Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days (46992 Views)

Brother To Flavour's Babymama Sandra Okagbue Blasts Him For Messing With Her Pre / Big Congrats! Brymo Proudly Shows Off His Pregnant Babymama / I Am Still A Virgin - Flavour Claims. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2014
“Music artists can have a distribution deal with a record company and still come to Alaba market. If they have a recorded album, they want to be marketed and we are the market. What we offer to pay depends on the artist. If it is an established artist, we could pay up to 60 million naira (US$380,000) for a three-year contract. If it is an unestablished artist, we might offer them 1 million naira ($6,330) since we are taking a risk and don’t know if the market will accept them. The minimum CD run we do is 10,000 copies, but a big Nigerian artist can easily sell 10 million CDs in a week. “If you didn’t sell many copies of your CD and you still see it for sale in shops around the market, you will know that it is being pirated. You would go up to the trader selling your CD and say, ‘I have not been selling this song for the last week, where did you get your CDs from?’ The guy would be, like, ‘I bought it from that particular shop.’

Then you would go to that shop and ask the same question until you found the source. So, it is easier for a man who is in the market to notice if a CD is being pirated than for a man in an office somewhere. Even if someone starts pirating your CD from outside the market, they would still have to come here to sell it because this is where all of the business for West Africa is done.”

http://www.colorsmagazine.com/stories/magazine/85/story/alaba-piracy-industry

2 Likes

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by caprini1: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2014
Justcash:

I've been blasting it for 2 days consistently. I don't know of 1million sold records, but I know that hustling IGBO men would likely buy the CD and blast it than sit to look for where to download it.

My favorite is Dance and Orinado.
very correct.......says my bros in onitsha,Aba,Ladipo market,Alaba market and trade fair complex.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2014
Africa is enjoying a financial boom,with Nigeria leading the way. The economy of the continent’s most populous country grew 15-fold during the first decade of the new millennium, continuing strongly into the second. is progress mirrored by that of its music industry. There is no shortage of talent, so why isn’t the Nigerian music industry raking in the big-bucks?

It Nigerian music enjoys myriad influences, called-upon by the country’s current leading-lights. Twin-brother duo P-Square lead the way on the RandB scene; their latest album The Invasion selling a million copies in four days.

Singer-songwriter D'banj has produced four successful albums with Don Jazzy, and won three producer of the year awards. Internationally successful, he signed with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music in 2011.

2face Idibia has also won much acclaim, including Best Male and Artist of the Year at the 2010 MTV African Music Awards. He has had five successful studio albums, and will perform at London’s Forum this December.

Economic success brings opportunities for the entertainment industry, but also challenges for those at its forefront.

http://www.africanbusinessreview.co.za/leadership/609/s-booming-economy-is-music-to-the-ears

HATERS CAN VISIT THE LINK PLS AND STOP HATING
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by logica(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

CAN YOU PEOPLE MAKE ANY CONTRIBUTION WITHOUT ATTACHING TRIBE TO IT.......

HATE BEING IN THE SAME COUNTRY WITH THESE PEOPLE O!!!!

EVERYTHING IS TRIBE TO YOU MORONS.
You are asking for a bit much. By the way, stop typing in caps.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by caprini1: 9:06am On Nov 21, 2014
Linus4get:
i dont think this is possible in Nigerian market for now! Hit the like button if u are with me.
Everything good is possible in the Nigerian Market.....join the success train.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Fayrouzz(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2014
Only if Flavor and Brymo wie rappers, I would have been expecting some diss tracks..

Mehn!!

I love diss jams.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by pearlemerald(f): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2014
Watt ever rocks der boat iz defintely none of ma bisness
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by alingo4life: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2014
Brymo was obviously on cheap weed when he was writing this.he shld have known whatever he said would have being termed as hating on flavour even though it was an attack on obiano.he shld have just kept he's mouth shut..but obiano can lie ohhhhh. Chai.there is god ohh.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2014
squaddy:
Nothing new here peeps,it's just a pained ofe-nma-nu hating on an nwa-afor success. It's no news

A pained ofe nmanu wow considering we buy flavor album.

When will you folks stop tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

shut up your mind, you are nothing but a tribal bigot.

