Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (81795 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
DrHesjay:
Apart from medicine n dentistry.. is there any other course where they do continuous stuffs..
e.g in medicine unilorin,300lvl MB exam is for everything u have been doing since 200level.. That's 2yrs work.. unlike in other courses.. once u do ur semester exam, u forget d course...
Optometry cool
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by patrickkkk: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
SunqieOlaT:
angryNot sure any OAU is here... GEOLOGY nko
GEOLOGIST IN THE HOUSE I SALUTE UNA O!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Onyiridike(f): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Please, BIOCHEMISTRY has to stand out. Medical students don't do complete Biochemistry. Imagine courses like:

Enzymology

Genetic Engineering

Nutritional Biochemistry

Food Biochemistry

Drug Metabolism (Xenobiochemistry)

Plant Biochemistry (Phytochemistry)

General Mammalian Physiology

Immunology

just to mention but a few.

All for just a First Degree.

Respect every BIOCHEMIST. That Course is hell.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by qtx(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Karleb:

undecided

Ever wondered why non-computer scientists turn out to be great programmers?

It's simply because, anybody can wake up today and start writing code and might even beat you at your own game.

Summary: it takes passion to be a programmer not a four years degree.
programming dey programming dey guy, forget its not about writing little cheap stuffs and say ur a programmer o. what solution have u ever developed or what projects have you ever accomplished that is solving real life critical problem? post your links if online. its not about saying its fun, anybody can say anything obc saying something is different from doing it. it involves alot of brain work bro. and tell me also the language you work with it or better still the tools u use competently.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by fairygeh(f): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:

You must kiss him today....ehhh; you said what?...you are unavoidably absent? Eyah...he said his not around...

I will represent him...bring your face your closer
grin Do u also support that Law is a special course?
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Adwexky(m): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:

You must kiss him today....ehhh; you said what?...you are unavoidably absent? Eyah...he said his not around...

I will represent him...bring your face your closer
If it is SLAP now, you wouldn't have notice her comment.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
Adwexky:
If it is SLAP now, you wouldn't have notice her comment.

At all na...I search out for the best bruv!
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
fairygeh:

ROTFL...each time I think of Law Ene comes to my mind. Very beautiful 22years old law graduate currently serving...she put me for high jump...

If that's the requirement to finally get Kissed, oh yes it is! grin
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
fairygeh:

ROTFL...each time I think of Law Ene comes to my mind. Very beautiful 22years old law graduate currently serving...she put me for high jump...

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by kingwale1: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
firstkyn:
Medicine:
The fact that it involves human life makes it even more
challenging; it takes longer number of years than any
other course in Nigeria before they are tagged qualified as
it deals with human life, the students are compelled to
read heavy-weighted textbooks and they engage in
reading almost all the time . Passing MBBS is another ball
game and includes courses like Anatomy, Biochemistry ,
physiology, this poses a lot of worry to medical students ;
most of them even go for thanksgiving when they
eventually pass . Medicine as a course requires a lot of
commitment from the student considering the length of the
courses and examinations involved .
via: telegraph.co .uk
Chemistry:
This may sound easy and more fun when viewed from
practical sense but in a more academic sense it involves a
lot of math and physics making it more challenging to
study. It involves nomenclature, reactions , stoichiometry ,
molarity and thermochemistry and host of others .
Engineering:
As the name implies involves designing . “ Engine students
“ as they are fondly called take wide range of courses in
engineering faculty including petroleum engineering , civil
engineering , electric and electronic engineering and host
of others before they even get to the point of handling
courses specified for their department, and of course there
are lots of professional exams to go through before one is
qualified as a professional engineer to practice in Nigeria .
Law:
This requires a lot of skills and hard work. Law students
read a lot of written materials and must comprehend , and
accurately recall legal provisions and use the relevant law
in new situations. They must be able to take a logical
approach and apply knowledge to factual situations. It
also involves length of time , courses and examinations
while in school and after school before one could practice
as a professional.
via: telegraph.co .uk
Mathematics and Statistics:
At first when applying for this course , you could think it
will be easier to deal with , it will interest you to know that
abstract maths is not that easy , it is not just about being
good at calculations ; it involves estimations , calculus ,
geometrics and host of others . It is important that you
know that you may deal with calculations all through your
stay in the institution .
Architecture :
This is one of the most complex courses in faculty of
environmental sciences to study. A lot of time , people look
at it as a very easy course involving only the act of
drawing, it is important to know that it involves much
more than mere drawing and designing . On graduation
they are faced with lots of professional exams before they
are able to practice as a professional. add ur own
Agriculture 5 years with hard labour
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by fairygeh(f): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:

grin grin High jump how?lol.yaaaaay.kisses him on the forehead tongue
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by princessayesha(f): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Law....especially in ABU zaria. Somebody salute me angry angry
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Jepsy: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
op, there is one man call economics,
try it and your list will not remain the same.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
fairygeh:
grin grin High jump how?lol.yaaaaay.kisses him on the forehead tongue

At the time, was it on the fore-head you planned to kiss?

