Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion (2715 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion / Fifa Slams Nigeria's Uche For Homophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:56am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Like I said, are we talking friendly? undecided

Na today, men dey lose scandalously 4 friendly only to win trophies? tongue

The team no win Olympics? angry Guy, why are comparing friendlies to disqualification or being knocked out by Congolese & South Africa not forgetting the trashing sudan gave your Keshi-led team... grin

Why this excuse? shocked South Africa came to our land, you talking poor conditions! Really? Who suppose shame pass, angry you or keshi or players?
[b]Do you think the ghettos are not filled with bright talents who can make a difference in this country? With poor conditions and tools, a bright talent can look ordinary.

It is not magic. Look at the South African league. Look at their management structure of their FA. They bring in football legends to educate their local players and coaches. Despite they have been poor lately, the work is bearing fruits.

Coach Keshi has overachieved based on the conditions and talent. He dropped Yobo from the team and all hell was let lose.

Coach Shakes Mashaba of the South African side dropped the Countries star player and you do not get their FA members and ex players complaining.

Do you tink the South African Coach will be owed for a week. I think Coach Keshi was owed up to seven months.

Remember during the termination of the team, some players cried and were frustrated. They were punished for winning a math 3-1.

Talk of motivation. Our problem is not Coach Keshi but the NFF. Their saga fiasco and sacking of the NFF was detrimental to the team.[/b]
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 1:58am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Let me explain myself. I like a dynamic developing team. Look at Man City for instance. You see changes in the team every year. Last season, Fernandinho, Demeichelis, Negredo, Navas helped the team. This season, Fernando, Mangala have been added. Next season you will see more.

In Coach Keshi's team, you constantly see him inviting new players to keep on building the team. I believe the static approach to the Kanu, Okocha Super Eagles made the most talent Super Eagles team go trophy less.

So you talked about the Clamour of Okocha's return as a player, not coach.

It goes against the dynamic philosophy. The likes of Oruma, Ebiede, never got a chance because our team was static for many years. A little dynamism and competition in roles would have helped.

Are you saying we lost out in major tournaments due to static approach in team selection? undecided Really? shocked Tell me players wey for bench these guys then! angry

It seems you don't like Okocha @ all, I see now... grin

As for Man City, they are a disgrace to European football and so called best league... angry grin

See as dem yeye demselves against CSKA Moscow... grin --- Forget those red cards oh, no try dat thing! angry
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:01am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Do you think the ghettos are not filled with bright talents who can make a difference in this country? With poor conditions and tools, a bright talent can look ordinary.

It is not magic. Look at the South African league. Look at their management structure of their FA. They bring in football legends to educate their local players and coaches. Despite they have been poor lately, the work is bearing fruits.

Coach Keshi has overachieved based on the conditions and talent. He dropped Yobo from the team and all hell was let lose.

Coach Shakes Mashaba of the South African side dropped the Countries star player and you do not get their FA members and ex players complaining.

Do you tink the South African Coach will be owed for a week. I think Coach Keshi was owed up to seven months.

Remember during the termination of the team, some players cried and were frustrated. They were punished for winning a math 3-1.

Talk of motivation. Our problem is not Coach Keshi but the NFF. Their saga fiasco and sacking of the NFF was detrimental to the team.[/b]

I don't know where you get your information from, but its not possible to owe Keshi 7 months... shocked

All these excuses doesn't still explain why Nigeria isn't going to Nations Cup... tongue
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:05am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Like I said, are we talking friendly? undecided

Na today, men dey lose scandalously 4 friendly only to win trophies? tongue

The team no win Olympics? angry Guy, why are comparing friendlies to disqualification or being knocked out by Congolese & South Africa not forgetting the trashing sudan gave your Keshi-led team... grin

Why this excuse? shocked South Africa came to our land, you talking poor conditions! Really? Who suppose shame pass, angry you or keshi or players?
Super Talents losing 4-0 to a mediocre side shows football is unpredictable and a good coach can not be judged on results alone.

By the way, the greats, Kanu, Finidi, Okocha and co., lost 3-1 to Paraguay and 4-1 to Denmark. It is not only friendly. These were raw Super Stars. Up there with the best of their time. Taribo was voted best defender in the Serie A. Finidi was rated as the best winger in the world. Higher than David Beckham. Kanu was in the top ten best players in the World in 1996. Ikpeba was the Ligue 1 of France highest goal scorer.

These guys could lose. Coach Keshi has done well. We might not have qualified but the way he transformed the team from their poor form in the first three matches to a team that scored 7 goals in the last three amtces is not clueless.
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:05am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Shola Amoebi, had something to offer. Remember the Italy Match. The NFF wanted Coach Keshi to go with foreign professionals. So he put together a team in a short time. Ameobi's experience was important to the team. Only him and Mikel are the Super Eagles players who have been in top flight football for long. It is more than a pitch thing.