I have many Igbo friends with Igbo friends with many Yoruba friends and we love each other. so if I criticize my friend now because I am Yoruba means I am a hater or all yorubas are haters. boy your life sucks.

boy every time you look in the mirror you are looking at one of the major problem we have in this country.

dont insult me, there is a thin line between criticism and jealousy...brymo is an unknown artiste and he is not even a marketer or a distributor, why is he apologizing, stupppid fellow like you

dont think that your igbo friends trust you, they are just toloreting you thats all...it hurts but the truth must be told
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

dont insult me, there is a thin line between criticism and jealousy...brymo is an unknown artiste and he is not even a marketer or a distributor, why is he apologizing, stupppid fellow like you

dont think that your igbo friends trust you, they are just toloreting you thats all...it hurts but the truth must be told

wow they are tolerating me......

why are you hell bent on spreading hate.

how are you different from book haram?
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

eyaaaa sorry poverty is really a disease of the mind.

LIE MUHAMMED, IS RANGE ROVER A TAXI IN YOUR SO CALLED ELDORADO....RICH MAN, YOU SAY 14 MILLION NAIRA IS COMMON, MAYBE YOU ARE STILL IN YOUR PARENTS HOUSE

WHERE IS RANGE ROVER A TAXI IN NIGERIA OR AFRICA...MAYBE IN YOUR DREAMS

SON, LEARN HOW TO GROW UP
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

FYI he said nothig that concerns flavor. what he said has to do with a marketer spreading falsehood.

sometimes I wish I do not have to share a country with you folks.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

wow they are tolerating me......

why are you hell bent on spreading hate.

how are you different from book haram?

Tolorating you doesnt mean they hate you, you tolerate somebody before it graduate to trust, from trust to love

do you have logical reasoning at all

pls son grow up
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

LIE MUHAMMED, IS RANGE ROVER A TAXI IN YOUR SO CALLED ELDORADO....RICH MAN, YOU SAY 14 MILLION NAIRA IS COMMON, MAYBE YOU ARE STILL IN YOUR PARENTS HOUSE

WHERE IS RANGE ROVER A TAXI IN NIGERIA OR AFRICA...MAYBE IN YOUR DREAMS

SON, LEARN HOW TO GROW UP

you are obviously a slowpoke, just lie obiano you can lie for Africa and twist words. who said range rover is use as a taxi?

boy your life sucks.

tribalism kills faster than ebola. keep it up.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by logica(m): 9:23am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

A pained ofe nmanu wow considering we buy flavor album.

When will you folks stop tribalism.
I think they will stop when you actually take them serious; and stop patronizing them (as in stop buying their music or from their shops).
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

Tolorating you doesnt mean they hate you, you tolerate somebody before it graduate to trust, from trust to love

do you have logical reasoning at all

pls son grow up

see this animal o!!!! I said my I have Igbo friends that we love each other and Igbo friends with yorubas friends that love each ther.....

you came back to tell me they are just tolerating me........

now you have changed it to from tolerate it leads to trust and so on....

you are definitely an obiano marketer..... telling lies is in your blood.

you need a life.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:26am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

FYI he said nothig that concerns flavor. what he said has to do with a marketer spreading falsehood.

sometimes I wish I do not have to share a country with you folks.

That is the problem with you folks, how can you categorically say that the marketer is spreading falsehood, are you a marketer, are you his inentory manager, are you his sales manager

if your obaino music staff, you are in position to refute his claim but if you are none of thes, it then mean that you are basically deluded

how can you stay there and assumes that somebody is spreading falsehood without backing it up

Its like when your neighbour tells you that he has a trillion in his account, you say his spreading falsehood without been his banker or insurer or his valuer

The way you people reasons sometime is terrible

You think that if you cant make it then everybody cant make it

Change your orientation, impossibility is nothing and nothing is impossible

I AM DONE WITH PESSIMIST LIKE YOU...I AM AN OPTIMIST
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:27am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

see this animal o!!!! I said my I have Igbo friends that we love each other and Igbo friends with yorubas friends that love each ther.....

you came back to tell me they are just tolerating me........

now you have changed it to from tolerate it leads to trust and so on....

you are definitely an obiano marketer..... telling lies is in your blood.

you need a life.

OH I SEE, YOU "LOVE THEM" AND THEY "LOVE YOU"

carry on with your love nwantiti lol

nwa enwe
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2014
sheby na you talk say 14 million range rover common abi? maybe your papa get 10 of them

oh you don change mouth again

lol
NewNigeriaMind:

you are obviously a slowpoke, just lie obiano you can lie for Africa and twist words. who said range rover is use as a taxi?

boy your life sucks.

tribalism kills faster than ebola. keep it up.