You don start abi... sad

She was not certain...getting the wrong person to have feelings for u; it's like waiting for a Ship at the Airport.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by fairygeh(f): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:

You don start abi... sad

She was not certain...getting the wrong person to have feelings for u; it's like waiting for a Ship at the Airport.
okies.gives him a deep kiss mouth to mouth cheesy
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
fairygeh:
okies.gives him a deep kiss mouth to mouth cheesy

Badt geh...to be continued! grin
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by supaslim(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
kelechiMarie:
okay
soil science is the most complex!!!
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Adwexky(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:

You don start abi... sad

Airport to far, ''it's like waiting for a Ship at the BUS-STOP''.

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by cbrass(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Samabu07:
Pls, try not to be dishonourable like our Federal Law Makers...

Why on earth did you forget to include "Physics" on that list?

So therefore its an incomplete list. You mean to say Chemistry and Maths are complex abi?

For the record; Mathematics is a language in Physics, and the application of Physics is simply Engineering. Maths made Physics easier to study. And the absence of Physics....is the non existence of Engineering as a course.

#Team_Physicist!

Lol...I remember my days in the uni, its compulsory for all chemistry student to borrow a course phy202 while we never did any of their own and som1 here is rating chemistry and leaving physics, maybe if they were asked to write the 250 D'alermbert equation, or probably do just introduction to quantum physics ten dem go knw what's up.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
Geology should be considered also Pharmacy.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sadiq3051(m): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
Architect all the way .....I rep we do it in style... Archy no b beans o
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
cbrass:

Lol...I remember my days in the uni, its compulsory for all chemistry student to borrow a course phy202 while we never did any of their own and som1 here is rating chemistry and leaving physics, maybe if they were asked to write the 250 D'alermbert equation, or probably do just introduction to quantum physics ten dem go knw what's up.cheesy

Don't mind them. Non-inclined Physics students or graduates only knew the 1st and 2nd year Physics courses...when you start mentioning ElectroMagnetic Theory, Quantum Physics, Analytic Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Solid state physics etc and I so dread this wicked course Mathematical and computational Physics...and we did plenty of Mathematical coursses for 3 good years...
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by seyi360(m): 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
All this back and forth dragging is needless. Just go back to secondary school days and remember which subjects were the hardest, it will be easy to determine which courses in the University or Poly are the hardest. Mathematics, Further maths, Physics, Chemistry and technical drawing are without mincing words the hardest subjects in secondary school. By extension, all the Uni or Poly courses revolving round these subjects are by default the hardest courses to study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samabu07(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
Adwexky:
Airport to far, ''it's like waiting for a Ship at the BUS-STOP''.

You simplified it to the barest minimum.. I rep u!
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by KenSaroWiwa: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
BukkyDan:

Hello...that is my opinion. If you think it is easier than physiology, anatomy, IP or even geography that is your business. You don't have to sound that way.

My post was about those studying it as a full time course, medical students aint taught the main biochemistry. Besides I didn't attack the OP or any other post, I only made a contribution.

I'm sorry if you all felt insulted by my earlier post, so would you all stop quoting/attacking me please..
Peace
Hello

Guess what ?

Ur irritation is making me angry angry
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by garamah: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Are these based on your view/popularity or you studied all the courses offered in Nigeria universities an picked these ones as hardest. Ask the engineering, medical, mathematical, and those that studied these your so called hardest courses if they by any means do Physics to at least 2nd year how. OK is not by mouth or number of graduates produced from a particular program that make it hard or not.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by kelechiMarie(f): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
supaslim:
soil science is the most complex!!!
ahn ahn am i soil science.Y did you quote me ,answer me or else
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by nikky5(m): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
What about stomach infrastructure. That is the hardest.
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by SwagPower: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
pishure of six hardest courses 2 study in 9ja or ADONBILIVIT.... undecided
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
Smartsyn:
Nothing is hard, until you say it is hard...

I always tell myself, if one person have ever done it successfully before.. I dey mad? Y i no go fit do it..
I wonder o, maybe he meant stressful courses..
Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by okey777(m): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
the list is not complete without veterinary medicine

1 Like

Re: Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by kevinaduga(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
goldfish80:
Am sure am going to draw a lot of flak for saying this, but I don't get the hype about law being so hard to study. I just don't get it. Tens of people I know study law from home. A pensioner living opposite my house is studying law at the Open University, he will graduate sometime next year. Earlier this year on the blogosphere, the trending news was that Ini edo and Desmond Elliot enrolled into the open University to study.... Guess what? Law!
If law was as difficult as its made out to be, retirees and nollywood folks won't even dare touch the course with a 40 ft pole.
No disrespect to lawyers and law students but am yet to see a random retiree or a celebrity going back to school to pick up a degree in medicine, engineering or say architecture.
There must be a reason for that I think.
yeah..there's a reason for old folks going back to study law and it's not because it's easy, it's because they realize the importance of law in the society.
And the fact that a person enrolls to study law in open university, or even graduates from there, doesn't make that person a lawyer. He still has to scale through law school.
It is also an established fact that the law school does not admit graduates of the open university. Thus, those peeps you mentioned that enrolled in open university to study law are on a frolic of their own. They cannot proceed to the law school and get the necessary qualification to become lawyers. It can be said that they are on a long tin!
As for me, i won't indulge in the debate of whether or not law is a difficult course of study. I believe that what matters is passion. Once you have passion for a course, you will find it interesting rather than difficult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! / Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) / How To Write An Industrial Training/siwes Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.