Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106229 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Olaolufred(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

I dont knkw howmuch I know about politics.but are you not forgetting something.the majority party in the hoise produces the speaker?so by vertue of him decamping.ho no longer belong to the majority in boise party.so he is no longer the speaker.no action needed to remove him

You are truly ignorant. Your "in gi rish" also betrays you.

There is no place in our constitution where majority or minority is written when electing a speaker.

It is like assuming that our constitution says presidency must be zoned to south-east or north-west.

All these are PDP way of playing on you faculty.

Wake up.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by idlaw2k3(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
edogirl2:

Just imagine pictures being reported around the world now of Nigeria's National Assembly being overrun by the military.

Again this just feeds into the widely - held perception of Nigeria as a basket case.

Foreign investors who are already pulling their money out of the stock market due to the sliding value of the Naira, now have another reason - political instability - to accelerate their withdrawal.

I can't see how today's event will not weaken the Naira even further.

My question to the President is, why go this far to humiliate our country?

Thank you "cooler heads will prevail".
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Superstar007(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nigeria - Banana Republic
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by MadamDearest: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
see big men dey jump gate. loll

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by emmatok(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
erico2k2:

I dont knkw howmuch I know about politics.but are you not forgetting something.the majority party in the hoise produces the speaker?so by vertue of him decamping.ho no longer belong to the majority in boise party.so he is no longer the speaker.no action needed to remove him

Election 101.
The Majority comes by voting and not party affiliate.
It is two-thirds of both PDP and APC members in the house .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by JudgeWilson(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
This Country is a joke. Can u imagine wat is happening at the National Assembly? Our police has lost the integrity nd respect of the people. Our Police force has now become dogs in the hand of the man at the helm of affair in Abuja. What a shame!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bigshug213: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:
The soldiers yab. Abeg!
What do they think their guns are for? they should have shot the useless asewo janjawid.
and u are a son of the ashawo....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by vanunu: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tambuwal is a nothing but a big madman without morality. He still wants to be a speaker after he defected to the opposition party. There is no where in the whole world where this kind of thing is allowed, and some people are here supporting him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by izzo22: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Am still looking for the picture of any of the Troops...Boko Haram supporter will never stop
barcanista:
here is the Plan, the President Wrote the Speaker, the Speaker reconvenes the house. The President orders Security to stop the speaker from entering the house so as to pave way for the Deputy Speaker to Preside. The Deputy Speaker presides and they carry out a Kangaroo impeachment against the Speaker and "elect" a new Speaker. The SeCurity Agencies and the government recognises the New Speaker, and voooom they get their way.

But it failed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by otokx(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
MadamDearest:
see big men dey jump gate. loll

it is a matter of jump or die.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by scantee(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
1000 soldiers just to stop Tambuwa?

Sahara report you guys should fear God small na.

Tambuwa get two heads? 1000 soldiers ko Nigera Defense Headquarters ni

smh

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
link2ok:

I hav kiafully gone through ur post. Its sad to see such tin happening in this part of d world. Shame on our security forces n those that sent them.

Bt pls such informations re kiafully disseminated considering the insecurity in d north and the fact that violence sumtymz culd erupt.

Thats why journalism is a vewi kiaful tin to do. Pls for d sake of those in places where the security of lives is in question expecially in d north, do not raise tension. Cos any blood shed it wuld b on ur head.

A word is enuf for d wise which I strongly believe that yu re.

Thnks and hav a luvly dai
Mr , there is no blood on any journalist head.... But on the head of an irresponsible govt. please , we should not keep any low. It is obvious, we covering no sin. If there is violence ... Good for a ad govt. there can't be unity where innocent people are killed without the aw speaking for them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by timota(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
The position of governor is not the same as Speaker. The office of Speaker is naturally for the majority in the House, and in this case the PDP is the majority and not the other way round!

Put yourself together and reason properly..

pls don't talk of natural here talk of the constitution ,does it say anything about majority party.No, Very many educated illitrates in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Imagine the Stup1d comments from 80% of people commenting!. So PDP should be the only political party in Nigeria? Is that it? Since the introduction of Democracy PDP has been the only party ruling this great nation, what happen the CHANGE if a man of integrity happens to be in another party?. I see nothing wrong if the Speaker decide to switch to APC or even Ibu party if one exit. President Goodluck Jonathan true colour and nature is showing gradually. He is a desperate and silent wolf in sheep form. I said this right from the first day he took over from a muslim Man I so much adore and respect, Late Yar-Adua. Nigerians people following political party, name, plz I urge you people to wake up and start following people you feel have the intelligence, the heart, the bravery, patriotism, respect for human right and above all capacity to rule a country with so many ethnic group.

