Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose (1013 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Inauguration In Pictures / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances / Rivers State Assembly Crises - The Complete Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by thinkdip(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has said he is not involved in the crisis rocking the state House of Assembly.

Fayose, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, said: "It is not only ridiculous to link the executive arm of government with what is happening in the legislative arm," saying "there is separation of powers among all tiers of government and Governor Fayose is not a member of the assembly."

According to him, "one does not need to be a professor of Mathematics to know that one-third of 26 is nine and the rules of the assembly is that nine members forms a quorum and when that number of lawmakers agree to sit and deliberate on issues, they are covered by the rules of the assembly.

"For those having any doubt about the identity of the legislators attending the sitting of the assembly, the best place to find out is from the assembly. Anybody interested in that can contact the Clerk of the assembly.

"The lawmakers have the constitutional rights to decide who leads them at any point in time. All the members are equal, choosing a leader among them is their constitutional duty and nobody can dictate to them who should be their leader at any point in time.

"It is double speak for self-styled critics to attempt to drag the governor into what that has nothing to do with him. The same critics are pretending to be blind to happenings in some states, where the party they have sympathy for, the All Progressives Congress (APC) rules. Edo and Rivers states are typical and what is happening there is better imagined.

In a related development, the state government has asked the police in the state to cooperate with the Olugbemi as the Speaker of the assembly.

A statement by Adelusi quoted the Secretary to the Ekiti State government, Dr Modupe Alade, as calling "on the police to provide the full paraphernalia of office to the the new Speaker and the deputy without delay for a cordial working relationship between the assembly's new leadership and the Fayose-led administration in order to move the state forward."

It said: "Dr Alade advised the rest of the honourable members, who had gone on self exile to return to perform what they were elected to do," adding that "they should not stay in exile if truly they were elected."

He advised the former speaker, Dr Adewale Omirin, to return all government property in his possession with immediate effect.

The state government warned troublemakers to stay out of Ekiti, stressing that the law enforcement agents would not allow anybody to forment trouble.

The government advised Ekiti people to go about with normal duties and continue to give their support to the administration.

Tribune‎
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Montaque(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Is it 9 members Or 7 members that carried Out the prOcess? I heard 7, ÇOmfirmed by hOn. S. AjibOla On channels tv.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by dunkem21(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
Montaque:
Is it 9 members Or 7 members that carried Out the prOcess? I heard 7, ÇOmfirmed by hOn. S. AjibOla On channels tv.

Shebi he told you to ask the clerk of the house.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Montaque(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
dunkem21:

Shebi he told you to ask the clerk of the house.
so, was Our hOn. WrOng with his figures this mOrning?
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by dunkem21(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
Montaque:
so, was Our hOn. WrOng with his figures this mOrning?

Read the statement, word by word and you will see all the answers to your questions.

Come on, don't be lazy.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by clubone05: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sometimes. ..I don't get these parties. ..is it that there are not intelligent or what..

get all ur 19 reps to sign a sworn affidavit attesting that they didn't sit on those days...have a press conference. .embarrass the gov
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by WhiteTyre: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
clubone05:

Embarrass the gov
You can see yourself?
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Montaque(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
dunkem21:

Read the statement, word by word and you will see all the answers to your questions.

Come on, don't be lazy.
Lazy? I will let that pass. Just respOnd tO my questiOn if u have the info we need here. And plz nO ad hOminem arguement again.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
clubone05:
Sometimes. ..I don't get these parties. ..is it that there are not intelligent or what..

get all ur 19 reps to sign a sworn affidavit attesting that they didn't sit on those days...have a press conference. .embarrass the gov
The 19 lawmakers had already signed a letter addressed to the Governor, Fayose that the decision of the 7 lawmakers are unconstitutional and illegal, thus he should not honour it excpect the Governor is yet to see the letter or he is condoning illegality.

In the same vein these 19 lawmakers grant Video press conference in Lagos yesterday (to show their identity and numbers) that they are not part of the sittings (Monday and Thursday). So there is enough public evidence that 19 APC lawmakers are not part of the sittings, so no one needs the clark comfirmation because those 19 lawmakers has come to public and publicly declare that they are not part of it and had also wrote letters to the Presidency, some Ministers, CBN and the Governor himself.

If Fayose agreed that 9 members must make a quorum, then we need mathematics Professors to prove to us that 26 - 19 = 9.

1 Like

Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by thunderrider: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Before we call the Prof.s make the 9 identify themselves first now
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Johnnyessence(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
fayose is wrong in screening his commissioners and special adviser.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by thinkdip(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
Montaque:
9 sir
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Montaque(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
thinkdip:

9 sir
thanks dear. I guess the deciding factor is nw the actual number present and voting in the HOuse that day.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by ayindejimmy(m): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
clubone05:

Chikena!
But I smell a conspiracy though cos these Reps can't be trusted. Some might have been compromised
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by clubone05: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
thegreatman4ww:

The 19 lawmakers had already signed a letter addressed to the Governor, Fayose that the decision of the 7 lawmakers are unconstitutional and illegal, thus he should not honour it excpect the Governor is yet to see the letter or he is condoning illegality.

In the same vein these 19 lawmakers grant Video press conference in Lagos yesterday (to show their identity and numbers) that they are not part of the sittings (Monday and Thursday). So there is enough public evidence that 19 APC lawmakers are not part of the sittings, so no one needs the clark comfirmation because those 19 lawmakers has come to public and publicly declare that they are not part of it and had also wrote letters to the Presidency, some Ministers, CBN and the Governor himself.

If Fayose agreed that 9 members must make a quorum, then we need mathematics Professors to prove to us that 26 - 19 = 9.

where was this pres conference held...I haven't seen anything about it.

Seen bro....

anybody with common sense will Gov is washing is hands off it..because its just plain illegal.
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 22, 2014
Ekiti people are in trouble
Re: Count Me Out Of Ekiti Assembly Crises-gov. Fayose by thinkdip(m): 6:29am On Nov 22, 2014
Montaque:
thanks dear. I guess the deciding factor is nw the actual number present and voting in the HOuse that day.
Yes

(1) (Reply)

INEC Will Reject Substitution Of Candidates By Political Parties-jega / b / A Tale Of Two Bad Options - APC/PDP GMB/GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.