Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance (30954 Views)

Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Photos: Soldiers Strip Corpers Naked At Rivers NYSC Camp? / FG To Pay NYSC Members' Delayed Allowance On Friday - Min Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by airsaylongcon: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

Served in Etche, in a village where 3 female corp members were kidnapped by their students. We didnt see electricity for close to 7months. Imagine there is no single bank in the whole LG we keep going to Rumukoro to withdraw and the traffic in PH is epic. Anyways I have served my fatherland and I wish others Godspeed.

which village in etche? those of us that served in egbelubi are still waiting for state...
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by rckdude: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
UnimkeAk:

Mr, it used to be cash, I collected my first allawee cash.

But since the last batch of 2013, due to the cashless policy it is no longer paid in cash.

How can someone in his/her right senses, in a strange land finish all the physical cash they have on them.

That's crap. Rivers state is not ready for that cashless nonesnse. Some LGs don't have a single bank. I know of Etche and Adonnin and its not everyone that brings money to camp; some couldn't just afford to

Now u send them to their respective LGs were the bank would take at least a week to open their account, if you are lucky the senior corp members would feed you for some days then after that OYO.

Its just not fair for them not to be paid cash.

2 Likes

Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

First allowee is always by cash Oga.

Rivers state is quite an annoying state to serve, am not really surprise though, that state pays allowee haphazardly, there were some months dt we got allowee very very late, and even the promised state allowed is yet to be paid. Batch B 2012 is yet to collect state allowee, they only paid batch A 2012 in January 2014.
Nawa fr dat state sef . A whole oil state behaving dis way.. Its really appalling!
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by rckdude: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
brainpower:

I don't normally reply people that insult others cos it shows how frustrated they are. You can shre your idea without insulting me and I believe I not the only one that doesn't shre thesame idea with you.
Now to the topic, the military doesn't do such protests and nysc is considered technically as a paramilitary. Nysc didn't say they won't be paid their money but that they should go to their respective LG of posting first and its not the first time its happening or are the others fools?
They have laws that guide them in nysc, they have the camp court to go to in case they have grievances.
What should be noted is that their money will be given to them and its not law that cash has to be given to them in camp.
Now they have the freedom to protest but not that kin of protest. All thesame, you can see their protest as the right thing to do, I differ from that and the last time I checked I have the righht to not reason like you. But if you still have a problem with it, you can go to hell. For your information, Rivers state govt doesn't pay state allowance until after one year or more when you are no longer a corper, the question is, will they protest that too?

OK, I hope you know the military get paid before all civil servanta in Nigeria, their salaries are never delayed.so if you say NYSC is paramilitary, they should be paid promptly too.

Rivers State NYCS is very dubious, I just don't trust them.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by kamez(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
nnekamezor:
Eyah, poor u... Datz really awful

Awful is an understatement... I regretted serving in ph.. I for just serve for lagos jeje
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
kamez:

Awful is an understatement... I regretted serving in ph.. I for just serve for lagos jeje

Glad i changed my mind abt serving dere. Served jeje in Lag... Bin wan serve dere bfr sef
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by UnimkeAk(m): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

That's crap. Rivers state is not ready for that cashless nonesnse. Some LGs don't have a single bank. I know of Etche and Adonnin and its not everyone that brings money to camp; some couldn't just afford to

Now u send them to their respective LGs were the bank would take at least a week to open their account, if you are lucky the senior corp members would feed you for some days then after that OYO.

Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by UnimkeAk(m): 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

Cashless policy doesn't mean you won't have physical cash in hand.

Lies, it doesn't take even up to an hour to open an account in any commercial bank once you have the required documentations.

Talkless of an NySC account that doesn't require any documents b4 opening an account

I didn't say it was fair, it is actually wrong,
My issh was abt the fact dt sum peeps said it had to be paid in cash.
Whether paid in cash or wired, I am of the opinion that they shuld be paid b4 leaving camp.

Note# States wr the cashless policy is yet to be implemented are paid in cash at the camp.

So 4 this case who has to take the fall for this,
FG, CBN or NYSC?
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by rckdude: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
UnimkeAk:

Cashless policy doesn't mean you won't have physical cash in hand.

Lies, it doesn't take even up to an hour to open an account in any commercial bank once you have the required documentations.

Talkless of an NySC account that doesn't requires any documents b4 opening an account

I didn't say it was fair, it is actually wrong,
My issh was abt the fact dt sum peeps said it had to be paid in cash.
Whether paid in cash or wired, I am of the opinion that they shuld be paid b4 leaving camp.

Note# States wr the cashless policy are yet to be implemented are paid in cash at the camp.

