Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (81932 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Emeka30: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2015
Nursing students are lucky to have this project. Are you sitting for nursing council? this is your project report
Factors Hindering the Implementation of Nursing Process (NP)
http://uniprojectsearch.com/factors-hinder…ing-process-np/

when you want to write on any field, topic or discipline first click on www.uniprojectsearch.com for guide
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ralph30: 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
Med lab students, nursing, and Medical and health science students in general:
This project sheds light on immunization and its importance. it gives everyone a chance to know how it works, who should be immunized, when and how
The National Programme on Immunization (NPI): A Tool to Reducing Childhood Mortality
http://uniprojectsearch.com/national-progr…hood-mortality/

No matter your department www.uniprojectsearch.com can guide you to excellence in your project, assignments etc
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ralph30: 8:48am On Feb 16, 2015
Be guided
Nursing students, medical and Medical Students in general cant just miss this
this project topic and material has passed through multiple scrutiny to come to you

Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection in Patients with Renal Disease
http://uniprojectsearch.com/prevalence-hep…-renal-disease/

also visit www.uniprojectsearch.com for quality topics and materials in all fields or departments
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ralph30: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
This project topic and material is for nursing students who are taking their psychiatric nursing clinical experience. this is one of numerous psychiatric nursing project reports available

A Nursing Care Study on a Patient with Bipolar Disorder
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/nursing-care-study-patient-bipolar-disorder/

No mater your department check on www.uniprojectsearch.com to get project topic and materials
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Chiemeka30: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
psychiatry sure one of them
Don't take it lightly, your psychiatric project report is serious
this is one of the numerous topics and materials available

Psychiatric Nursing -A Case Study of a Patient with Child Abuse and Neglect
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/psychiatric-nursing-case-study-patient-child-abuse-neglect/

www.uniprojectsearch.com has project, thesis, dissertation topics and materials in every field, check for your own department
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Odunukwe30: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
This nursing science project, thesis can move your GP to another level

Perspectives of Clinical Posting Experiences among Undergraduate Nursing Students
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/perspectives-clinical-posting-experiences-undergraduate-nursing-students-nigeria/

Remember; www.uniprojectsearch.com has project, thesis, dissertation topics and materials in all fields
check your department now
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ralph30: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Are you writing your final project, thesis, dissertation etc? Don't be troubled because no matter your department www.uniprojectsearch.com has project, thesis topics and materials to move you to higher level
an example is this nursing science thesis topic and material

perception of Nursing Students about Factors Influencing their Clinical Training in Nigeria
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/factors-influencing-nurses-clinical-training-nigeria-2/
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
heykims:

Medical students rotate through ophthalmology too in their clinical years in school nd it is even imbibed in their professional MBBS exam..
And here, it isnt just about examining for refractive errors nd prescribing glasses, u ve got to be equipped wt all eye diseases nd their management, surgical modalities inclusive..

You are speaking nonesense...the 2 months u spend learning penlight examination is y u want to come here and speak thrash...even a general medical practitioner of 10 yrs practice cannot make ocular diagnosis and u r spewing nonsense.
G
U r talkijg abt opthalmic surgery as if u know anything ....even ophthalmologists are quacks when it comes to complex refractive proceedutes.....
Go and take the ophthalmology residency habdbook,then take the uniben optometry deot prospectus and compare both of them....
Ur residents spend two yrs studying things a 200 level student in optometry already knows...If they are not afraid let them let optometry graduates write their primary exams with them and then see if any of them will get a residency slot....
A good 500 level student of optometry will easily teach ur senior part 2 resident everythibg in their handbook with the exception of microsurgery....

U r talking abt surgical modalities....minus CE and pterygium ecxcision which other proceedures do ophthalmologists in nigeria perform?
U r very ignorant...i wish u will take me up on this so that i will disabuse ur mind for good....
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
heykims:

Medical students rotate through ophthalmology too in their clinical years in school nd it is even imbibed in their professional MBBS exam..
And here, it isnt just about examining for refractive errors nd prescribing glasses, u ve got to be equipped wt all eye diseases nd their management, surgical modalities inclusive..

