Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money (1329 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / You Must Love/marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
DO NOT MARRY FOR LOVE, MARRY FOR MONEY.
A man's wealth need not amount to millions, but enough to meet your need - whatever those needs might be. And if the money is not there yet, well, you may want to consider other factors, i.e his potential. What would you gain marrying a poor man? The misery bank?
The fact is that somewhere along the line, love will fade if and when you begin to in broke and unable to afford life's necessities. Wise men will tell you that love and financial anxiety don't mix well. Don't let religion or culture tie you down or clog your intellect. Things have changed! This is no longer your grandfather's Nigeria. After money and all the things money can buy them you can talk love.
Besides, poor men have inferiority complex. They have issues with self-image. Unless you, as a woman, are ready to work hard to support yourself and the kids, you will have a frustrating life. In many instances, when you help him gain financial stability, the chances are that he will cheat on you - or even leave you for a younger woman.
....culled from PUNCH 19-11-14

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by chibwike(m): 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
Op..what if the money finishes
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by dre11(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
Em!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Missmossy(f): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
Huh undecided What's this?
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
djmask:
DO NOT MARRY FOR LOVE, MARRY FOR MONEY.
A man's wealth need not amount to millions, but enough to meet your need - whatever those needs might be. And if the money is not there yet, well, you may want to consider other factors, i.e his potential. What would you gain marrying a poor man? The misery bank?
The fact is that somewhere along the line, love will fade if and when you begin to in broke and unable to afford life's necessities. Wise men will tell you that love and financial anxiety don't mix well. Don't let religion or culture tie you down or clog your intellect. Things have changed! This is no longer your grandfather's Nigeria. After money and all the things money can buy them you can talk love.
Besides, poor men have inferiority complex. They have issues with self-image. Unless you, as a woman, are ready to work hard to support yourself and the kids, you will have a frustrating life. In many instances, when you help him gain financial stability, the chances are that he will cheat on you - or even leave you for a younger woman.
....culled from PUNCH 19-11-14
in other words MEN should get rich or die finding wife....some men are hustling in silence waiting for the success to make the noise if you dnt hook them up now, you don miss b dat
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Missmossy:
Huh undecided What's this?
An Advice
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Yonce(f): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Just locate where money is and fall in love there.

Op that's a better advice IMO

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
chibwike:
Then both husband and wife lack business acumen

1 Like

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by chibwike(m): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
djmask:
Then both husband and wife lack business acumen
Lol
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Na guy be this?
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Best thin is to marry for the LOVe of Bleep
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Lordabas: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2014

Fall in love with a man that has money & save yourself the stress grin
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
missberrypop5:
Na guy be this?
A guy that sees the sad truth
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
djmask:
A guy that sees the sad truth
awwwwww, sad truth seeing guy. Do you know that money may or can't be permanent? I'd rather marry for love, for my days to be longer cheesy
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
are you sure op
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Agrika: 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tell them!...though money shouldn't "blind" you from assessing your partner's character before marriage...but is one of the most important ingredient that sustains a 21st Century Marriage and inaddition, ensure that the person is matured enough...someone who has integrity and loyalty as his personal watchword, someone who understands that marriage is serious bussiness and a contract between two adults....that word love eh...ain't worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2014
missberrypop5:
awwwwww, sad truth seeing guy. Do you know that money may or can't be permanent? I'd rather marry for love, for my days to be longer cheesy
Deep down in ur heart u agreed with the facts...but because of the butterfly in ur tummy u wanna choose to stick with a potentialless poor dude. Well I hope he can even to feed u, if not, those butterfly may as well abate ur stomach cos of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Charles4075(m): 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
If a relationship does not take you to the bank and altar, my sister you're a slave.. Na op talk am ohh, I use beg God una ohh..
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
djmask:
Deep down in ur heart u agreed with the facts...but because of the butterfly in ur tummy u wanna choose to stick with a potentialless poor dude. Well I hope he can even to feed u, if not, those butterfly may as well abate ur stomach cos of hunger.
a poor man today can be the wealthy man whom you'll find feeding both the rich men of today tomorrow. You can't tell me not to love a man because he's broke at the moment. The thing there is know a man with potentials, who has a dream and vision, that you know will manifest in future than ending up with a useless persons that will make life a living hell.
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by yemmit90: 12:31am On Nov 21, 2014
missberrypop5:
a poor man today can be the wealthy man whom you'll find feeding both the rich men of today tomorrow. You can't tell me not to love a man because he's broke at the moment. The thing there is know a man with potentials, who has a dream and vision, that you know will manifest in future than ending up with a useless persons that will make life a living hell.

I think op is talking about 'marriage' and not just dating.

My sister, if you're still single(though love is very important), please marry someone who have at least a steady source of income. Don't fall prey of the popular say that 'think will get better after marriage'.

Contrary to some people believe, a man can easily realize his potential while still single than when he's married. Unlike when he was single, a man dream and vision can be altered by many factors in the marriage. Infact, only a visionless lazy man will get married without considering his financial status.

So, while marrying for Love, consider other factor especially a man financial stability.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 21, 2014
yemmit90:

I think op is talking about 'marriage' and not just dating.

My sister, if you're still single(though love is very important), please marry someone who have at least a steady source of income. Don't fall prey of the popular say that 'think will get better after marriage'.

Contrary to some people believe, a man can easily realize his potential while still single than when he's married. Unlike when he was single, a man dream and vision can be altered by many factors in the marriage. Infact, only a visionless lazy man will get married without considering his financial status.

So, while marrying for Love, consider other factor especially a man financial stability.
well said. Thank you for the advice.
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:46am On Nov 21, 2014
djmask:
English = He can even to feed u

*falls from pammy tree*
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by djmask(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
English = He can even to feed u

*falls from pammy tree*
Unlike ur grade 1 teachers, mine taught me to look at the various meaning of a word before jumping to a fool's conclusion.
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
djmask:
Unlike ur grade 1 teachers, mine taught me to look at the various meaning of a word before jumping to a fool's conclusion.
funny.... huh?

Just admit the fact that u made a mistake
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by Greatomotoy: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
ok
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by omoharry(f): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
chibwike:
kick his ass and live him to start digging gold, after all they will look else where when your breast and body has slackened due to several child birth. tooth for tat grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by chibwike(m): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
omoharry:
kick his ass and live him to start digging gold, after all they will look else where when your breast and body has slackened due to several child birth. tooth for tat grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol...dear am counting on your votes tommorow in the ongoing MR NL contest..by 10am..thanks alot
Re: Do Not Marry For Love, Marry For Money by omoharry(f): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
missberrypop5:
the best advise. Don't marry a man because you have expectation of him, that he would be rich by some estimated years to come. this is because as the years goes by without this expectation turn up , my sister, frustration will start settling in.Then you will start thinking of your past suitors that had money thinking you must have made a mistake. so marry a man because of his character, prospect and and hard work. the most important thing is that he should earn a monthly salary or into a business.When this happens, you will now learn how to take life easy as it comes without any expectation that will later later sow a seed bitterness within you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys What Will You Do If??? / Advice; Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? / Should Non Virgins Play Hard To Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.