NOTE: Am not a fan of PDP or APC. We need a true leader and not political Jargons

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by fisaylab: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
What a shameful manner to respect your birthday sir,what a bad legasse are u laying for the already decade generation by the unruly attitude.absolute power corrupt absolutely bah,lets see where this democracy drama go end then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by jauntty: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
tolu007:
gud...he said house will resume by dec 3, y is he calling for resumption now, only to stop d emergncy rule in d north east... i wonder y those police sef no wire am wit koboko grin
SMH for you.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by izzo22: 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
My guy we still the find the Soldiers for the pic wre dy use dir hand pest
scantee:
1000 soldiers just to stop Tambuwa?

Sahara report you guys should fear God small na.

Tambuwa get two heads? 1000 soldiers ko Nigera Defense Headquarters ni

smh
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ibkgab001: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yes we are getting there TRUE DEFINATION OF "POWER" grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by IYANGBALI: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
amanze15:
You lOok at the comments here and you just saddened, the future of this country looks bleak.
bleak is an understatement,the future is dead,it has long been killed and buried by our so called leaders{looters} cry
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
"As terrible as Obasanjo was when he moved state governors using the lawmakers, he wouldn't consider stopping members this way. No!! No No!"

AbangMmercy
you can never bear experience, you learn from your boss. Jonathan is inexperienced, he never was ready to learn either.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by vikyno(m): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
ZACHIE:

Is Mimiko still Governor of Ondo State? YES.

Warped minds.

Why don't you calm down?
They are two different scenario . House politics is different from state politics.

Mimiko brought labour party to Ondo state and the people accepted it. He later dumped the party and they still followed him to PDP. Majority of LP members are now PDP members in Ondo state. He is the progenitor and the leader of the party which made him switch with ease because his followers accepted it.

In Tambuwal's case, the Speaker can only come from the party with majority of the seat in the house. Since he seized to be a member of the party that forms the majority, then he has no right to continue as the speaker.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Pennyways: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
ionsman:

You are a coward...He should be shot right? Infact....
yes, he should be shot at sight, any problem?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by texazzpete(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
vanunu:
Tambuwal is a nothing but a big madman without morality. He still wants to be a speaker after he defected to the opposition party. There is no where in the whole world where this kind of thing is allowed, and some people are here supporting him.

But Mimiko defected to PDP and I didn't see Nairalanders demanding he resign his seat. Why the double standards?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
TEL ME SOMETHING.WAS IT NOT THE SAME SAINT OBASANJO WHO KIDNAPPED A SITIING GOVERNOR? THE SAME SAINT OBASANJO WHO REMOVED A STATE GOVERNOR WITH JUST 7 LEGISLATORS IN A 21-MAN STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY? ABEG TALK TO ME
did he create a scene as this.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by eminikansoso(m): 2:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
otokx:

Its a legacy of determination and the rule of law.
what kind of determination and rule of law
pls explain
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
Schematics:
The position of governor is not the same as Speaker. The office of Speaker is naturally for the majority in the House, and in this case the PDP is the majority and not the other way round!

Put yourself together and reason properly..

NATURALLY
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Pennyways: 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
Demdem:

Goon, ur c in c is daft.
Tambuwal remains speaker. Already he is marching on.
marching on to where?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by micolaj: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
OkeEsibe:
Rubbish...abeg shoot tambuwal 4 head make e 4 die quick quick...northern illiterates
The TROUBLE that GEJ is PRICING, your OIL MONEY wouldn't be ENOUGH when the REAL PRICE SURFACES . My two penny
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by lawrsmith(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
APC and politics of propagand,politics of media and bitterness. mana Aka ga ebi fa na ani
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by vedaxcool(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Whitehorse:

[s]You do not have to qoute and strike through my post. Just make your point. Let's show some maturity here...

Any by the way, i am not in support of the police action. I am only interested in why the chief law maker would knowingly (try to bend) the Constitution and exploit mass hysteria to further his political aims..[/s].

Empty words, desist from quoting me any further, It is clear you want to argue over what you have little knowledge of!

The facts of the matter, Court stated unequivocally, Maintain the Status quo, if you cannot understand what that fact means and that they are well established ways of removing people from the national assembly, removing the speaker, declaring seats vacant then you are here spitting arrant nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ZUBY77(m): 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
David Mark- The Senate President now led other Senators to the Green House---Solidarity you may say!

Picture Below:

Convoy moving slowly to the gate. Hon members and Senate President and other senators insist on trekking with Speaker Tambuwal as a form of Solidarity!

Where are the Boko boys when you need them.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Saheed9: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Height of lawlessness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.