So 4 this case who has to take the fall for this,
FG, CBN or NYSC?

Are you joking? I don't want to believe u r serious. It actually took me more than a week to get my account details. Which bank would give you account details within an hr? shocked

Now imagine your PPA is in Ikorodu and you have to go to Maryland to withdraw, that's if you want to use atm. That's was how we do it every pay day, and we don't know when we will get paid.

Dude cashless policies would work in pH but not in Rivers state. So many undeveloped areas in Rivers.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by elfico(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shigoboy:
it has never happen in the history of nysc, first allawee always be in cash, other camps are receiving there own already
I beg to differ bro. I am serving in anambra and our first allawie was paid into our accounts.
Pls get ur facts before commenting.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by soulminister(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Cutehector4u:
i thought dey were sayin that nysc has neva paid youth corp members dr first allowee to thr bank accounts?

anambra has proven that statement to be a lie. am a serving 2014 batch b corp member in anambra
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by thexzy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
New New Policies to suppress the Citizenry everyday.......NYSC own 1st started dis yr with online registration with the payment of 4k as if that's not enough they Partitioned the Batches into various Streams which I can't even tell.......Na so we go d dey?
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by avalontony(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

First allowee is always by cash Oga.

Rivers state is quite an annoying state to serve, am not really surprise though, that state pays allowee haphazardly, there were some months dt we got allowee very very late, and even the promised state allowed is yet to be paid. Batch B 2012 is yet to collect state allowee, they only paid batch A 2012 in January 2014.

not all batch A 2012 ex-corp members have been paid.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by rckdude: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
avalontony:

not all batch A 2012 ex-corp members have been paid.

Sad! And somedude is comparing NYSC to paramilitary. Well that's Rivers state for you.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by UnimkeAk(m): 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
rckdude:

Are you joking? I don't want to believe u r serious. It actually took me more than a week to get my account details. Which bank would give you account details within an hr? shocked

Now imagine your PPA is in Ikorodu and you have to go to Maryland to withdraw, that's if you want to use atm. That's was how we do it every pay day, and we don't know when we will get paid.

Dude cashless policies would work in pH but not in Rivers state. So many undeveloped areas in Rivers.

No, I aint joking,
These are the banks I do business with First Bank, GTB, Zenith and I went through the same routine while opening these accounts.
Got the form, filled it, gave it back with my passport and utility bill, sat down and waited while she did her work, one hour is even too much, in less than 40 mins I was given my acct no and told to go and pay in some cash into the acct.

While I was serving, I was given Union bank, jst filled the form, gave it back still at the LGA, traveled immediately, came back after one month and met an envelop with my acct details and atm.

Even when I opened an acct in a community bank, I didn't go there more than once, I got the withdrawal booklet

About the Cashless policy isshh, you are still allowed to do your usual bank transactions only that there is a limit when it comes to withdrawal of funds, and if that limit is exceeded, charges are incurred by the customer.

Like in your case, with or without the cashless policy, whether your first allawwee was paid in cash or wired, you'll still have to go through the same strenuous process of withdrawing ur cash with subsequent payments.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
airsaylongcon:

you are talking of batch b 2012. some of us that served in etche lga 2012 batch A have not received our state allawee.
Don't worry, we will laugh over this with wine when we get to bonny #NLNG
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by airsaylongcon: 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
otega88:

Don't worry, we will laugh over this with wine when we get to bonny #NLNG

hahahahahahahaha. ..so u sef enrol for bonny tins! small world #NLNG.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
airsaylongcon:

hahahahahahahaha. ..so u sef enrol for bonny tins! small world #NLNG.
Lol, definitely, trust airsay, you know me more than you think you do...
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by rckdude: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
UnimkeAk:

No, I aint joking,
These are the banks I do business with First Bank, GTB, Zenith and I went through the same routine while opening these accounts.
Got the form, filled it, gave it back with my passport and utility bill, sat down and waited while she did her work, one hour is even too much, in less than 40 mins I was given my acct no and told to go and pay in some cash into the acct.

While I was serving, I was given Union bank, jst filled the form, gave it back still at the LGA, traveled immediately, came back after one month and met an envelop with my acct details and atm.

Even when I opened an acct in a community bank, I didn't go there more than once, I got the withdrawal booklet

About the Cashless policy isshh, you are still allowed to do your usual bank transactions only that there is a limit when it comes to withdrawal of funds, and if that limit is exceeded, charges are incurred by the customer.

Like in your case, with or without the cashless policy, whether your first allawwee was paid in cash or wired, you'll still have to go through the same strenuous process of withdrawing ur cash with subsequent payments.

