Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. (732 Views)

"Welcome To Nigeria" Trending On Twitter (pictures Of The Hilarious Tweets) / Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Diffdeef(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
I believe the first time you signed up for a twitter account & your account was finally set for you to run,initially you will look clueless seeing (0 Tweets,0 following,0 followers.) like where do I start? Well as a novice,most people start following celebrities,it's funny that's always the first thing a twitter novice does,which of course those celebrities don't follow back and they don't even attract followers to you. So if you're having problems gaining followers or you're losing the ones you even got. Check out these 5 reasons that could probably be the cause & I suggest you work on them.

1. Twitter's Bio: this is where you tell whoever is viewing your profile who you are,like if you are a programmer or a producer whatever it is that you do,let people see your personality,I see people with no bio,some with few words on their bio,some are irrelevant,So you need to check out what's on your Bio and work on it.

2. Profile Picture: This really matters a lot,this is what attracts people immediately they come across your account,for novice,please try to avoid having twitter's default avatar. (looks like an egg) because if you still have this default avatar it would mean you've automatically lost the trust of whoever looks at your profile figuring out if to follow you or not. Imagine as your twitter bio defines your personality,Maybe you were trying to tell people you're a producer and you're having an egg as a profile picture? Sucks! And for those who already have a profile picture,make sure your face is close up (visible) or next time take a close shot.

3: Tweeting too much: there're different types of "serial tweeters" The ones that once a week posts everything he/she should have posted through out the week. The ones that constantly retweet almost everything (both relevant and irrelevant) The ones that chat/converse with friends a lot which every second their irrelevant (probably isn't your business) tweets pop up. Ask yourself,why would someone follow you just to read your tweets with some random friends? Minimize your conversations,try to avoid arguments.

4. You Seldom Tweet: this is just the opposite of reason no.3. You need not to tweet too little nor too much. So in order to gain followers,you need to be there,participate,share,keep your timeline updated,chat etc. Ask yourself,why would someone follow you when your last tweet was 20 days ago? Really? Follow you? Keep your tweets in check.

5. You don't follow: this could also be a problem,you need to follow because you're not some celebrity,you need to start catching people's attention that you exist,for those of you that knows how twitter works,the more you follow the more attention you will get,because your account could be seen by anyone who views "the followers" of the account you followed,but don't follow too much,it sucks if the people you follow are more than your followers or when your "followers" is way far bigger than your following,it's a turn off. It shows you don't normally follow back And finally always try to follow whoever follows you back if you feel like.

I hope this helps for those that find it hard to gain followers,so log in now and work things out! Twitter is a strong tool,necessary.
Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Superstar007(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Twitter is so boring!!
but its good though, it helps you to learn how to summarize and get straight to the point.
Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Diffdeef(m): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2014
Superstar007:
Twitter is so boring!!
but its good though, it helps you to learn how to summarize and get straight to the point.
it's boring because it really isn't an instant messaging platform,although it's not boring to me like I use the direct messaging a lot but if you wanna solely chat,I suggest you use bbm,whatsapp etc..
Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Superstar007(m): 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
Diffdeef:
it's boring because it really isn't an instant messaging platform,although it's not boring to me like I use the direct messaging a lot but if you wanna solely chat,I suggest you use bbm,whatsapp etc..

I don't often chat so instant messaging is not an issue to me. I prefer sites where I can read and guage people's opinions on issues and also learn from them, that's why I like sites like reddits, Nairaland, etc. Twitter kind of fits into this category, only that what made me lose interest in it for instance are the trending feature is always full of shit, you see hash tags like #babybeminebyapkororo da fuq is that? People always trying to promote their shit and when it finally trends most people don't post stuff related to it and then the annoying questions wizkid or davido, rice or beans? etc. Letme me not get started on those that want followers by force, they keep retweeting silly stuffs and DM you the same thing and other BS.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by amichaelz101(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mk twirrer dey hin lane first
Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Diffdeef(m): 7:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Superstar007:

I don't often chat so instant messaging is not an issue to me. I prefer sites where I can read and guage people's opinions on issues and also learn from them, that's why I like sites like reddits, Nairaland, etc. Twitter kind of fits into this category, only that what made me lose interest in it for instance are the trending feature is always full of shit, you see hash tags like #babybeminebyapkororo da fuq is that? People always trying to promote their shit and when it finally trends most people don't post stuff related to it and then the annoying questions wizkid or davido, rice or beans? etc. Letme me not get started on those that want followers by force, they keep retweeting silly stuffs and DM you the same thing and other BS.
you're seeing all those posts cos you're still following them,always unfollow any account you dislike.
Re: 5 Reasons You Probably Have Little Or No Followers On Twitter. by Superstar007(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2014
Diffdeef:
you're seeing all those posts cos you're still following them,always unfollow any account you dislike.

Yeah. That's what I do.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your House-to-House Visitation Experiences As Kids During Christmas / New Year Resolution / How Do I Hit FTC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.