Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN (22469 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / CV Of Africa's youngest PH.D holder Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Screen Shot ) / Can A School Certificate Holder Register For Ican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by lalasticlala(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
A 53-year-old primary school certificate holder, Moses Olayemi, has been arraigned before an Ikeja High Court for defrauding a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

Olayemi, who was charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit felony, was alleged to have defrauded Dr Aliyu Salimon (SAN) under the pretext of conducting a National Assembly screening for a Federal Government appointment.

According to Dr Salimon, he was coerced into paying N2.5 million into a Skye Bank account, only for him to realise that he had been duped.

“I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin for an INEC case when I received a call from someone who claimed that he was the Chairman of a committee compiling the list of people to be given Federal Government appointment.

“He asked me to send my CV, which I did from a nearby cyber cafe. He then asked me to pay N150,000 for him to get security report about me,” he said.

The learned SAN, however, pointed out that after several conversations on phone, he sent N2.5 million to an account belonging to one Moses Babatunde, adding that he paid the money, believing it would help him get a better job.

“I paid the money thinking it would help me get a better job. It was after I paid the money that I was told that the job had been given to someone else,” he said.

In his own statement, the accused, Moses Olayemi, denied the accusations, adding that he never collected any money from the SAN.

“My friend, Akpan, asked me if I have a Skye Bank account but since I did not haveone, I got that of my friend Babatunde. It was when we went to withdraw the money that we were apprehended and handed over to EFCC,” he said.

The accused was denied bail by Justice Lawal Akapo on the grounds that he is a convicted criminal who jumped bail in Kano State and fled to Lagos.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/21872-how-pry-school-certificate-holder-duped-san

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by lalasticlala(m): 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Inspite of all his education he still fell for such a cheap scam.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
If it is not Africa Magic in play, that SAN nigga should be flogged.

Even my late great-grand father won't fall for a thousand naira scam any day, any time.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Princesschi(f): 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
Certificate/grades dont determine intelligence

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Arsenalholic(m): 5:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
lalasticlala:
Inspite of all his education he still feel for such a cheap scam.
I don't think being learned is a surefire bet to help detect scam.

What you know, may be a whole new experience to someone else. Now that he has fallen a victim, he has added a shot of 'scam knowledge' to his 'archive'. And next time he will defo know how to tread.

Experience is a good teacher.

23 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by rawpadgin(m): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
lalasticlala:
Inspite of all his education he still feel for such a cheap scam.
being smart has nothing to do with education

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by dainformant(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
hmmm...nawa oo
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by manutdadex(m): 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
lolz!!! If u get big eye(oju kokoro) for anytin, you wil surely fall victim of scamers!! Olee San

15 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Tee99(m): 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Greed is a great tool of motivation and You can't con an honest man. True you don't have to go to school to be wise or intelligent

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by chupcake(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Cos he is a SAN doesn't mean he can't fall for a scam.. If its that, na only people wey no go school yahoo boy go fit scam.

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
That's what happens when our education is guided by only read, cram and pass without doing something like quantitative and IQ reasoning.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by lalasticlala(m): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
chupcake:
Cos he is a SAN doesn't mean he can't fall for a scam.. If its that, na only people wey no go school yahoo boy go fit scam.
Abii
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by bustyhelen(f): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
greed .

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by englishmart(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
this is the case of a wise man dying in the backyard of a fool!
grin
My ndigbo people say "ima nke'a ima nke ozo?
Meaning "you know this one, what about the other one, do you know it too?

You can't know everything jare...

Kudos to my illiterate friend duping a senior advocate....
He has disgraced education wink .

27 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 21, 2014
Academic qualification doesn't translate to intelligence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by afamjb: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2014
oga SAN u get 2.5m u still dey look for better job.... o.k. continue.
@O.P u fit help me ask oga SAN wether im don get im money back? make I give am better job.

7 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by kliq(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
SAN falling prey to such cheap trick undecided

"Bushmeat don finally catch the hunter"

8 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by kelechiMarie(f): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
greed

1 Like

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
FrancisTony:
That's what happens when our education is guided by only read, cram and pass without doing something like quantitative and IQ reasoning.
overhauling needed. I doubt FG is big enough to kickstart it. So bad.sensible post!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by teamup: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2014
education is not everything now

win big from Nigeria promo and competitions blog http://nairapromo..com
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by iceberylin(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2014
searay:
kiss
iceberylin:
grin
teamup:
ok
kelechiMarie:
greed
dainformant:
mightysolutions:
plainmirror:
mcmukoko12:
datguru:
:::::::
onihaxy:
Ok
Rilwayne001:
grin

Nairaland WE GET MEETING BY 10PM

AT THE UNIVERSITY OF FRANCE grin

22 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by searay(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2014
kiss
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by Rilwayne001: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2014
grin
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by onihaxy: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
Strange but true!!!! .

Our friends who schooled in france. Did something like this also happens in paris?. Because here in kuvuki-land. a SAN was also duped that way in 1914

4 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by datguru: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
So in summary, a nigerian lawyer was trying to pay bribe and get a job and was scammed in the process. This kind of things don't happen here in sydney

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by mcmukoko12(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by plainmirror(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
'Common sense' is not common most times. A SAN with professional and educational pedigree fell for such cheap scam. SMH

Anyway the culprit should be reprimanded alongside the SAN for impersonation and bribery respectively. The SAN must not be spared.

Corruption and bribery is the trademark of giant of afrika.

10 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by hayoakins(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2014
common sense is not taught in schools because we were taught what to think and not HOW TO THINK undecided

1 Like

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by AKMoney1(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Only in Nigeria grin

6 Likes

Re: Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN by justi4jesu(f): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Likes seriously this is the height of it. undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC / Ican Docket Out / Justice Development And Peace Commission Where Kids Learn Under The Tree (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.