As for his salary, I think there is a pay as you we in arrangement.

Honestly, if I under-estimated you at 1st, having read this, I don't know what else to say... shocked

Really! Ameobi had something to offer after scoring just 3 goals in 2 seasons? lipsrsealed shocked angry

I guess Uche had nothing to offer but groundnuts! angry
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:09am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

I don't know where you get your information from, but its not possible to owe Keshi 7 months... shocked

All these excuses doesn't still explain why Nigeria isn't going to Nations Cup... tongue
[b]Nigeria owe Keshi five months' pay

However, the ex-Super Eagles captain has not made an official complaint.

And the Nigerian Football Federation has told BBC Sport that the situation is "under control".
"Between the federation and the coaching crew, we don't have a problem," said NFF general secretary general Musa Amadu.

"We've been working together with Stephen Keshi since November 2011 and he knows the peculiar situation [financial problems] of how things are with the federation.
"We try as much as possible to pay our obligations, likewise the coach, and we've had a very good working relationship.
"I know the coach will not bring to the fore any such matters," he added.

The NFF, which is in in serious financial difficulty, also owes money to assistant coach Daniel Amokachi and goalkeeper trainer Ike Shorunmu.

As of July 16 2013, he was owed for five months. I can not remember how long it lasted.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23197878.app
[/b]
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:09am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Super Talents losing 4-0 to a mediocre side shows football is unpredictable and a good coach can not be judged on results alone.

By the way, the greats, Kanu, Finidi, Okocha and co., lost 3-1 to Paraguay and 4-1 to Denmark. It is not only friendly. These were raw Super Stars. Up there with the best of their time. Taribo was voted best defender in the Serie A. Finidi was rated as the best winger in the world. Higher than David Beckham. Kanu was in the top ten best players in the World in 1996. Ikpeba was the Ligue 1 of France highest goal scorer.

These guys could lose. Coach Keshi has done well. We might not have qualified but the way he transformed the team from their poor form in the first three matches to a team that scored 7 goals in the last three amtces is not clueless.

All you said about those legends are true but you justifying Keshi's incompetence is still bogus... angry

If I may ask you, whose fault is it? lipsrsealed
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:12am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Honestly, if I under-estimated you at 1st, having read this, I don't know what else to say... shocked

Really! Ameobi had something to offer after scoring just 3 goals in 2 seasons? lipsrsealed shocked angry

I guess Uche had nothing to offer but groundnuts! angry
Do you think the board of Newcastle FC are stupid? He is one of the longest serving premier league players, since the time of Bobby Robson.

There is more to player than goals. Coach Keshi even talked about the motivational work he does in camp and during games.
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:13am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

All you said about those legends are true but you justifying Keshi's incompetence is still bogus... angry

If I may ask you, whose fault is it? lipsrsealed
Give a man good conditions and judge him. Mourinho complained about the squad and the changes he wanted were given.

You can not give a man terrible conditions and blame him for failure.

The faults lies on the NFF.
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:13am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Nigeria owe Keshi five months' pay

However, the ex-Super Eagles captain has not made an official complaint.

And the Nigerian Football Federation has told BBC Sport that the situation is "under control".
"Between the federation and the coaching crew, we don't have a problem," said NFF general secretary general Musa Amadu.

"We've been working together with Stephen Keshi since November 2011 and he knows the peculiar situation [financial problems] of how things are with the federation.
"We try as much as possible to pay our obligations, likewise the coach, and we've had a very good working relationship.
"I know the coach will not bring to the fore any such matters," he added.

The NFF, which is in in serious financial difficulty, also owes money to assistant coach Daniel Amokachi and goalkeeper trainer Ike Shorunmu.

As of July 16 2013, he was owed for five months. I can not remember how long it lasted.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23197878.app
[/b]

Like the NFF said, he knows the terms, you know what? Keshi won't spend his kobo on anything cos NFF is responsible for financing it, And more so, Do you know how much he is paid? Do anybody deserves that much n still producing nothing... angry

Giant of Africa!!! Are we really? angry grin
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:15am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Do you think the board of Newcastle FC are stupid? He is one of the longest serving premier league players, since the time of Bobby Robson.

There is more to player than goals. Coach Keshi even talked about the motivational work he does in camp and during games.

