Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) (902 Views)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Fear Of Stone-throwers Forces Kwara Governor To Cancel Independence Day - S.R / Police Detail How Bukola Saraki Used Credit Card To Launder Stolen Funds - S.R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by toluk: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
I am pleasantly surprised as the Nigeria media gives Ekiti State frontline cover. But close to a year now, the judiciary in Rivers is under lock-and-key; most lawyers in private practice there can no longer pay their bills - rent, children's school fees, etc, some are relocating and others are in hospital suffering various illnesses originating from social-condition-dislocation - hypertension, stroke, etc. Yet, that terrible condition is not the news to the Nigerian press, much more frontline cover because the character behind the horrible state of affairs is APC.

You may never know, but it appears most of the western medias have been bought over by APC. Ray Power, AIT, The Punch, This Day, Sahara Reporters, and sometimes, The Vanguard Newspapers turn deaf ears, and turns the eyes/heat away when it is APC. Some of them even write editorials. Abubakar Atiku, while declaring his intention to contest for the presidency talked about the use of the media as a veritable tool. I am not so surprised. Even on the social media, there is always blackout for unfavourable comments against APC and its leaders, but when its Jonathan and PDP, it is always given a front page headline. I may not even be surprised if this little piece is given a complete blackout in the name of moderation. Just take a look at this few instances.

1. Governor Fashola of Lagos State bought the same brand of car Stella Odua bought N250m for N600m during the same period. A differences of about 250% in price. Who was the heat on by the western medias? It was Stella Odua. Did you hear them talk about Governor Fashola? The answer is no. What of the myriads of allegations of corruption (about 48 of them) against Governor Fashola. Any heat? Well and of course no.

2. Look at all the allegations against Tinubu and Fashola on Apha Beta, Land scandals, LG election riggings, etc. Any news from them? The answer is no.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by Mogidi: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
@toluk
With all their media might they're still not winning the hearts and minds of the common man, its an exercise in futility. Nice write up by the way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by ideology(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
And TVC, sun newspaper
Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by motherlode: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
TOTAL RUBBISH!!!

And were you the agent who cleared the car? Mtcheeeew
Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by EdCure: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Do you want the Sheppo mama peace to become a newscaster for AIT before you believe that the station is full-blown TANoid?

...We can arrange for that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
EdCure:
Do you want the Sheppo mama peace to become a newscaster for AIT before you believe that the station is full-blown TANoid?

what u know,jackarsse,whatcha know? Ur agonising momma ahome will give u up widda speeda light n disown u just to be that sheepo...she'll do that rather put up with a godforsaken miserable idle_arsse jobless junkyard 40yr old jerk like u ahome all year long..
Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
EdCure:

never knew i was down with an uhundan nĂ²khua! 4k Lost soul.
Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by clubone05: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
EdCure:

no mind op..vanguard is pdp too...
.the problem isn't the news agency(well its their fault cus they have sold their soul to the devil). ..but..the PDP keeps messing up...so reporting them is so easy...one week one problem. ..na them mess up dey trend now.
Re: Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) by orimsamsam(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
toluk:
I am pleasantly surprised as the Nigeria media gives Ekiti State frontline cover. But close to a year now, the judiciary in Rivers is under lock-and-key; most lawyers in private practice there can no longer pay their bills - rent, children's school fees, etc, some are relocating and others are in hospital suffering various illnesses originating from social-condition-dislocation - hypertension, stroke, etc. Yet, that terrible condition is not the news to the Nigerian press, much more frontline cover because the character behind the horrible state of affairs is APC.

You may never know, but it appears most of the western medias have been bought over by APC. Ray Power, AIT, The Punch, This Day, Sahara Reporters, and sometimes, The Vanguard Newspapers turn deaf ears, and turns the eyes/heat away when it is APC. Some of them even write editorials. Abubakar Atiku, while declaring his intention to contest for the presidency talked about the use of the media as a veritable tool. I am not so surprised. Even on the social media, there is always blackout for unfavourable comments against APC and its leaders, but when its Jonathan and PDP, it is always given a front page headline. I may not even be surprised if this little piece is given a complete blackout in the name of moderation. Just take a look at this few instances.

1. Governor Fashola of Lagos State bought the same brand of car Stella Odua bought N250m for N600m during the same period. A differences of about 250% in price. Who was the heat on by the western medias? It was Stella Odua. Did you hear them talk about Governor Fashola? The answer is no. What of the myriads of allegations of corruption (about 48 of them) against Governor Fashola. Any heat? Well and of course no.

2. Look at all the allegations against Tinubu and Fashola on Apha Beta, Land scandals, LG election riggings, etc. Any news from them? The answer is no.
. Kindly show us the proof of the fashola car. Or u forever remain pdp ass sucker

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL; Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Impeached Today (20/11/2014) / Army Promotes Three Officers For Showing Bravery Against Boko Haram / How To Make Money From Politics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.