Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Do Websites Make Money? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do Websites Make Money? (1590 Views)

Here Is How Your Computer Can Generate N4,000 Daily For You! / How Do I Generate Traffic To My Google Parked Domain? / Get Western Union Soft Ware To Track,generate Mtcn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Websites Make Money? by Clone2020(m): 4:00am On Nov 21, 2014
I'm a total noob, newbie, or JJC when it comes to websites and how they generate money, however, i'm always drawn into the prospects of someday owning websites to diversify my portfolio. This isn't my expertise and i'm very sure there are plenty more out there asking these questions as well. So please NL webmasters and anyone who's knowledgeable in all this stuff, pls answer some of the questions below, you dont' have to answer every single question just the ones u know, thanks

I would love to know the different ways websites make money

(1) What is adsense and how does it work? Are there other ads companies? How do you get ads to your websites via adsense or other ads companies? Also what is all this "clicking" stuff i keep hearing about?

(2) How do you get companies to independently advertise on your website via targeted ads like Nairaland? How much daily traffic do you need in order to go this route rather than via adsense? Which one generates more money?

(3) I have a busy schedule and doubt I would have the time to update a website, so how can I own a website that automatically updates itself ex a weather website or betting sites with scores updates?

(4)What do you think about owning an adult website like xvideos but with mainly Nigerians or Africans behaving badly? I haven't found a Nigerian adult site and I really think this is a niche to explore. I don't think anyone wants to invest in making original Nigerian adult videso because it will be pirated, but I'm thinking of a website where users upload videos or pics of themselves acting naughty. May even pay folks who source for pics of vids.

(5) Someone suggested that I should think about owning a news outlet like nairaland or saharareports because people always want to know the latest news, but I don't' have the time to manage a site like this. Is there anyone out here who would like to be a writer on a news site? Basically all you have to do is paraphrase the news from other websites and get paid? Any serious minded person or persons who want to join heads and make this a reality is highly welcomed here.

(5) Lately i've been buying domains which i plan to flip someday, I heard its better to have a website on attached to the domains as it generates more money when I want to sell them. Has anyone used flippa before? Are there companies or apps a person without any website designing skills can use to create a simple website then sell it on flippa for example? Also what do you think about city domains like .nyc london, berlin etc, do you think this is the future of the internet? Will people search for services or websites via city domains or will .com always be king?

Awaiting your responses smart ones.

1 Like

Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by osile2012: 12:38am On Nov 22, 2014
[size=15pt]You have answered urself by yourself for yourself.[/size]
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by Clone2020(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2014
osile2012:
[size=15pt]You have answered urself by yourself for yourself.[/size]
I don't get you
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by cyrilomeru: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dats my game, add me up on whatsapp 08169532045
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by Clone2020(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
cyrilomeru:
Dats my game, add me up on whatsapp 08169532045
Pls answer the questions here, it will help so many people

2 Likes

Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by cyrilomeru: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Clone2020:

Pls answer the questions here, it will help so many people
making money on website is not a day job, is not sumtin i can just type here, pls dnt misunderstand me
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by Clone2020(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
cyrilomeru:

making money on website is not a day job, is not sumtin i can just type here, pls dnt misunderstand me
I understand. But u can address any of the questions in simple terms
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by ennajod: 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
Are you a learner. You no understand say some people na from congo
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by olayole(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
i will like to be your writer....
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by cool0: 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
Internet has made it possible for you to take almost anything you are most passionate about and make money from it.I owned a Business where i sell my Domain Name ,website Hosting plans,design service at cheap cost ,Because i got the Reseller Domain Name account at here http://www.goresellers.com/ and got Online Business...This is one of the safe and secure online business.You can do this business from your home itself. You don't need to spend more time for this business. Just bring the customer for your reselling business. They are providing very good customer service and support.
Re: How Do Websites Make Money? by UEDIBO: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
olayole:
i will like to be your writer....

can we co-admin a page?

(1) (Reply)

Nexus Refrigerator For Quick Sale / Clean Neat HP Core I5 12gig 1 Terabyte Touch Screen With Keyboard Light For Sale / HP650 Core I3 4gb Ram 500hdd For Sell Call Or Whatsapp Me 08064404857

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.