Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Please Advice Which Course To Take - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advice Which Course To Take (865 Views)

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria / Do U Think Petroleum Engineering Is A Good Course To Study? / Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Which Course To Take by JerryJJZ(m): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2014
I am really really confused on the course to study. I like studying either Microbiology or Biochemistry. But my elder sister keep telling me to study other courses like Computer Science that they are more relevant in terms of jobs in the current economy of Nigeria. I just keep wondering if Computer Science really has higher advantage over Microbiology in terms of job. Please advice which to take between Microbiology and Computer Science. Your opinion counts alot. Thanx
Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Evina(f): 9:37am On Nov 20, 2014
What is your long term goal?

Go for the course that revolves around your passion.

Studying a good course is no guarantee for getting a good job.

Studying a course you are passionate about is a guarantee for landing a great job because passion can motivate you to become creative enough to start a business. wink

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2014
Evina:

Studying a course you are passionate about is a guarantee for landing a great job because passion can motivate you to become creative enough to start a business. wink
seconded . . Btw op u hve to follow what u hve passion for, tho am a biochemisty aspirant #great metabolite cheesy
Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Dahjhi: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2014
JerryJJZ:
I am really really confused on the course to study. I like studying either Microbiology or Biochemistry. But my elder sister keep telling me to study other courses like Computer Science that they are more relevant in terms of jobs in the current economy of Nigeria. I just keep wondering if Computer Science really has higher advantage over Microbiology in terms of job. Please advice which to take between Microbiology and Computer Science. Your opinion counts alot. Thanx
follow ur dream.. You will regret later if you deviate.. And watch 3idiot movie in case you haven't done so.. Marry your dream, it should be your wife and your mistress.. Peace

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Craigston: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2014
Uh, I can't find a strong relationship between Biochemistry, Microbiology and Computer Science in the Nigerian economy. You should be contemplating other health-related courses if your passion revolves around that: you'd do better still in the health field that in a different field altogether. Although in advanced economies, health and Computer Science have great meeting points.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by JerryJJZ(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2014
Dahjhi:
follow ur dream.. You will regret later if you deviate.. And watch 3idiot movie in case you haven't done so.. Marry your dream, it should be your wife and you mistress.. Peace

Thanx for dat. Am reassured again. tnx dear

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by JerryJJZ(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=Evina post=28181073]What is your long term goal?

Studying a course you are passionate about is a guarantee for landing a great job because passion can motivate you to become creative enough to start a business. wink[/quote

Daz a nice one; a lesson for all
Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Evina(f): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=JerryJJZ post=28182257][/quote]

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by Dahjhi: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Thanx for dat. Am reassured again. tnx dear
uwc

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Which Course To Take by CrazyMan(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Evina:

Seconded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Training On Entrepeneurship / Please Advise Him / N250,000 What Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.