You are speaking nonesense...the 2 months u spend learning penlight examination is y u want to come here and speak thrash...even a general medical practitioner of 10 yrs practice cannot make ocular diagnosis and u r spewing nonsense.
U r talking abt opthalmic surgery as if u know anything ....even ophthalmologists are quacks when it comes to complex refractive proceedures.....
Go and take the ophthalmology residency habdbook,then take the uniben optometry dept prospectus and compare both of them....
Ur residents spend two yrs studying things a 200 level student in optometry already knows...If they are not afraid let them let optometry graduates write their primary exams with them and then see if any of them will get a residency slot....
A good 500 level student of optometry will easily teach ur senior part 2 resident everythibg in their handbook with the exception of microsurgery....

U r talking abt surgical modalities....minus CE and pterygium ecxcision which other proceedures do ophthalmologists in nigeria perform?
U r very ignorant...i wish u will take me up on this so that i will disabuse ur mind for good....
Speaking as if u can even interprete the simplest of ophthalmic prescriptions....u think ocular diagnosis is gynaecology....as if u can even identify the simplest form of optic disc anomaly...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

optometry is 6 years?
Optometry is not hard like medicine. simple
Every aspect of optometry is well covered in ophthalmology. Eye care was cumbersome for the doctor and optometry was carved out to take care of the lens part, though basic eye stuff are still taught to optometrist students too.
how is it among the 6hardest courses when there is a course /specialty that swallowed it?

U r not serious....u didnt even community health to know how optometry came abt....u r so ignorant...who created optometry...medicine?do u even know anything in physiological optics?u cant speak in the field of vision because u r too underqualified....even as a general practitioner u r still underqualified....
U do opthalmolgy indeed..u spend 3 months doing shadow test and pupillary test and u come here to spew nonsense...as if u can distinguish a healthy retina from a pathologic one....
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

optometry is 6 years?
Optometry is not hard like medicine. simple
Every aspect of optometry is well covered in ophthalmology. Eye care was cumbersome for the doctor and optometry was carved out to take care of the lens part, though basic eye stuff are still taught to optometrist students too.
how is it among the 6hardest courses when there is a course /specialty that swallowed it?

Optometry is much more harder than medicine and i will tell u y...
Mbbs has width without depth.U guys just rotate within the periperals of specialties and come out to answer doctors...
Let me use eye care as a reference....
With all your brags on this forum a medical graduate cannot handle even a simple ocular case without referral...Even a thing as simple as anisometropia or accomodative esotropia they cant do it.
What they do is give analgesics for every headache and Saids with antibiotics for every red eye.Thats hw a gp was pumping a px with dexamethasone when the problem was simple hyperopia...
What then is the need for ur oohthalmology rotation when u guys know nothing....
In ur part 1 residency u start learning geometric and physical optics that an optometry student finished in 200 level.
Optometry is easy.....y is it that most of ur residents spend 6yrs instead of the stipulated 4 yrs studying it...or are u so ignorant that u dont know it...and they dont go into physiological optics at all...which is one of the most dense part of vision care...This is not withstanding the fact that being graduates and medicine being "difficult" as u said it should be a cakewalk for them.
OPTOMETRY IS WAY MUCH MORE DEEPER THAN MEDICINE...
In my 400 level many guys that failed out of our depts wrote jamb again went into medicine and are doing excellent...Go to uniben and ask...When we see ourselves they shrug and shudder at what they passed through....
Medicine is more visible than optometry and therefore more competitive...It is way more harder to gain admission into medicine than optometry...but that is where it ends...
In uniben optometry has the highest failure rate....
I rate pharmacy ahead of medicine in toughness...Sorry thats the truth.