Cool. We used union bank too and it took a week bro. But I get you. I still think for the sake of the less privileged corp members, they shud get paid in cash for their first allowed.

In any case if its gonna be their new way now, prospective corp members should know now and make contigency plans. Most pple would have spent dt first allowee on local fare. I had friends who spent all the allowee moving from one PPA to another all because the principals kept rejecting them. Imagine if dt allowed wasn't there for them to use, would they have relied on the 1500 local fare?
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by GboyegaD(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
IYANGBALI:
monies?mama peace I have found one of your missing children grin

SMH for you. You better go read through your dictionary again.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by eliascomm55: 7:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yea

Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by IYANGBALI: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
GboyegaD:

SMH for you. You better go read through your dictionary again.
no way,you can correct me on any other thing,but this one,man mi you got it wrong,I repeat you got it wrong. Go and ask your english teacher or better still google it grin
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Atoato(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
I am not suprised @ all ! Amaechi has changed everything in Rivers. Even Corpers suffer it too. Well for you new Corp members, better prepare urself cus you will see more of this... Mind you, 2012 Batch A (Ex corpers now) are yet to recieve their State Allowance, Only Rivers indegenes were paid. He claims there is no money, yet he sponsor rallies.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by obinoral1179(m): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Toscoas2:

nah you no get dt common sense, how many camp dey pay first allawee to corps account? is it not by cash they paid first allawee ?
shot ur mouth if you Knw nothing abt Nysc ......
person wey no never finish school dey form common sense. Nice reply bro. Same thing happens in our camp and we protest, and gave them just one hour for our money to be paid, before 30 minutes bullion van carry our money enter. Am sure they will pay them before they move out of camp on Monday.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by obinoral1179(m): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
Atoato:
I am not suprised @ all ! Amaechi has changed everything in Rivers. Even Corpers suffer it too. Well for you new Corp members, better prepare urself cus you will see more of this... Mind you, 2012 Batch A (Ex corpers now) are yet to recieve their State Allowance, Only Rivers indegenes were paid. He claims there is no money, yet he sponsor rallies.
rubbish! So ameachi is the one paying federal allawee? Nonsense. No vex ooooooo senior coffer.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Costa05: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
Toscoas2:

nah you no get dt common sense, how many camp dey pay first allawee to corps account? is it not by cash they paid first allawee ?
shot ur mouth if you Knw nothing abt Nysc ......
I no think say u don ever go school b4 dats y u dey talk like dat. Who among ur fwend don collect 1st alawee for e account b4.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shigoboy:
Protest going on at rivers state nysc orientation camp as officials announces corpers won't be able to receive their first allowee in cash after guys have lavish the money they brought to camp hoping they will get their transport fare back home from the N19800 that will be given to them in the camp, is this happening in other camps? Pics coming up soon.....

See our leaders of tomorrow....to serve Nigeria is not by force oh...if you no wan do again carry ya bag trek go ya papa house abeg.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shigoboy:
Protest going on at rivers state nysc orientation camp as officials announces corpers won't be able to receive their first allowee in cash after guys have lavish the money they brought to camp hoping they will get their transport fare back home from the N19800 that will be given to them in the camp, is this happening in other camps? Pics coming up soon.....

I've said it dat Rivers state na wowo state...my friend is still being owed a whole year state allowee..he survived on 19800 only during service & even had to sell the car he bought during internship in the process...till date no allowee...lol
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by olycholy(f): 3:33am On Nov 22, 2014
All those that joined in the protest, may God keep strengthening you. Amaechi has not paid state allawi for 2 years or more. So let's start saving energy for that. How can an oil producing state use us for granted, the sad part of it is that u can't work with private firm. #Amaechimustpayus#

1 Like

Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by olycholy(f): 3:45am On Nov 22, 2014
Orikinla:

GEJ government uses and dumps NYSC members.
NYSC members have never been so humiliated like this. Not even under Buhari, IBB and Abacha.
During the military regimes NYSC members enjoyed the best days ever.
What do u know? Just shut up, is Amaechi a PDP member? Yet he has not paid state allawi for more than two years now. any body who votes Amaechi or his party come 2015, God himself will punish the person.
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by nwasteve(m): 4:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Y must it be rivers state?

They should expect more protest, even from ex-corpers over their state allowee
Re: Protest At Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp Over Delayed Allowance by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 22, 2014
Shigoboy:
it has never happen in the history of nysc, first allawee always be in cash, other camps are receiving there own already

Anambra state never pay the first nysc alawee in camp, they send it to the account the corp members open on camp!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball / 2017 Nysc Batch A Time Table (official) Picture Included / Man Proposed To His Girlfriend During NYSC Passing Out Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.