Do you know how many assists he has in 2 seasons? tongue

Nil! grin

Tell me another story, you no dey tire ni. See I don't support lies... angry
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:16am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Like the NFF said, he knows the terms, you know what? Keshi won't spend his kobo on anything cos NFF is responsible for financing it, And more so, Do you know how much he is paid? Do anybody deserves that much n still producing nothing... angry

Giant of Africa!!! Are we really? angry grin

It seems you have forgotten that they were coaches paid three times more than Coach Keshi and worked in better conditions and still performed worse than Coach Keshi. Coach Keshi has been the best performing Coach since Coach Clemens Westerhof and you can say he is producing nothing.
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:17am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Give a man good conditions and judge him. Mourinho complained about the squad and the changes he wanted were given.

You can not give a man terrible conditions and blame him for failure.

The faults lies on the NFF.

Are you comparing Keshi to Mourinho? shocked grin

Blaming only NFF isn't enough... tongue
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:19am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It seems you have forgotten that they were coaches paid three times more than Coach Keshi and worked in better conditions and still performed worse than Coach Keshi. Coach Keshi has been the best performing Coach since Coach Clemens Westerhof and you can say he is producing nothing.

Please, prove your last statement! angry
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Do you know how many assists he has in 2 seasons? tongue

Nil! grin

Tell me another story, you no dey tire ni. See I don't support lies... angry
Can you point out the lies about Shola Ameobi?

Is it that he was not a Newcastle player last season?

Or he did not play under Sir Bobby Robson?

Or he does not motivate players during games?
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:21am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Please, prove your last statement! angry
In contrast, Lagerback got 45 Million Naira per month. Before him, Berti Vogts got 15 Million Naira ($100,000) per month. Yet none of the two foreign coaches performed as well with our national teams as Nigeria's indigenous coaches: Keshi, Eguavoen, Amodu and Siasia
http://saharareporters.com/2010/08/14/employment-contract-super-eagles-coach-samson-siasia-treated-disdain
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:22am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Are you comparing Keshi to Mourinho? shocked grin

Blaming only NFF isn't enough... tongue
Where did I compare Coach Keshi to Mourinho. By the way, do you think Mourinho can work in these Nigerian conditions?
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:29am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Where did I compare Coach Keshi to Mourinho. By the way, do you think Mourinho can work in these Nigerian conditions?

Smh... grin grin grin

The question should be can Keshi work with the Chelsea team under a superb condition? angry

Na Relegate be that na! grin --- At least Mourinho didn't win any trophy n still qualified for UCL but its unbelievable you are defending Keshi to this extent of saying if Mourinho can't do it why should keshi! shocked lipsrsealed

I reserve my case... grin
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2014
coded01:

Smh... grin grin grin

The question should be can Keshi work with the Chelsea team under a superb condition? angry

Na Relegate be that na! grin --- At least Mourinho didn't win any trophy n still qualified for UCL but its unbelievable you are defending Keshi to this extent of saying if Mourinho can't do it why should keshi! shocked lipsrsealed

I reserve my case... grin
I said, give someone a good condition to work. For instance, Mourinho complained about his players and said that was why he was not performing up to his standard.
Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by coded01: 2:38am On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I said, give someone a good condition to work. For instance, Mourinho complained about his players and said that was why he was not performing up to his standard.

I hear you Sir... grin

Oga, we get Arsenal vs Man Utd today, make we go sleep Abeg.. grin

I know one team is going down sha... grin --- But the venues don tire me sef, everytime na party 4 there! tongue grin

Nice chatting with you... wink

1 Like

Re: Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion by Goke7: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
A team that win the World Cup, Spain, crashed out in then first rounds. With some of the best players football ever saw. Xavi, Silva, Iniesta, Alba, Xabi Alonso. Does that mean Coach Del Bosque can not read a match?

Please, we played well in that game. We had the chances, strikers missed. Aluko was in the right place to score, if not, Uche's shot would have been another miss.

Stop saying we have players. We do not. Aluko has only played 5 games at Hull City. That is how bad our talent pool is.

Coach Keshi worked hard. [b]He was criticised for calling up Aaron Samuel. Now he is criticised for not starting him.

Coach Keshi did a wonderful job. He got his tactics right but the strikers could not bury the goals.

The defenders can blame fitness. The attackers were the culprits not Coach Keshi.[/b]

@the bolded, that is how funny we are as a nation, we don't know what we want, thank God we all saw the magic that uche did for us. The Aaron samuel of a guy was a better player than uche but Nigerians said chinco product no de last abi spanish product no de last too? Keshi knew the players that could do the business for Nigeria but because of his reinstatement as coach he bowed to pressure to use uche for 90mins in the congo and south african games. [This is where I hold keshi responsible, he should have been more daring like the way he used michael babatunde at the world cup against all odds]. uche and emenike had no business playing in the second half against south africa but keshi bowed to pressure when it matters most.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Mali. WAFU Cup / Curvy Ivory Coast Lady Dancing And Celebrating Their AFCON Win Over Nigeria / Childhood Photos Of Famous Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.