Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha (867 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Super Eagles Lack Creative Midfielders - Jay Jay Okocha / Okocha Named Among Fifa’s World Best Midfielders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by coded01: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
African football legend, Austin Jay Jay Okocha has given the greatest hints that he may soon bounce back to the sport that brought him fame and fortune to help in discovering young creative midfielders.
Okocha whose magical displays gladdened many souls has decried the lack of creative midfielders as presently obtained in the Super Eagles and promised to offer his wealth of experience to the nation in discovering such talents “when the time is right”.

Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha,
The ex Super Eagles captain who is an Ambassador to Western Union as a way to help vulnerable children get the education they deserve, however, said that he would wait until such a time that Nigerian football administration is “clean” before he ventures into discovering gifted players in mould.
“It’s a gradual thing. I hope you know that I am the Vice Chairman of Delta State Football Association”, he reminded the Reporter stressing that by the virtue of the Chairman’s election as President of Nigeria Football Federation(Pinnick), he now assumes the responsibility of running the sport.
“It’s a gradual process. For now, I’m working in the state until such a time that I’ll step up into the national scene”, he volunteered.
With his now famous toothpaste smile, Okocha who played for a catalogue of teams like Borussia Neunkirchen, Eintracht Frankfurt, Bolton Wanderers, Fernabache, Paris St Germain refused to entertain questions on the national team and coach Stephen Keshi but preferred to focus on his Ambassadorial works with Wester Union on the PASS-project that has supported UNICEF secondary education programmes in Jamaica, Nigeria and Turkey.
“It’s a laudable programme that has opened the window of opportunities for young people around the world into support for access for quality education. One needs to help the younger ones carve a niche in education. That is a sure way of producing better youths who indeed will be leaders of tomorrow”.
The midfield maestro whose dribbles and sublime passes and free kicks set apart as a genius confessed that life outside the game has not been that easy.
“Initially, it’s like a fish out of water situation. But one has integrated well”.
However, if there is one thing that Okocha would not find a solution to is the massive fans who still flock around him.
“It’s amazing”, he said and has cut out certain areas as no-go areas. “There are so many ares that as a matter of fact that I cannot go to because of the massive scramble of fans”.
And how rich is the former mercurial player? He smiled and said “I’m good like every other person”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/dont-creative-midfielders-okocha/

Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by Edwinmason(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
Story
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by coded01: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
Okocha! Kai! see where you left us oh! embarassed

Gone were the days, this won't happen... angry

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
who cares rubbish. na now then no say no creative midfielder. the worst supper eagles set we ever got in Nigeria
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by Lordabas: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
We get Iheanacho Keshi say him be small boy

We get Sone Aluko keshi say him no sabi play 'African football'

Thunder fire Keshi angry
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by ezeonline2(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
With this result arising from the sitting president's decision in interfering in football matters, which he has no clue about, it brings me to wonder about his other decisions in running Nigeria.
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by pring: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
A team and country that depend on fasting, prayers and good luck to succeed instead of hard work is a failure.
Ask great footballers and great economy's of this world.
its only in Nigeria. 
A coach tells a country to fast n pray. 
A president tells a country to fast and pray.
Only in Nigeria.
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
pring:
A team and country that depend on fasting, prayers and good luck to succeed instead of hard work is a failure.
Ask great footballers and great economy's of this world.
its only in Nigeria. 
A coach tells a country to fast n pray. 
A president tells a country to fast and pray.
Only in Nigeria.

My thought exactly
As if its only them that pray and whose prayers are answered
Re: We Don’t Have Creative Midfielders – Okocha by SirHouloo(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
I think Man U once brought back Paul Scholes from retirement now, Okocha, U still dey come back o....

(1) (Reply)

Exposed! - Hiding Reason Why Ronaldo Did Not Shake Uefa President Michel Platini / Asamoah Gyan Is Africa's Current Best Footballer / Who Says BEAUTIFUL GIRLS Don’t Play Football?...check Out 20yr Old Courtney Dike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.