Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (39189 Views)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by nationwide1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
Bros, the Americans went viral against the BRITS and not fellow Americans. You can't compare it to this case. We are talking of Nigerians Vs Nigerians. We need to challenge rigging but by applying EVERY possible LEGITIMATE means. I for one will never back illegality, violence nor civil disobedience
Having gone through a lot of your comments on this thread, I hereby confer on you the award 'the illuminated mind.' Now I know though partisan, but you're not a blind follower. I'm impressed by your sense of history and civility. Keep it up sir!
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by katordidi(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
No treason there, striking is also a form of civil disobedience PDP is just digging up big words. Treason! And one PDP gov recently asked his supporters to kill and crush opponents at a rally. The real treason is asari dokubo threatening war if GEJ doesn't win nxt year
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by gawu1: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
High time the FG dealt with Amaechi ruthlessly. All APC members are barbarians.
Thank God that APC members are barbarians but not saTANs like the PDP. A day before yesterday Shema, the Katsina state government declared that all oppositions and their sympathizers should be beaten to dead the way cockroaches are beaten to dead. Yet, most of you JonaTHANIANS saw nothing wrong with that, but are trying hard to create scene out of this good advise from Ameachi .
Ameachi said should the election be rigged, he didn't say should his party lose the election. Saw, if PDP are not planning to rig the election why are they so worry with what Ameachi said. But let the JonaTHANIANS know now that to be fore warned is to be fore arme. So if actually the JonaTHANIANS have plans to rig the election they should have a rethinkd

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Bernou72: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Election will come and go Nigeria still remains, I do not see what any body can do to bring a drastic change to this country, its gonna be slow & steady as long as the 1999 constitution remains. where govs will move houses of assembly to hotels or govt house to sit at his will and nothing happens, as long as de judiciary & legislature depends on executive for allocation it ll still be the same, also when a speaker defect to another party in breach of the constitution & still claim to be de speaker, nothing happen etc. we r shouting GEJ GEJ GEJ, when de bring money to u to vote u ll collect & join dem, abeg make I here word.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements.
Asari Dokubo said worst than that what did they do to him? Leave matter for Mathias, no be today we don dey hear treasonable statements jare
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by gawu1: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=nwafuluozoh post=28204338]Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements. [/quot
A day before yesterday Shema, the Katsina state government declared that all oppositions and their sympathizers should be beaten to dead the way cockroaches are beaten to dead. Yet, most of you JonaTHANIANS saw nothing wrong with that, but are trying hard to create scene out of this good
advise from Ameachi .
Ameachi said should the election be rigged, he didn't say should his party lose the election. So, if PDP are not planning to rig the election why are they so worry with what Ameachi said. But let the JonaTHANIANS know now that to be fore warned is to be fore arme. So if actually the JonaTHANIANS have plans to rig the election they should have a rethinkd
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Join the biggest domestic game

NIGERIAS FEDERATIONS CUP FINALS 2014

EYIMBA VS DOLPHINS

SUN 23RD NOV 2014

NIGERIAS EL-CLASICO :

Click here :

https://www.nairaland.com/2003527/federation-cup-finals-eyimba-vs/1
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by IBROHIM: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
fr3do:
Jonathan is very mature, his calmness to rubbish from the opposition is like if he came from the 22nd century.
as if Jonathan know where he is! He doesn't even know what is going on! He is perpetually drunk as usual!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by declaro(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
ikp4succes:

War is different, this is call from the populace for the people in govt to do right by the people. The protest will stop once the govt heed to what the people want. Their stubbornness will result to even more violence and any death will be their fault. If you want a Country for your generation u have to fight for it, even if it means to die.

I see you don't understand what war means. Why you haven't died before now. You simplified it as any death will be their fault. Can you die first so that we shall follow you after your example. Stop talking about what you do not understand the way it works. The death of Abacha did not change anything in this country. He was poisoned and Nigerians were happy the very day he was announced dead, but did that change anything. I even prefer Abacha time to this day. Study our history and you will be happy man and learn how to enjoy life without government support.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Sant1m: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ameachi is on point, because Nigerians are docile Pdp has been rigging elections since 1999 and ve been getting away with it. The man who rigs is more culpable for treason than Ameachi, the only solution in my thinking is a free and fair poll and i believe Apc will congratulate Pdp if they win. The days of writting results is over, Pdp should know that there is a strong kid(apc) in the block, they should accept the needful and allow a free and fair poll,

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by DueTime(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
arresa:

Civil disobedience liberated a lot of societies all over the world and even in America today, black people have rights because they fought for it via demonstrations and civil disobedience.

