Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? (752 Views)

Love Or Trust? Which Matter Most In A Relationship? / Love Or Trust- Which Is More Powerful. / Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by ollyporsche: 3:13am On Nov 20, 2014
Hello guys,
this issue has been bothering my mind for months,been thinking about it and dont want to make mistake i will live to regret. I am about 28 years old and have been working for few years now.few months ago i broke up with my ex,whom so many persons thought she's the one i was going to marry.she's very matured(mid-20s),intelligent ,working class lady, nd always wanting me to grow spiritually.when it comes to relationship,trusted her more than i even trusted myself,she's just very reliable.But the problem is,i wasnt really deeply in love with her.Thought she was going to be my best choice when we were just friends and that's why i gave it a shot.but from the beginning have always felt i dint love her enough,always praying the love get stronger.on the other hand,she loved me intensely,i was like her god.The distance wasnt helping issue as we were in different states.we had little issues that could have been resolved if the love was mutual and over time this cascaded to our break-up.i dint go back to resolve as people expected cos i felt it's better i save the future,if i cant love her enough,it's better i let go(it's over a year with her already).am sure she's going to find someone that will love her better cos she's worth it.
I thought i was going to stay single for a while, think straight nd maybe then,would know how much she meant to me nd go back.But in just no time,i got close to a girl around me.so close that people even thought we were dating already( though nothing sensual). obviously,we jst click somehow nd that's how i got fond of this young girl (infact i fell in love,she does too).We were like that for like 2months,i wasnt coming forth to her nd it's like i was blocking guys way(she wasnt complaining tho).at the end i did,nd she said yes after a while.She's less than 21,an undergraduate in the state uni where i reside nd has only had one short relationship (she's not really experienced). one thing I know is I love her,a lot,always wanting to be around her,she makes me happy.just having an issue with trust knowing that i have to start building that from the scratch.she's in skool nd always having guys coming to disturb ( she has a good level of beauty) .i dont know if she would be able to handle a lot of things cos of her age nd experience,that's just my fear,it makes me get jealous sometimes that i even hurt her with my words.i know she's a good girl too but i just dont want it to be like have wasted my time nd energy on her at the end.am thinking of getting married soon but i need to be sure,dont want heartache especially when i had enjoyed peace of mind from my last relationship.My ex seems to still be available and i dont want it to be too late b4 i realize(perhaps she would b with som1 then) but is it advisable to carry-on with someone you know yu dnt have somtin deep for,all because of qualities she possesses.should i just give this new relationship a chance to grow?for how long what if it crashes ? where will i start from...am just confused ...
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by vizkiz: 3:20am On Nov 20, 2014
for you to post all these at this infant time of the day, it is really bothering you...but uhmmmn give me few more hours after daybreak, i'll be back with a replying wink

Downloading reply 2%

1 Like

Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by ollyporsche: 3:23am On Nov 20, 2014
vizkiz:
for you to post all these at this infant time of the day, it is really bothering you...but uhmmmn give me few more hours after daybreak, i'll be back with a replying wink
Downloading reply 2%
like seriously...it is
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by tsmall(m): 5:46am On Nov 20, 2014
You love her and she also love you, now what else do you want? I sincerely understand your fear but you need to give her a chance..forget about your ex. You have made a very good decision about her and I commend your courage...I advice you give your new girl a chance...we all needed that u know"? even when we don't deserve it. #AllTheBest
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by will1am: 5:47am On Nov 20, 2014
For me, the trust is much more important than Love, If someone loves me, it's more of that person's business than mine. But if the same person trusts me, it places an onus on me to live up to that trust.
In other words, trusts places a duty on me to reciprocate, Love doesn't..

1 Like

Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by trakos(m): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2014
will1am:
For me, the trust is much more important than Love, If someone loves me, it's more of that person's business than mine. But if the same person trusts me, it places an onus on me to live up to that trust.
In other words, trusts places a duty on me to reciprocate, Love doesn't..
so u mean u dont necessarily need to love your partner in return?
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by Missmossy(f): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2014
I think love conquers all cool

1 Like

Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by decode55(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2014
wait lemme get something straight.

You're 28

You ditched someone you [size=25pt] TRUST [/size] for one little girl you "think" you love.

An undergraduate for that matter

That there's prolly one dude straffing the hell outta the girl in her hostel

Wait.

Did you say you're 28?

SMH.

Age isn't maturity sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by ollyporsche: 1:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Thank You everyone...
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Life
The person you love
Don't care about you
And the person you care about
Don't love you

What a mystery
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by ollyporsche: 2:26am On Jan 30, 2015
@kevinberry

that's deep...
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 30, 2015
ollyporsche:
@kevinberry

that's deep...
Yeah it is
That the truth

Life is a mystery
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 30, 2015
trakos:

so u mean u dont necessarily need to love your partner in return?
No but love without trust is a mess... Trust with her love is a message...
Re: LOVE Vs TRUST ; Which Way To Go???? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Op you need med... You don't love her ko!
Quite funny indeed.
You are expecting that girl to wait for you later on marry you now..aw! Don't worry in the long run your heart will be broken, just like you did to someone else. Sorry if I sound rude, but this is really out of place.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Are The Most Bashed On NL, True Or False? / People Who Fake "Orga*ms" Tend To Cheat On Their Partners. True? / 19 Best Ways To Make Ur Woman/Man Keeps Smiling And Asking For You More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.