Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,940 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

"Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde (949 Views)

Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Eagles Missed Me At Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by Youngsage: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Former Nigerian manager, Adegboye Onigbinde has said pointedly that Super Eagles missed the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations ticket in the home loss to the Red Devils of Congo.
The Afcon champions were held to 2-2 draw by a 10 man Bafana Bafana of South Africa in the final day qualifying match on Wednesday at the Akwa Ibom Stadium, Uyo.
A brace from AFC Bournemouth striker, Tokelo Anthony Rantie gave the South Africans a share of the spoils while substitute striker, Sone Aluko’s brace even score for Nigeria but counted for nothing as the Cup holders bowed out from the race to Equatorial Guinea 2015 Afcon championship.
A highly disappointed Onigbinde said it was just unfortunate that Eagles will not have the opportunity to defend the title they won in South Africa in 2013 when
football hostilities start next January in Equatorial Guinea.

“It’s most unfortunate playing a decisive Afcon qualifier at home ground at same time being unable to snap up the needed victory.“

The 2-2 draw against South Africa that saw us clearly as outsiders as far as the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea is concerned started way back in
the home defeat to Congo Brazzaville right here at our backyard in Calabar
as well as the unimpressive barren draw in South Africa.
So we actually lost the 2015 Afcon ticket right from the beginning not just today (Wednesday) we played a 2-2 draw against South Africa.
It makes no sense crying when the head is off but I’m highly disappointed that we couldn’t qualify to defend our title in Equatorial Guinea,” said Onigbinde to
supersport.com.
Onigbinde will not enter into discourse whether the presidential fiat that saw the return of Eagles manager, Stephen Keshi has counted for nothing.
“It’s not for me to comment on the issue the truth is that nobody is happy with the reality on ground which is our inability to pick one of the group’s tickets.
“We’re not doing lot of things right, I think the day we instill the right developmental programme in place as
well as right administration we’ll stop to struggle to qualify for major championships,” said Onigbinde.

Nigeria finished the 2015 Afcon campaign on third spot on eight points behind leaders and group qualifiers, South Africa on 12 points and Congo Brazzaville on 10 points respectively.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by wunderkiind(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
True talk.
But what is this i'm hearing about Nigeria still bring able to qualify
S.E does not deserve to be at the Nations cup at all.

FTC

1 Like

Re: "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by sammoe(m): 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
If anybody, I repeat, ANYBODY bring this people matter come my front ehn!

God dey.

People wey dey psychologically and technically deficient.

We go dey carry football like say na our problem. Nir be even say dem dey invest for am o!

Rubbish Nonsense...

Anybody wey quote me ehn...
Re: "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by Danhumprey: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
sammoe:
If anybody, I repeat, ANYBODY bring this people matter come my front ehn!

God dey.

People wey dey psychologically and technically deficient.

We go dey carry football like say na our problem. Nir be even say dem dey invest for am o!

Rubbish Nonsense...

Anybody wey quote me ehn...
............Thunder go fire am!grin

2 Likes

Re: "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by sammoe(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Danhumprey:

Na you kuku finish am.

Chop your medicine by yaself!
Re: "Eagles Missed Afcon Ticket From Start" - Onigbinde by wunderkiind(m): 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
Danhumprey:
sammoe:

Na you kuku finish am.
Chop your medicine by yaself!

grin grin grin

Mods, mukina2, why una no carry tthis one go f.p na do the needful

(1) (Reply)

SOLUTION TO YOUR SPORTS BETTING/TRADING PROBLEMS / Home Based Vs Foreign Born / Open Letter From Manchester United Fans To Chelsea Fans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.