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
originbm:

Mbbs has width without depth.U guys just rotate within the periperals of specialties and come out to answer doctors...
With all your brags on this forum a medical graduate cannot handle even a simple ocular case without referral...Even a thing as simple as anisometropia or accomodative esotropia they cant do it.
What they do is give analgesics for every headache and Saids with antibiotics for every red eye.Thats hw a gp was pumping a px with dexamethasone when the problem was simple hyperopia...
What then is the need for ur oohthalmology rotation when u guys know nothing....
In ur part 1 residency u start learning geometric and physical optics that an optometry student finished in 200 level.
Optometry is easy.....y is it that most of ur residents spend 6yrs instead of the stipulated 4 yrs studying it...or are u so ignorant that u dont know it...and they dont go into physiological optics at all...which is one of the most dense part of vision care...This is not withstanding the fact that being graduates and medicine being "difficult" as u said it should be a cakewalk for them.
OPTOMETRY IS WAY MUCH MORE DEEPER THAN MEDICINE...
In my 400 level many guys that failed out of our depts wrote jamb again went into medicine and are doing excellent...Go to uniben and ask...When we see ourselves they shrug and shudder at what they passed through....
Medicine is more visible than optometry and therefore more competitive...It is way more harder to gain admission into medicine than optometry...but that is where it ends...
In uniben optometry has the highest failure rate....
I rate pharmacy ahead of medicine in toughness...Sorry thats the truth.

An opthalmologist knows more than an optometrist, are you gonna debate that one?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

An opthalmologist knows more than an optometrist, are you gonna debate that one?

They dont.u wanna go there with me?Lets do it
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

In Nigeria here they know more surgery...And that is only Nigeria because American optometrists perform full opthalmic chirugeries.
But in optics they know nothing...In clinical refraction they know nothing compared with an optometrist....And like i said they perform only few proceedures like ce,tplasty and pterygium excision.
All these proceedures we deal with them didactically....everything about them so that we can counsel a px on wat to expect....afterall we refer the pxts to them and they refer them back to us for post mangt...the only thing is we dont do them cause its illegal ...not because they are difficult..Some optonetrists may do them....but like i said,for now in nigeria,its illegal.
My guy u dont know who an optometrist is....so dont argue what u dont know....
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
originbm:

In Nigeria here they know more surgery...And that is only Nigeria because American optometrists perform full opthalmic chirugeries.
But in optics they know nothing...In clinical refraction they know nothing compared with an optometrist....And like i said they perform only few proceedures like ce,tplasty and pterygium excision
All these proceedures we deal with them didactically....everything about them so that we can counsel a px on wat to expect....afterall we refer the pxts to them and they refer them back to us for post mangt...the only thing is we dont do them cause its illegal ...not because they are difficult..Some optonetrists may do them....but like i said,for now in nigeria,its illegal.
My guy u dont know who an optometrist is....so dont argue what u dont know....

Of course, there is a reason they are licensed to do that while you are not.
They have both medical knowledge plus eye stuff, yours is eye centered only. Deal with it.

I was telling you that optometry job was done by the doctors in the past but just to save time while dealing with patients, optometry aspect was carved out so that after seeing sb with refractive errors for eg, the doctor makes the diagnosis n the treatment plan, the optometrist sorts out the glasses or sth, instead of the doctor doing that and you are here yapping.
Or is the study of optometry not younger than medicine?
Who is referring a PX to you outside of glass issue? In a teaching hospital?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by heykims(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
originbm:

U r talking abt opthalmic surgery as if u know anything ....even ophthalmologists are quacks when it comes to complex refractive proceedures.....
Go and take the ophthalmology residency habdbook,then take the uniben optometry dept prospectus and compare both of them....

Speaking as if u can even interprete the simplest of ophthalmic prescriptions....u think ocular diagnosis is gynaecology....as if u can even identify the simplest form of optic disc anomaly...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by heykims(m): 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
originbm:

Why this pained? I understand though.
If u can't beat them, u join them. U feel so dejected coz joining isn't even an option.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

They have both medical knowledge plus eye stuff, yours is eye centered only. Deal with it.

