Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread (5405 Views)

17 Year Old Nigerian Starts A Project To Bring African Poets Together / Dealing With Plagiarism Of Nairaland Stories By Rogue Sites / Popular Works Of African Poets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyabodeh:
[i]when's the thread coming up? I'm doing a look-alike. So people can try and detect which is mine and which is original. Did you do yours? Where is jigsaw?
Veteran,why don't we wait till after the lunch. Wouldn't it be somehow?
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

We didn't invite oga seun because he's not popular for appreciating poetry. Everyone on the V.I.P list is popular for appreciating poetry.
Ayamlaykorn
I suppose I am also not popular for appreciating poetry right? Seeing that I didn't get an invite.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
I suppose I am also not popular for appreciating poetry right? Seeing that I didn't get an invite.
Joseph I'm sorry. I couldn't remember everyone. You are part of the planning team na. Please help with more mentions.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyabodeh:
"And we gather.
All in one accord.
Word for word,
Opinions we mould." grin grin

Laykorn! Report here, now now!

Mould for mould
Words for actions
Actions to express
Our thoughts in words
Which resonates and echos
In dark conners
For we all are poets
United by a single creed
All for one, one for all

*thought it best to use the creed of the famed musketeers*. Hehehe.

1 Like

Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

Joseph I'm sorry. I couldn't remember everyone. You are part of the planning team na. Please help with more mentions.
Ayamlaykorn
Apology not required! I love poetry so much. Funny thing is I didn't even do Literature in school! Was in science department.

I am currently reading Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
grin grin
joseph1832:

Mould for mould
Words for actions
Actions to express
Our thoughts in words
Which resonates and echos
In dark conners
For we all are poets
United by a single creed
All for one, one for all

*thought it best to use the creed of the famed musketeers*. Hehehe.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Chuksemi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
OMA4U:
Join us tonight. 8 pm. BTW, it's been a while I heard from you. How are you doing?
Thank you. I am fine. And you?
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Apology not required! I love poetry so much. Funny thing is I didn't even do Literature in school! Was in science department.

I am currently reading Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy.
Hehe,we have the same problem.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

Hehe,we have the same problem. I'm a highschooler who's taking science. I never had a Lit. Textbook.
Ayamlaykorn
Like seriously? You're still in high school?. I find it hard to believe.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Like seriously? You're still in high school?. I find it hard to believe.
No I finished. Preparing for JAMB.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

No I finished. Preparing for JAMB.
Ayamlaykorn
Nice. I discovered poetry when I was in high school, way back in 1999. Love was what sparked it. Lol.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Nice. I discovered poetry when I was in high school, way back in 1999. Love was what sparked it. Lol.
Curiosity sparked mine. I was 13,I started by reading collections by Rupert Brooke,but I didn't know I could write something myself until this year.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:

Love!
The consciousness of guilt,
Aura of essence,
And the mother of emotions.

I am still finding my feet with poetry. Im more of a prose person. Sometimes I write poetry like I'm writing prose grin
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

Curiosity sparked mine. I was 13,I started by reading collections by Rupert Brooke,but I didn't know I could write something myself until this year.
Ayamlaykorn
Awesome! It starts like that. I actually haven't written a poem since 1999. The Miss Nairaland contest woke up the poetry side of me, all thanks to rozzay abi na rozzayy now.

The girl can make you discover stuff about yourself. Lol.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Awesome! It starts like that. I actually haven't written a poem since 1999. The Miss Nairaland contest woke up the poetry side of me, all thanks to rozzay abi na rozzayy now.

The girl can make you discover stuff about yourself. Lol.
You mean you wrote a poem for rossay? How awesome. Post the link
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyabodeh:

Love!
The consciousness of guilt,
Aura of essence,
And the mother of emotions.

I am still finding my feet with poetry. Im more of a prose person. Sometimes I write poetry like I'm writing prose grin

Hate!
The opposite of love
The essence of darkness
The reflection of anger and rage
The consciousness of emotions spiraling out of control.

*same here, sometimes I also dabble between poetry and prose. My thoughts influence my words. Its based on what I see and hear around me*.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by joseph1832(m): 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

You mean you wrote a poem for rossay? How awesome. Post the link
Ayamlaykorn
This is it. My very first since 1999. www.nairaland.com/1972820/poem-rozzay-de-future-miss
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:

Hate!
The opposite of love
The essence of darkness
The reflection of anger and rage
The consciousness of emotions spiraling out of control.

*same here, sometimes I also dabble between poetry and prose. My thoughts influence my words. Its based on what I see and hear around me*.
I get you.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by franugo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmm, wetin man pikin go do Hope d invitation cards never finish@laykorn

cc:
naijaboiy
adegwurulez
akiOyibo et al
#teamalobam
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
franugo:
Hmmm, wetin man pikin go do Hope d invitation cards never finish@laykorn

cc:
naijaboiy
adegwurulez
akiOyibo et al
#teamalobam
Oga I go tag you now.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Obinnau(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
is this the thread that's supposed to be on front page ?
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by franugo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

Oga I go tag you now.
Ayamlaykorn

aiit bro. Ama be in ma waiting mode.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sosiq or sosiqdude please modify your post to a punctuation mark.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obinnau:
is this the thread that's supposed to be on front page ?
No this is the link to it.
www.nairaland.com/2010236/nairaland-poetry-club
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyabodeh,gladdys,texanomaly
Veterans,please don't post on that thread again.grin
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by firestar(f): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
In a world where you cease to exist
I'll run
I'll be hung
Bask in sun
Strings across my digits
Acoustics sprung.

Living is where we belong.
Have patience.
When you wake
We'll sing that song

But now
I mark this day
With beloved friends
Dear hearts of the quill

Let us throng
Let's march on.
Stronger today
Stronger than yesterday.

Shalom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by ifoundmyperfect: 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
Signing in...
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
firestar:
In a world where you cease to exist
I'll run
I'll be hung
Bask in sun
Strings across my digits
Acoustics sprung.

Living is where we belong.
Have patience.
When you wake
We'll sing that song

But now
I mark this day
With beloved friends
Dear hearts of the quill

Let us throng
Let's march on.
Stronger today
Stronger than yesterday.

Shalom!
Can I use this to open?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by firestar(f): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
laykorn:

Can I use this to open?
Ayamlaykorn

With pleasure.
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by Bunchersstab(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
una 8pm neva reach undecided
Re: Launching Event Of "Nairaland Poets Club"-Invitation Thread by firestar(f): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
Laykorn, that was a typo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chika Unigwe Wins 2012 NLNG Prize For Literature / Were Are The Nigerians In Boston.ma? / Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.