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

That is the problem with you folks, how can you categorically say that the marketer is spreading falsehood, are you a marketer, are you his inentory manager, are you his sales manager

if your obaino music staff, you are in position to refute his claim but if you are none of thes, it then mean that you are basically deluded

how can you stay there and assumes that somebody is spreading falsehood without backing it up

Its like when your neighbour tells you that he has a trillion in his account, you say his spreading falsehood without been his banker or insurer or his valuer

The way you people reasons sometime is terrible

You think that if you cant make it then everybody cant make it

Change your orientation, impossibility is nothing and nothing is impossible

I AM DONE WITH PESSIMIST LIKE YOU...I AM AN OPTIMIST

hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin see this ngbeke said he is an optimist...... go check the meaning of the word.

with tribalism running marathon in your blood I doubt if you have ever being optimist in your life or have ever had a positive outlook to life.

Brymo is in the industry, he made a claim what Obaino is peddling is a lie, you are here asking me how that is possible.

I am sure Olamide wizkid would have sold like 5 million copies now going by the same assertions.

yeah least I forget, I actually have over 50 million in my account, that you can bet your life on. believe whatever rocks your boat but don't always put tribe in every argument.

STOP THE TRIBALISM.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2014
caprini1:
Everything good is possible in the Nigerian Market.....join the success train.

That is what i have been telling these haters and drag him down people, why must they be negative....

I wonder who keeps their types as friends...they will infect you with their negativity

i so much believe that good things in Nigeria space, if you believe you achieve

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:34am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:
sheby na you talk say 14 million range rover common abi? maybe your papa get 10 of them

oh you don change mouth again

lol

SO IF I SAY A CAR IS COMMON MEANS IT IS USED AS A TAXI. you are the one that added taxi to it I didn't say that....

poverty and tribalism is killing you o!!!

wooo your life sucks abeggy..... bye
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2014
if the sell 10 billion copies, i am not in position to refute that because i do not have data to back it up, I am not their agent nor their distribution channel partner, you you are just plainly and stuppiddly saying things not substantiated, that is why your folks are seen as back stabbers...the brymo has proved that age long notion...it has noting to do with tribalism but the perception of people towards you and your folks

stop hating success, grow up and finally leave your parents house and go hutsle in some other place...it will help your perception

I am a business man and i deal with every tribes but in terms of friends i select my friends and they dont select me

your so negative

NewNigeriaMind:

hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin see this ngbeke said he is an optimist...... go check the meaning of the word.

with tribalism running marathon in your blood I doubt if you have ever being optimist in your life or have ever had a positive outlook to life.

Brymo is in the industry, he made a claim what Obaino is peddling is a lie, you are here asking me how that is possible.

I am sure Olamide wizkid would have sold like 5 million copies now going by the same assertions.

yeah least I forget, I actually have over 50 million in my account, that you can bet your life on. believe whatever rocks your boat but don't always put tribe in every argument.

STOP THE TRIBALISM.

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

SO IF I SAY A CAR IS COMMON MEANS IT IS USED AS A TAXI. you are the one that added taxi to it I didn't say that....

poverty and tribalism is killing you o!!!

wooo your life sucks abeggy..... bye

define common? olodo
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by caprini1: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

That is what i have been telling these haters and drag him down people, why must they be negative....

I wonder who keeps their types as friends...they will infect you with their negativity

i so much believe that good things in Nigeria space, if you believe you achieve

exactly......my good friend got a 2014 land rover Lr4. Just for selling a food suppliment and that's just a part time job o.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2014
So when i say the fact it is now termed Tribalism...mtcheeeew

ok take a list of haters from linda ikeji, flavor, genevieve and obi amstel malt endorsements and tell me what tribe they come from

that is the dominating factor, my dear if you dont agree with me, enviromental factors such as tribe, parentage etc influences people behaviour, Let admit the truth and that is when we will change

NewNigeriaMind:

STOP THE TRIBALISM.

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2014
Yeah its possible.

But is this case a fact, I seriously doubt it.

A dream is it is possible, if it materialize fine.

But in this case, if a veteran in the industry like brymo says Obiano is telling a lie and knowing Nigerians and their penchant for telling lies and exaggerating things, I am going with brymo on this one.

Only a fool accepts everything he is told as long as it makes him happy. I will rather be hurt with the fact than be told a lie to make me feel good.