I was telling you that optometry job was done by the doctors in the past but just to save time while dealing with patients, optometry aspect was carved out so that after seeing sb with refractive errors for eg, the doctor makes the diagnosis n the treatment plan, the optometrist sorts out the glasses or sth, instead of the doctor doing that and you are here yapping.

This guy which medical school did u attend?
Who told that optometry was carved out from ophthalmology...who taught u dat...
Optometry is an independent eye care profession along different developmental line from medicines....
Is optometry in the faculty of medicine?
An optometrist is a doctor ,u deal with.they are awarded OD not a bachelors degree.
Optometry have theiir own postgraduate colkege so what are u talking abt.
Optometrist treat eye dissases ,prescribe drugs and perform all preceedures including foreign bodyremoval in their capacity as doctors....contact lens work up and low vision care....
Wat do u mean by just to save time?
Between treating accomodative infacility and treating glaucoma which is easier....u funny o
Eye care has lots of proceecures....surgical is only about 5%
From different kinds of tonometry,biomicroscopy,perimetry,direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy,different forms of retinoscopic techniques from mohindra to cycloplegic to static to dynamic,geriatric and paediatriic techniques in external ocular examination,confrontation,accomodation and convergence measurement proceedures,gonioscopy,fundoscopy,von graffe,maddox wing and rod,Blur and push up amplitude,...and this only for general clinical exam...
In the field of orthoptics there are hosts from ac rock,to red lens to bagollini tests,to worth 4 dot test,to stereoacuity,to a host of others....then low vision and contact less assessment and treatment proceedures...
Surgery is a minor field in vision care.The only restorative ocular surgery is cataract.I was at the inaugural lecture a prof. of ophthalmology from ubth ,the only surgical proceedure she could boast of is cataract surgery.
See eye care has 4 components...optics,ocular health,surgical and orthoptics-low vision.
Optometry in usa is a provider of all.
In Nigeria they can provide all excepting surgery....
And just in case u are doubting...refraction is the money spinning proceedure...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
heykims:

Why this pained? I understand though.
If u can't beat them, u join them. U feel so dejected coz joining isn't even an option.

U guys are the most ignorant people i hv ever seen...i shudder to think of u as a professional...
Simple logical arguements u cant keep up with...u come on net to spill rubbish and make inane comments u cant substantiate...u were the one that said optometry is 5 yrs just to denigrate the course and make medicine look big...u r the only ones that spend 6 yrs in school...
U spend 6yrs and are still capable of ratiocination...i pity u guys...
Do those nonsense with other profession but wen it comes to eye care keep shut and dont expose ur ignorance....
Wat do i hv to join 4?
1.I am a doctor.....OD.
2.I diagnose and treat independently...
3.I can have an eye clinic if i want to with Hmos chasing me upand down.
4.I can hv my fellowship in Nigeria FNCO or inusa FAAO.
5.I did my internship in military hospital kaduna and was paid in the same cadre as house people.My friends did in state house.Same story.

So wat do i join 4,i ask again?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

As for the teaching hospital,is it any wonder that they are death centres?
In my 600 level a patient was brought to our teaching clinic.The patient had a V.Aof 6/60 OD and H.M OS. During case history we discovered that a silly ophthalmologist in an area in Benin-i wont nention where-had been pumping him with drugs and irrelevant refractive prescription.
We discovered that the guy had keratoconus which a simple diagnostic proceedure called Munson sign would have shown...If the guy had been hit on the road and he had died from poor vision who would talk...the guy's vision worsened because the opthalmologist did not know the limits of his competency...
U have the same mentality...no wonder u r throwing up a deficiency in our system as a virtue...

