whatever the reason is is stupid. Why not take your grievances to the court instead of block the entrance to the police headquarters at a time like this. The blockade could easily be infiltrated by dangerous folks and the police headquarters become open to attack.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
We need MORE of this ..so as to strengthen our sociopolitical structures......
We are gradually coming to the era whereby protests will count.. Just like the ones we have in USA...EGYPT...and UKRAINE..
A protest that will be devoid of TRIBAL sentiments...
THANK. u...
Amaechi...
Thank u...
Dino...
Thank u...
Ezekwesili..
Long live GEJ....

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by tonysoul(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hmmmm... super governor ... He without sin should cast the first stone..

pedigree German shepherd puppies
urgent sale .... 3 female 1 male ...

Uyo Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by GBTYO: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Rather than remain in his state and concentrate in his primary assignment, amaechi boarded a jet on rivers state expense to abuja, sponsored a couple of touts and decided to block the police hq

Is this man normal?

Is this not an abuse of his office and the immunity it offers?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by PhockPhockMan: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
APC is congregation of thugs.

12 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Chylo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
Pavarottii:

Am sure you have never taken time out to read APC's manifesto. Because it answers all your questions and many more. Here it is:

http://www.allprogressivescongress.org/manifesto/

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by nwafuluozoh: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
My grouse is that they should have beaten him wella.
. Jobless governor. All the roads in port Harcourt have become death traps and he's using the state's allocation to fund APC.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by GBTYO: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Amaechi is desperate to have buhari pick him as vp and all this tantrums are meant to get notice and publicity

He should have gone to barricade the military headquater

Does guys would have opened fire on these bokos without hessitation

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by ibdeals1(m): 12:57am On Nov 20, 2014
ok undecided
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:05am On Nov 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Red Bull to get artificial energy.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by eightsin(m): 5:56am On Nov 20, 2014
shocked
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by oakaz: 5:58am On Nov 20, 2014
What is the problem with the APC people? They are not organised.
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by arewafederation: 6:10am On Nov 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Bushbushman, that is what we call REDBULL undecided

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by cooljude(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Civil disobedience. How would this action improve Nigeria, why are they protesting.
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by asamaigho(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2014
GBTYO:
Rather than remain in his state and concentrate in his primary assignment, amaechi boarded a jet on rivers state expense to abuja, sponsored a couple of touts and decided to block the police hq

Is this man normal?

Is this not an abuse of his office and the immunity it offers?

r from d moon? river state as well as most apc states were disenfranchised by inec on the ongoing pvc distribution,which means large chunk of rivers indigenes who registered wont b voting,and u expect him to relax in his a/c tite brick house and watch his people shortchange by inec and pdps' magomago abi,no wonda wit ur likes d country wont progress......try go cure ur myopia before u type trash.
Re: Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2014
Chylo:

Am sure you have never taken time out to read APC's manifesto. Because it answers all your questions and many more. Here it is:

http://www.allprogressivescongress.org/manifesto/
God bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Formidable Parties To Emerge In 2017 – Obasanjo / Ipob Ready To Negotiate With FG - "Nnamdi Kanu / Ipobexposed Replied By CNN photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.