Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Ladies, 9 Secret Ways To Find A Life Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, 9 Secret Ways To Find A Life Partner (699 Views)

Secret Ways Of Having Sex During Menstruation / Ladies, 9 Natural Ways To Make Your Bosoms Grow Bigger / 9 Secret Things Men Can't Resist In Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, 9 Secret Ways To Find A Life Partner by Kagawa: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Let’s face it: Most women hate buying used cars about as much as they hate re-entering the dating scene. That’s a given. But, if you want to get out there, attract the right guy and have successful relationships, you have to sell yourself.

1. Perform a SWOT analysis.

For those of you who don’t know, a SWOT analysis stands for “Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats and Opportunities.” For the purpose of this article, let’s focus on strengths and weaknesses.

List at least 10 strengths; I know you have them. Now, list your three most major weaknesses. Seeing them on paper might help you focus on what you need to change.

Are you overly emotional? Take steps to work on it. Perhaps you don’t like the fact that you’re short. Deal with it and cross it off the list. If you can’t change something, there is no use in harping on it.
Focus on your strengths.

If you are a pharmaceutical rep and have a drug that cures cancer 95 percent of the time, wouldn’t you lead in with that? You wouldn’t start out by saying that it causes constipation, diarrhea and dry skin. Sure, you’d have to mention it later as a disclaimer (in small print), but you wouldn’t dwell on it.

We all have flaws, but we should relegate those to the fine print. Unless you are legally or morally obligated to tell your new partner about your flaws (e.g. an illegitimate child, felony charges), then why bother saying anything at all?

In time, it will become clear that you’re a terrible dancer, but by then, your strengths will have taken the main stage and your weaknesses will be but an afterthought.

2. Fix your weaknesses (to the extent that you can).

A few years back, I was trying to unload a 2007 Cavalier. When turned on, it shook and there was a distinct rattling in the hood. I knew I couldn’t sell it in that condition, so I took it to a mechanic who repaired it. (Turns out, a dead squirrel had gotten in the radiator.)

I had to repair the major flaws before I could present it to a potential buyer.

Don’t go all Heidi Montag and invest your life savings in plastic surgery. Instead, handle your major demons before choosing to date someone.

3. Presentation is everything

When I sold used cars, I made cute little intros, like

Hi, my name is Quinn, and I’m a 2000 Hyundai Elantra. I love keeping my passengers warm in the winter, as they listen to their favorite sounds on my 2010 Alpine sound system. More importantly, I keep them safe in the snow with new tires. I’m a great car for a first-time driver or college student and I make a great second family car.

I didn’t mention that the car was old and still had manual windows. The buyer could see all that in the pictures.

Try this on for size: Which one of the following two girls would you rather date?

Girl A: “Old, average looking, kind of frizzy hair, broad shouldered with a touch of scoliosis, slight speech impediment, terrible dancer and cook. Has a really boring job doing something with computers. Just recently got dumped.”

Girl B: “Young, super-cute, a little taller than average, great smile and really smart. In fact, she writes code for sales software you might use at your job! She’s working on her Six Sigma and she loves to go running, skiing and snowboarding. She just became single, so she’s a hot commodity right now.”

Both descriptions are of the same 26-year-old woman. The first is how she describes herself to me, but the second is how I see her. When you’re writing your Tinder profile, remember that you’re selling something way more valuable than a used Hyundai Elantra.

See more: http://thebusinessaim.com.ng/ladies-9-ways-finding-a-partner-is-all-about-having-the-right-sales-pitch/

(1) (Reply)

Erection Issues / Advice Urgently Needed (matured Minds Only) THANKS / 10 Types Of "Type Of" Threads Typically Typed By Different Types Of Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.