Dont worry come into eye care...u will come and give me ur flyer begging me for patients like ophthalmologists do.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:58am On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

This guy which medical school did u attend?
Who told that optometry was carved out from ophthalmology...who taught u dat...
Optometry is an independent eye care profession along different developmental line from medicines....
Is optometry in the faculty of medicine?
An optometrist is a doctor ,u deal with.they are awarded OD not a bachelors degree.
Optometry have theiir own postgraduate colkege so what are u talking abt.
Optometrist treat eye dissases ,prescribe drugs and perform all preceedures including foreign bodyremoval in their capacity as doctors....contact lens work up and low vision care....
Wat do u mean by just to save time?
Between treating accomodative infacility and treating glaucoma which is easier....u funny o
Eye care has lots of proceecures....surgical is only about 5%
From different kinds of tonometry,biomicroscopy,perimetry,direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy,different forms of retinoscopic techniques from mohindra to cycloplegic to static to dynamic,geriatric and paediatriic techniques in external ocular examination,confrontation,accomodation and convergence measurement proceedures,gonioscopy,fundoscopy,von graffe,maddox wing and rod,Blur and push up amplitude,...and this only for general clinical exam...
In the field of orthoptics there are hosts from ac rock,to red lens to bagollini tests,to worth 4 dot test,to stereoacuity,to a host of others....then low vision and contact less assessment and treatment proceedures...
Surgery is a minor field in vision care.The only restorative ocular surgery is cataract.I was at the inaugural lecture a prof. of ophthalmology from ubth ,the only surgical proceedure she could boast of is cataract surgery.
See eye care has 4 components...optics,ocular health,surgical and orthoptics-low vision.
Optometry in usa is a provider of all.
In Nigeria they can provide all excepting surgery....
And just in case u are doubting...refraction is the money spinning proceedure...

But the doctors do all these things? And they also have their stories of optometrists mismanaging PX before coming to them.

On a lighter note, Why exactly do u quote me twice?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But the doctors do all these things? And they also have their stories of optometrists mismanaging PX before coming to them.

On a lighter note, Why exactly do u quote me twice?

Pls when u use the term 'doctors' specify.In the field of eye care we have only two doctors-The optometrist and the ophthalmologist.They are the ones qualified to run eye centres.An ordinary medical practitioner is not an eye doctor.
As a general practitioner u are not legally qualified to run an eye clinic.
That said,the ophthalmologist leans on the optometrist for complex optical proceedures while the optometrist in Nigeria does same for surgery.Both of them provide medical care.
In some optometrist eye clinics the optometrists use ophthalmologist like a technician.They just come, remove cataract and leave.Cataract removal is finished within an hour and the patient can leave immediately.The optometrist does the follow up.
Which stories do they hv?If they had everyone would hv heard abt it because many of them are just like u guys here-jealous and vindictive,even when u dont hv to be.
Have any optometrist been sued for px mismanagement?
In eye care one misdiagnosis can be fatal...i hope u know that...missing the presence of a comorbidity is deadly...
If optometrists make misdiagnosis many ophthalmologidts would hv been singing it to the media given medicine's penchant to pull down other professions.And Hmos would hv been running away from them....
I sincerely wish u would get into eye care...then u would know who is who and what is what.
In the mean time visit eye clinics and get firsthand knowledge...

On a lighter note ...my ipad has loves sending things twice...dont know y.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fabzgrace(f): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

