Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful (1865 Views)

7 Habits Of People With Remarkable Mental Toughness / 7 Habits Of The Happiest People In Theoffice / 7 Habits That Are Making You Miserable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Life is but a series of habits. It is up to the individual to determine how those habits will add value or detract from their life experiences.
Here are seven bad habits you must drop immediately if you want to be successful in your job, your business, and your life.

1. Waiting for the ‘right’ time
Rarely is there a ‘right’ time for anything in life, yet so many people go through life claiming that they will work towards a goal when the time is right. Successful people don’t do this, because they know that opportunity doesn’t happen on their schedule, therefore you must seize the day.

2. Placing limitations on your success
What is it that’s stopping you from moving further up the food chain? As a result of social conditioning, many people begin placing limitations on their success as they reach certain stages of their career. Successful people don’t do this. They invite challenges and limitations and they break down barriers.

3. Comparing your success to others
A healthy dose of competition is a good thing. It helps you to work a little harder. However, you shouldn’t hold others to a higher standard than yourself and you shouldn’t judge your achievements or failures based on the outcome of others.

4. Waiting for the approval of others
Many people wait for the approval of others before they take action. It could be waiting for approval from your boss before you pull the trigger on a new campaign. Or it could be waiting on approval from your parent’s before deciding what degree to major in. Every circumstance deserves a different set of actions. However, generally speaking, you should never wait on approval from others to validate a decision. Successful people don’t do this. They take something they believe in and they go all in, rather they have the approval of others or not.

5. Being overly faithful - I know there will be many people who may not agree to do this!
Faith is beautiful. It’s based on the foundation of believing in an outcome that hasn’t yet come to fruition. Being faithful is healthy. However, being overly faithful is detrimental, because what comes along with this mindset is the mistaken belief that someone else is going to make your dreams and desires come true without you working to earn it. Good things rarely happen without hard work, so if you want something miraculous, you must be willing to do what it takes to earn it.

6. Fearing failure
The fear of failure is subconscious. Often times it isn’t a rational thought at the forefront of your thinking. Instead, it is a thought process that takes place deep in the recesses of your brain that immobilize you from being able to push forward. Successful people don’t fear failure. They embrace it, because they know that the only way to rise above mediocrity is to face fear and conquer it.

7. Dwelling on the past

The past is nothing more than a series of experiences in which you have no further control over. That being said, to dwell on the past is a sure fire way to ensure you never reach your potential in the future. Your past does not dictate future outcomes, so stop dwelling on the past and instead dream about the future.

Culled from: http://www.careerealism.com/successful-bad-habits-drop/#bOLl8WOzkv1iFwxi.99

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by StealthyMe(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nice Share cheesy
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
StealthyMe:
Nice Share cheesy

Thanks bro! wink
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Worth something.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by rawpadgin(m): 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
op will u invest ur last 200k on a business u are not 100% sure will come to fruition just asking
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by stupor(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
@OP

You're smart !

Your're loyal !

You're grateful

I appreciate that !

You're a genius !

Nice share !

1 Like

Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by bloglover(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
not bad at all

1 Like

Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by Natasha2(f): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
So true. Nice post

1 Like

Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2014
rawpadgin:
op will u invest ur last 200k on a business u are not 100% sure will come to fruition just asking

If you are referencing Point number 1, then I am sorry but your question is irrelevant.
Please be specific so I understand you better
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks a lot beautiful Vivi. I'm always dwelling on past exploits.
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by deleib(m): 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: 7 Habits To Drop If You Wish To Be Truly Successful by Teeboy15(m): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
8. Procrastination- I will, I will, I will. Bt never doing it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 25k Weekly From TBD INCOME PROGRAM Using Your Smart Phone. / Canada Jobs For Nigerians / Need ICAN Study Centre In Abuja And Hint On Having An Excellent Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.