Just wondering if the people who fought for those rights in the societies you mentioned had to relocate their families abroad first before starting the struggle.

Mark my words, any demonstration in Nigeria will not affect any of the family members of these politicians calling for demonstrations cos their families are already abroad or they'll soon be.

I can only view their calls as genuine if such demonstrations will be led by their children (not themselves or their adopted children).

If you've experienced war, you'll know that war is not good.

Please let's be wise!
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by gawu1: 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Equado:
r yhu a literate or an illiterate...d man called ameachi jst threatened nigeria's sovereignty and you're talking thrash...no matter his premise...he shoudnt threaten the sovereignty of this nation...Jonathan jst 2 gentle...I know many presidents that lock dis fool{amaechi} 4 a long long tym#treason
Just two days ago Shema, the Katsina state government declared that all oppositions and their sympathizers should be beaten to dead the way cockroaches are beaten to dead. Yet, most of you JonaTHANIANS saw nothing wrong with that, but are trying hard to create scene out of this good advise from Ameachi . Ameachi said should the election be rigged, he didn't say should his party lose the election. So, if PDP are not planning to rig the election why are they so worried with what Ameachi said. But let the JonaTHANIANS know now that to be fore warned is to be fore arme. So if actually the JonaTHANIANS have plans to rig the election they should have a rethink.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
declaro:

I see you don't understand what war means. Why you haven't died before now. You simplified it as any death will be their fault. Can you die first so that we shall follow you after your example. Stop talking about what you do not understand the way it works. The death of Abacha did not change anything in this country. He was poisoned and Nigerians were happy the very day he was announced dead, but did that change anything. I even prefer Abacha time to this day. Study our history and you will be happy man and learn how to enjoy life without government support.

I see you don't understand what war means. Why you haven't died before now. You simplified it as any death will be their fault. Can you die first so that we shall follow you after your example

Won't you still die, talking like if you don't die now u wont die of old age.

The death of Abacha did not change anything in this country. He was poisoned and Nigerians were happy the very day he was announced dead, but did that change anything.

Abacha was posoined by CIA..

learn how to enjoy life without government support

Am done undecided

I even prefer Abacha time to this day

now am finally done tongue
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by donmalcolm21(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.
I can't belive you made this comment," thou spirit that possessed thou, I said out".
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by gawu1: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
fr3do:
Jonathan is very mature, his calmness to rubbish from the opposition is like if he came from the 22nd century.
Jonathan is calm? Did you watch what happened at the national assembly's complex yesterday? You JonaTHANIANS are funny. No amount of your propaganda can justify his cluelessness. I have never seen a leader very un calculative like Jonathan. Every thing he does always plumb the country farther down the line. See how his foot soldiers, saTANians caused us Nation Cup qualifications!
May God salvage us from Jonathan and JonaTHANIANS.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by omoiseselagba: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Amaechi is on point!

I am Strongly For Rig and Roast!

Jonathan and shepopo must be swept away next year! Nigeria must rise again.
U DESERVE A BOTTLE OF ORIJIN.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.
I would really like to commend u for this comment
Keep it up
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Olaolufred(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin

When our peace is threatened by someone in support of ebellei ambition, it is welcomed.
but when it is rig and face the wrath, it is treason.
people are really decieving people.
goofduck had never been responsible.
every issue facing his govt are blamed on the next door neighbour. his indecision is also blamed on the sky.
boko haram and mend stood by theor attacks, while the man i thumb printed for in 2011will never accept responsibility for indecision, foot-dragging and politicising everything to win sympathy.
i made mistake by falling for " i had no shoe" mantra.
forget, politicising our security to gain sympathy has failed. you politicised boko haram and nutured them to become a monster. now it is out of your control because your security contractors and you are using it to rake in billions on naira since 2012's close to a trillion naira budgets on security.
i think your inaction that led us into this mess is a treason against our sovereignty as a nation.
i cant understand how you will solve it now because enough cluelessness had been displayed.
solution will be by a fresh brain.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by jumu: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
we all know that gej can not win free and faire election. he as lost is surporter
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by ndcide(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:

I don't believe you don't subscribe to election rigging.

how can you say so when you believe a state or region will be won by a party simply because they are in power. that's rigging mentality.

you have that mindset. that's rigging mindset of politicians.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by CzarChris(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
maestroferddi:
All these garrulous elements making seditious statements should be known for who they are - enemies of Nigeria.

How can democracy thrive when some undesirable elements show by their utterances that they are uncomfortable with liberty and propriety?

A government that resolved to guarantee civil and press liberties is being pushed to adopt repressive measures to muzzle malcontents bent on engendering civil disobedience.