I guess some of us rather accept lies or half truths to feel good rather than accepting the hard truth or fact.

In this case both cannot be verified.

shallom
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2014
caprini1:
exactly......my good friend got a 2014 land rover Lr4. Just for selling a food suppliment and that's just a part time job o.

That is positivity, they will stay there and think nagative, beliving everybody is stupid as them, they will never in their miserable life assume that somebody can achieve that? these are the people that will complain that government will not bath them, feed them or clothe the, without believing in themselves, I gave them links that it is possible

I live in satellite town and i have friends in alaba i know the volume of transaction going on there on daily basis, the only thing is that you have to get this i can do it spirit, not sittiing down in a place and blowing grammar

THERE IS SO MUCH MONEY IN THIS COUNTRY, WHAT IS THE BASIS OF THE ARGUEMENT...IN A COUNTRY OF 170 MILLIO, WHY CAN SOMEBODY SELL JUST A MILLION COPY IN A WEEK

IT NOT EVEN UPTO 2% OF THE POPULATION...PEOPLE CAN BE NEGATIVE SHA

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by NewNigeriaMind: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:
So when i say the fact it is now termed Tribalism...mtcheeeew

ok take a list of haters from linda ikeji, flavor, genevieve and obi amstel malt endorsements and tell me what tribe they come from

that is the dominating factor, my dear if you dont agree with me, enviromental factors such as tribe, parentage etc influences people behaviour, Let admit the truth and that is when we will change

Please kindly put names to these haters like you called them....

so all the other tribes that cheer these people are fools or what.......

cant you think for once.

people are who they are irrespective of tribe.

please educate me on their haters, mention names pls.

you only see what you want to see...... your outlook to everything is viewed from the tribal angle hence that is all you see.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS... DO YOU ACCEPT THESE PEOPLE YOU LISTED HAVE A LOT OF FANS AND ADMIRERS FROM OTHER TRIBES RUNNING INTO THOUDANDS.

SEE YOU NEED A NEW OREINTATION. I PRAY GOD SAVES YOU. AMEN.
Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by Sanchez01: 9:48am On Nov 21, 2014
christopher123:

Your correct bro but majority of igbo artiste include business in their show thing

So if obaino didnt sell a million which i know is a lie..cos in alaba distributors buy minimum if 100k cds so from ghana to nigeria all he needs is just 10 distributors

Okay lets say it only his igbo people buy the music...consider igbo pipulation

If an urhobo says he sold a million in a week i will doubt

But if igbo or yoruba says so i wont doubt

Its people that buy music
Honestly, I must say that you're way to judgemental and sentimental in your view. You believe sales depend on ethnic groups, hence, your mention of Urhobo is a lampoon on the tribe as a minority. Well, it doesn't work that way. Music cuts across boundaries and ethnicity. Most times, people end up loving songs from other tribes than theirs, it has been that way for a while. There are dozens of one-hit wonder artistes outside and those are the kind of people we have now: you rarely see artistes who strive for the mastery. Being an Igbo artiste does not give you edge over others; 'if your music no sell, na because say the thing fall short of people's expectations'. I reiterate that it is impossible for a Nigerian artiste to hit platinum or near within five days. We cannot attain that feat with our silly attitudes, and Flavour himself is not innocent on this. BTW, I'm Urhobo. I hope that settles it?

1 Like

Re: Brymo Reacts To Flavour's Claims Of Selling One Million Albums In Five Days by christopher123(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2014
I AM NOT YOUR LECTURER, GO AND DO BASIC RESEARCH

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND

MR RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2014 IS A COMMON CAR
NewNigeriaMind:

Please kindly put names to these haters like you called them....

so all the other tribes that cheer these people are fools or what.......

cant you think for once.

people are who they are irrespective of tribe.

please educate me on their haters, mention names pls.

you only see what you want to see...... your outlook to everything is viewed from the tribal angle hence that is all you see.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS... DO YOU ACCEPT THESE PEOPLE YOU LISTED HAVE A LOT OF FANS AND ADMIRERS FROM OTHER TRIBES RUNNING INTO THOUDANDS.

SEE YOU NEED A NEW OREINTATION. I PRAY GOD SAVES YOU. AMEN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bovi And DJ Cuppy Licking Ice Cream On Stage At The Headies Awards / Tega Dominic Survives A Car Accident (Photo) / Man Raises Alarm After Bobrisky Liked His Photos On Instagram (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.