Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Every Business Owner Should Consider Online Advertisement - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Every Business Owner Should Consider Online Advertisement (446 Views)

Before You Cross To Another Bank, Consider These / Want To Improve Your Career? 4 New Year Resolutions You Should Consider / 10 IT Jobs Of The "Highest Salary" You Should Consider. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Every Business Owner Should Consider Online Advertisement by AdverBusiness: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Every entrepreneur with a product or services will always want people to patronize them; i mean that’s the heartbeat of every business, if you ask me. Eventually these entrepreneurs will want to get more expose for their businesses and will want to do what is called advertising.

So there are many forms of advertisement including outdoor advertisement under which the billboards, posters sign board etc falls, also we have media advertisement, print media advertisement and online advertisement so many for any entrepreneur to choose from. But how do you choose the best form of advertisement for your business, the answer is the same reason why online advertisement is preferable.

First you want to talk about cost. Cost of advertising is a very crucial item for most entrepreneur especially the SME, because most start-up capital goes into creating the product or services itself, so when the need to advertise arise, only the cheapest form of advertisement is sort after. So if you want to spend little or no amount of money for advertisement, then online advertisement is your choice, your ONLY choice.

Secondly, you may really want to target a certain category of people maybe by age, sex, geographical area or what-so-ever, then your choice of advertisement is very limited, to one i.e. online advertisement, or else you want to place advert on a billboard about sanitary pads when clearly the population in that area in mostly men.

Even the radio and TV commercials can’t be as targeted as online advertisement, cause those broadcast are listened to by all, I mean all, Igbo, Yoruba, male, female, old, young, fat, thin etc, or else you have a product or services that the general public can be interest, if not stick to online advertisement.

Don’t get me started with the print media, slowly this form of advertisement is going extinct, surely newspaper and magazine still have their loyal customers like my grandpa but personal I think internet is too sophisticated for him that’s why. Cause this generation is the information age and mediums for that information is rapidly changing, so tell those old schools to keep up.

Thirdly fast advert delivery, within minutes one can create a banner and place it on various website like a sign board and unlike the physical signboard or billboard, a banner can get thousands of view in a day.
Tracking would be the next reason why every entrepreneur should choose online advertisement to other form of advertising. As a business owner you may want to know who visit your site, when and what they engaged in. This data is most important to get a personal feel of your customer needs.

Have you heard of the term “Wildfire”, that’s how facebook, twitter, google and even instagram grew, like wildfire. And that how viral the internet can make your business, through the world of mouth and actions like; Like, share, follow etc, this has given many brand we now hear about the opportunity to grow without doing much, making the few customers promote their brand to other and those ones promote to another and so on. This can mostly be achieved through online advertisement.

In summary, if your are really serious about making profit with your business then you should know you require patronage and as stated above, the only way you can get cost effective, targeted, fast ad delivery and viral form of advertisement is through online advertisement.

In conclusion, only few of the benefits of online advertisement are stated above, this goes without saying that online advertisement has its disadvantages and require a lot of technically know-how, these, which is the basic reason why many fail to achieve results with online advertisement.

READ MORE RELATED ARTICLES ON OUR BLOG

www.blog.adverbusiness.com

(1) (Reply)

Niim N Pmp / Vacancy For You. / Lagos Pastor Caught With 174kg Of Narcotic Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.