We are not ready for democracy. Shikena.
Bros, you've said it all, Nigeria, infact Africa as a whole is not ready for democracy. It's sad, but that's just the hard truth.
We need to sit and formulate a form of government that works for us in this part of the world. As for this our experiment with democracy imported from the West and Europe, its a monumental failure.
But truth be told Amechi should be arrested for treason, cos his statement also silently links the APC brand of opposition to the unrest we are currently facing in this country. My personal opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
ndcide:

I don't believe you don't subscribe to election rigging.

how can you say so when you believe a state or region will be won by a party simply because they are in power. that's rigging mentality.

you have that mindset. that's rigging mindset of politicians.
When did I tell you the emboldened?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
CzarChris:
Bros, you've said it all, Nigeria, infact Africa as a whole is not ready for democracy. It's sad, but that's just the hard truth.
We need to sit and formulate a form of government that works for us in this part of the world. As for this our experiment with democracy imported from the West and Europe, its a monumental failure.
But truth be told Amechi should be arrested for treason, cos his statement also silently links the APC brand of opposition to the unrest we are currently facing in this country. My personal opinion though.

Will the Kastina Govenor and Dokubo be arrested too or they are immune like Alamseigyha... undecided ?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by thunder74(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
Why are we deceiving ourselves? APC is heating up everything, before Edo Election they said they have uncovered PDP's plan to rig election, even on the election day, Oshiomole promised to reject the results but as soon as he was declared winner, he went mute.

The same thing in Osun, but when they lost in Ekiti, stomach infrastructure disappearing ink surfaced but nobody hear anything when they won Osun election conducted by the same PDP. APC definition of rigging is when they lost an election but when they win, it is free and fair and democracy in action.

I was in support of APC but the moment I understand their tantrums, I changed, I can't be used by any selfish Nigerian. I even deleted many of them from my twitter account, when I can't tolerate their propaganda. My vision is to support the government when they do well and criticise them when they fail, whether APC or PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by ndcide(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sant1m:
Ameachi is on point, because Nigerians are docile Pdp has been rigging elections since 1999 and ve been getting away with it. The man who rigs is more culpable for treason than Ameachi, the only solution in my thinking is a free and fair poll and i believe Apc will congratulate Pdp if they win. The days of writting results is over, Pdp should know that there is a strong kid(apc) in the block, they should accept the needful and allow a free and fair poll,

give me an instance APC congratulated PDP after the polls. if you think APC & their constituent parties have never written results then you are dumb
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Missonas(f): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
Party politics killing Nigeria since inception.Even credible leaders have fallen prey to this bleeped up political setting.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by JurassicPark: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
banki:
tompolo threatened the president and the president tactfully ran away.....
that wasn't treasonable

Tompolo kidnapped journalists publicly nothing happened.... and yet they are harassing amechi

So are you now equating the office Amaechi holds to that of Tompolo if at all he holds any office?

Amaechi is under a leadership mandate, he should esteem that office he's holding at least for those who put him there

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Jsaviour(f): 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
whether APC likes it or not, Jonathan will win d 2015 elections, not because he is so perfect or good but because there is no other option. he will win it without even rigging d elections; but i know d hungry for power APC will not accept it wen it happens but d people i am pitying r those that will b used to cause that havoc they're planning, those mumu youths that will b pushed to d front to go n die why they send their children abroad to safety. my fellow youths wen r we going to learn not to b used n dumped, if at all there will b any part of u left to b dumped cos some will b f sacrificial lambs. pls don't b used to wreck havocs but just cast ur vote n allow Gods will to b done. PDP is not d best or gud enough for Nigeria but APC is a group of violent, frustrated, desperate n above all filled with All Past Confused leaders. Anyway may God help us as we watch as 2015 unfolds
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by chukwumafabian(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin
pls is asari dokubo and amaechi on the same level?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by rumours: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
banki:
tompolo threatened the president and the president tactfully ran away.....
that wasn't treasonable

Tompolo kidnapped journalists publicly nothing happened.... and yet they are harassing amechi

I want to believe you are right and those pple are in Amechi's class. Amechi should have been a militant rather than a governor. We wouldn't have been taking his comments serious. He is so careless with utterances. I am sure these things will become handy evidence when the chips are down. Let him prepared...
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by jaytee01(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ayed44:
what is APC's definition of rigging?
We all know that whenever APC loose an election, they will scream the election is rigged. You may go and check their reactions to the governorship elections held in Ondo, anambra and ekiti states. What about the senatorial re-run elections in delta and niger states. They have a history of rejecting election results.
And is it the PDP that has a history of accepting election results in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo / Atiku's "Absence" Causing Tensed Moments As Elections Draw Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.