Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? (2975 Views)

Rat Poison Sales Boom In Nigeria Over Lassa Fever Fears / Lassa Fever : Rat Poison, Trap Sellers Record High Sales In Abuja / FUNAAB Says Fishes In Lagos Lagoon Poisonous, Warns Nigerians To Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by mumumugu(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Basically some poison contain expiration date and some are not

f a poison goes past its expiration date does it get more toxic or less toxic

Is a poison still harmful after the expiration date?
What does it feel like after taking poison?
Does poison becomes more poisonous after expiry date?
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by mooremedia: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
See question
but u knw say most of the questions we dey ask for NL
we fit google the answers shay.
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by holatin(m): 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
Aw
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
mooremedia:
See question
but u knw say most of the questions we dey ask for NL
we fit google the answers shay.
i feel vex vibration for ur letters. ...chill guy, u can just pass if u ain't have the time.
I was ur day?
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by mooremedia: 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
afolag:

i feel vex vibration for ur letters. ...chill guy, u can just pass if u ain't have the time.
I was ur day?

my day dey o......but the question got me thinking sha.... grin grin grin
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by PapiWata: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
For a SAFE and CHEAP rat poison, make it yourself with bread ingredients as follows.

Mix EQUAL amounts of flour, sugar and baking soda, and place portions of this mixture out where rats can get it. When they eat it, they will become bloated due to the chemical reaction of the baking soda with their stomach acids.

The digestive system of rats is different from most other mammals in that rats CANNOT burp to expel intestinal gas. This means that they will DIE when they eat the above mixture, whereas a human being, or house pet who eats the same mixture will only need to burp to relieve the gas pressure in their stomach. Also if you keep cats and they happen to eat rats killed with this method, the cats will be totally unaffected, and will not suffer any ill effects at all.

There is NO rat poison on earth that is as safe for domestic use as the above mixture. Try this idea and you will be amazed at the results. You will also have peace of mind knowing that no children or pets who accidentally consume your home made rat poison will be endangered in the slightest.
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
PapiWata:

They can fart though; an even better option for expelling waste gases.
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by PapiWata: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
charix:

They can fart though; an even better option for expelling waste gases.

I must confess that I have never put my nose up to a rats asz to ascertain whether it breaks wind, but I still suggest that you try the above poison in order to become convinced that it is highly effective in killing rats, yet perfectly safe for pets and children to consume with no ill effects.

1 Like

Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by Sanchez01: 5:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Some would believe the question is absurd but it is not; when food go bad or expire, they become more toxic, meaning something that was at a time edible has been made irrelevant. On poison, I believe it should stay the same. Ideally, poisons aren't supposed to have expiry dates.
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by mumumugu(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Are Rat Poison Still Poisonous After Its Expiring Date? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hi there, if it has an expiration date then I would say it becomes less toxic and may not kill the rats

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Someone Just Sent This To Me, Is It True / Severe Reactions On My Face / COVID-19 Update For November 24 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.