Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? (1674 Views)

I Couldn't Find Flashshare On My HTC G2 Android. / HTC G2 (Android Phone) Owners Thread / Htc G2 T-mobile Internet Manual Configuration Settings (etisalat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
How do i root my htc g2 without using a computer??.. Ive tried framroot app without success
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
is ur phone soff and is the bootloader unlocked?
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
use vroot from playstore
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
use vroot from playstore

Owk. I will give it a try.. Thanks
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
blaquemyc:
is ur phone soff and is the bootloader unlocked?

sorry, i don't understand
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
Udehpaschal1:

sorry, i don't understand
switch off ur phone then press the power key and volume down key simultaneously, ur phone will boot into bootloader. At the very top of ur screen you'll see 'locked' or 'unlocked' or 'relocked'. The next line will show S ON or S OFF.
Check it and holla back
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2014
blaquemyc:
switch off ur phone then press the power key and volume down key simultaneously, ur phone will boot into bootloader. At the very top of ur screen you'll see 'locked' or 'unlocked' or 'relocked'. The next line will show S ON or S OFF.
Check it and holla back

this WAS what i saw

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.82.0008
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot

HBOOT

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Prechy2836(m): 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Udehpaschal1:
How do i root my htc g2 without using a computer??.. Ive tried framroot app without success
Okay now follow these simple steps and thank me later works with almost all HTC's 90℅ So.... Google baidu root.apk and SuperSU.apk download both then install baidu root.apk open it and tap get root or something like dat it'll take from 45Secs to 1min then after you get success then install the SuperSU grant all the requests and you're good to go...
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by laidian(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2014
@op sorry for derailing ur topic. someone should please help me on how to root vodafone smart tab 7. thanks
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 7:41am On Nov 27, 2014
Udehpaschal1:

this WAS what i saw

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.82.0008
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot

HBOOT

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC
since you're s off then it's possible to root ur phone. Google search and download baidu root apk or vroot apk or root master apk or weaksauce apk. Any of the above mentioned apps is capable of rooting htc phones.
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 7:46am On Nov 27, 2014
after rooting and installing super user on your phone, make sure you flash a compatible cwm and do a complete backup of ur phone just incase you mess up ur phone while tweakin it
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Prechy2836:
Okay now follow these simple steps and thank me later works with almost all HTC's 90℅ So.... Google baidu root.apk and SuperSU.apk download both then install baidu root.apk open it and tap get root or something like dat it'll take from 45Secs to 1min then after you get success then install the SuperSU grant all the requests and you're good to go...

i will give this one a try... But do i need to back up anything before i go thru these process?
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2014
Prechy2836:

thanks for this... Bt do i need to do a phone backup??
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Udehpaschal1(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2014
blaquemyc:
after rooting and installing super user on your phone, make sure you flash a compatible cwm and do a complete backup of ur phone just incase you mess up ur phone while tweakin it

do i backup the fone before or after rooting?
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Prechy2836(m): 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nah after you gain root DL Flashify from play store DL your recovery.img and flash with flashify den you do your back up
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
Udehpaschal1:

do i backup the fone before or after rooting?
after rooting
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Herrmes: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
Throw it into the river
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Collinz2(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Prechy2836:
Nah after you gain root DL Flashify from play store DL your recovery.img and flash with flashify den you do your back up
waste of time, download rom manager from play store it wil help download and install cwm recovery 4 u bt select ur phone type.
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Prechy2836(m): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
Collinz2:
waste of time, download rom manager from play store it wil help download and install cwm recovery 4 u bt select ur phone type.
ROM manager is old school flashify will help you install cwm, TWRP, Phillz Touch recovery, also flash boot.img even flash ROM buh I personally have used it to flash recovery n boot.img multiple times
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Collinz2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
Prechy2836:
ROM manager is old school flashify will help you install cwm, TWRP, Phillz Touch recovery, also flash boot.img even flash ROM buh I personally have used it to flash recovery n boot.img multiple times
rom manager install the latest cwm recovery
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by Prechy2836(m): 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Collinz2:
rom manager install the latest cwm recovery
ROM manager gives you only one option (CWM) and yes flashify also installs the latest recovery be it CWM recovery TWRP Phillz etc any kind of recovery as long as its for your phone.
Re: Help Needed To Root My Htc G2? by blaquemyc: 12:01am On Nov 28, 2014
Prechy2836:
ROM manager gives you only one option (CWM) and yes flashify also installs the latest recovery be it CWM recovery TWRP Phillz etc any kind of recovery as long as its for your phone.
i think flashify is the best when compared to rom manager, used it to download and flashed latest recovery (twrp) for my phone and also used it to flash or stuffs. I'd recommend it anytime anyday

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Migrate Back To MTN ZONE???? / Konga April Fool: Time To Teach Them Some Lessons. / 'quick Charging' A Marketing Gimmick .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.