Pls when u use the term 'doctors' specify.In the field of eye care we have only two doctors-The optometrist and the ophthalmologist.They are the ones qualified to run eye centres.An ordinary medical practitioner is not an eye doctor.
As a general practitioner u are not legally qualified to run an eye clinic.
That said,the ophthalmologist leans on the optometrist for complex optical proceedures while the optometrist in Nigeria does same for surgery.Both of them provide medical care.
In some optometrist eye clinics the optometrists use ophthalmologist like a technician.They just come, remove cataract and leave.Cataract removal is finished within an hour and the patient can leave immediately.The optometrist does the follow up.
Which stories do they hv?If they had everyone would hv heard abt it because many of them are just like u guys here-jealous and vindictive,even when u dont hv to be.
Have any optometrist been sued for px mismanagement?
In eye care one misdiagnosis can be fatal...i hope u know that...missing the presence of a comorbidity is deadly...
If optometrists make misdiagnosis many ophthalmologidts would hv been singing it to the media given medicine's penchant to pull down other professions.And Hmos would hv been running away from them....
I sincerely wish u would get into eye care...then u would know who is who and what is what.
In the mean time visit eye clinics and get firsthand knowledge...

On a lighter note ...my ipad has loves sending things twice...dont know y.
Sorry but have you ever been to an eye clinic?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fabzgrace(f): 10:35am On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

In ur part 1 residency u start learning geometric and physical optics that an optometry student finished in 200 level...
Hi, are you an optometrist or a 100l law student

Come out clean please cause the last time i checked, you claimed you just got admitted into law.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fabzgrace:

Sorry but have you ever been to an eye clinic?

Yes,i hv....or wait....actually,i hv friends who own some...is there something i need to know?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fabzgrace:

Hi, are you an optometrist or a 100l law student

Come out clean please cause the last time i checked, you claimed you just got admitted into law.

Are both mutually exclusive?
Didnt you go for the inaugural lecture of Prof. Osime-a prof of surgery and also a Barrister -at-Law which held on Dec 17?The guy is an academic general...definitely one of the men i look up to...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
@Op....There is no course that is not hard, it all depends on your area of interest. The Medicine u are clamouring dat its d hardest is even is the simplest to some folks, at least we ave pple comig out wit first class in it. That is why students are always advised to choose course that is of interest to them so dat dey will not be blaming themselves after choosig a course dat is not related to dier destiny.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fabzgrace(f): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

Are both mutually exclusive?
Didnt you go for the inaugural lecture of Prof. Osime-a prof of surgery and also a Barrister -at-Law which held on Dec 17?The guy is an academic general...definitely one of the men i look up to...

You still haven't answered my question Mr. smiley
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fabzgrace(f): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

Yes,i hv....or wait....actually,i hv friends who own some...is there something i need to know?
Ok then.
So,are you trying to say the doctors that patients consult to complain about their eyes and those that treat diseases are optometrists?
Pls tell me ooo,i need to know.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by originbm: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fabzgrace:

Ok then.
So,are you trying to say the doctors that patients consult to complain about their eyes and those that treat diseases are optometrists?
Pls tell me ooo,i need to know.

No general practitioner can practice as an eye doctor.
Which clinic have u gone to and an ordinary gp is treating ocular diseases...
Na wao...Have u seen anyone?
Only ophthalmologists and optometrists run eye clinic...
U r in Benin...Go to Faith and other eye centres and find out....
A general medical practitioner does not have the training to handle eye cases...
Its that simple....they can only refer...

If you go to a health care center and complain of eye issues,they refer u to their eyecare dept.
In that dept,only two kinds of doctors can practice their-an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fabzgrace(f): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
originbm:

No general practitioner can practice as an eye doctor.
Which clinic have u gone to and an ordinary gp is treating ocular diseases...
Na wao...Have u seen anyone?
Only ophthalmologists and optometrists run eye clinic...
U r in Benin...Go to Faith and other eye centres and find out....
A general medical practitioner does not have the training to handle eye cases...
Its that simple....they can only refer...

If you go to a health care center and complain of eye issues,they refer u to their eyecare dept.
In that dept,only two kinds of doctors can practice their-an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
Don't play dumb with me.
Hey I'm nt talking abt a general practitioner.
I'm talking about the disparity between an ophthalmologist and an optometrist .
You just said Optometrists treat diseases.
originbm:

In some optometrist eye clinics the optometrists use ophthalmologist like a technician.They just come, remove cataract and leave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! / ASUP Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.