Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi (20955 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Keshi: Sacking Me Won’t Solve The Problem / Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by akoaki(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2014
Keshi should stop talking for now. He would be attracting more condemnation to himself by attempting to defend or justify his failures. Nigerians are currently mourning the demise of the lost Eagles. Let him not rub salt on our wound. NFF may reconsider him when there is need to coach an over-sixty football team, if there would ever be any such thing. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Reference:

Yes. He should have. We don't have structures to ensure long term performance. The best we can get for now are these 'flash in the pan' experiences. For a coach to stay beyond a tournament he needs a fooball house with solid foundations. This is where perhaps Keshi is right. It is not entirely his fault but the reality is likened to why Nigerians drive SUV's a lot, bad roads. A non existent institution cannot support long term planning.
Let us try another way,since this way is leading no where.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Chanchit: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2014
smudge2079:
No way. Sacking a coach is not d quick fix. If u doubt it, take Manchester United as a case study. Is Man Utd better dan dey were last season Even afta spending £152million. And by d way. Am a Man United fan. Truth is bitter.

Oga! Sir Alex was ontop of his game, and did you forget that he retired? When a team is producing poor results, then its time for the coach to move on, I dnt knw how its so hard for some people to bow out honourably, though, there no more time for honourability for Nkeshi now, even if he takes a walk now, we go still swear for am.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by natty212(f): 8:10am On Nov 24, 2014
But wil b d 1st step in solving d problem :PBut wil b d 1st step in solving d problem
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 8:10am On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:

You self go dey think say 'your post don make sense for your mind but for me i will look at it from another dimension; Roy Hogson,the coach of England performed woefully in the just concluded world cup even keshi was rated above him then but the country keep calm and they are reaping the fruit of 'surulere'; same as Spain and the country did not shout for the head of their coach. It's hightime Nigeria start acting like a developed country even though we know we are under-develop but nevertheless what we have to look into is the technical aspect of the game. The technical committees should look at our flaws and how we can improve better before considering wether to sack the coach or not.
I'm tired of typing, go and read my interview with goal.com Nigeria.

Thanks
Which fruit are they reaping,because they are unbeaten in the weakest euro qualifiers group?I bet you don't follow what their analysts$fans do say about them$dont worry in 2015 they will play Germany$one other power house$you will see their "surulere"again.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 24, 2014
Azuist:
Kechi is right, sacking him will not solve the problem, infact it will make matters worse. No team succeeds without a coach, so if u sack him, u need to replace him. And if u replace him with someone that is worse than him, although this person will be difficult to find, then u ve made matters worse, if u replace him with someone like him, then we re still where we are. But if u replace him with someone better than him (very easy to get someone from this group), then we re moving ahead. So Keshi its absolutely right, sacking him will not solve the problem.

I die. lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by swazpedro(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2014
let this man resign honourably ....
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Guidette(f): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2014
crownprince102:
Keshi's fans should read former happenings in the world of football.
(1) Hassan Sheatta of Egypt won this same AFCON 3 consecutive times and resigned honorably when glory days are vanishing
(2) Luis Felipe Scolari won the world cup in 2002 with brazil and was not their coach for life, he came back in 2012 and despite winning the confederation cup and world cup semi- finalist, he was sacked.
(3) Roberto Di Matteo won the first ever champions league for chelsea in 2012 and was sacked the following season.
(4) The great Jose Mourinho won 2 consecutive premier league and was sacked in his third season.
(5) Carlo Ancelotti won FA cup and the EPL with chelsea and was sacked the following season.
(6) Rafa Benitez won everything but the EPL with liverpool was also fired.
(7) Dunga was a captain like Keshi, he won the world cup while playing, he won as a coach the confederation cup, CONCACAF(south american afcon) and a world cup quater finalist and was still fired.
(cool Marcelo Lippi won the world cup with Italy in 2006 and was fired.
(9) Aime Jacquet won the world cup in 1998 but was also sent away.
(10) Bert Van Marwijk and Alejandro Sabella were world cup finalist with Holland and Argentina respective and weren't allowed to continue. Who among them is of Keshi's pedigree? What has Keshi achieved compared to this guys? Life is about give what you have to offer and move on. Not everyone can tolerate failure like Arsenal, relying on past glory. Now, explain in details why we are ungrateful to Keshi after load of cash and national award. All this listed club and country went on to be an achiever.
Haba! Why bring Arsenal into this? The post was good just about till that comment.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by gulfer: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:

You self go dey think say 'your post don make sense for your mind but for me i will look at it from another dimension; Roy Hogson,the coach of England performed woefully in the just concluded world cup even keshi was rated above him then but the country keep calm and they are reaping the fruit of 'surulere'; same as Spain and the country did not shout for the head of their coach. It's hightime Nigeria start acting like a developed country even though we know we are under-develop but nevertheless what we have to look into is the technical aspect of the game. The technical committees should look at our flaws and how we can improve better before considering wether to sack the coach or not.

Thanks
Who are you?
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by mpowa(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2014
Azuist:
Kechi is right, sacking him will not solve the problem, infact it will make matters worse. No team succeeds without a coach, so if u sack him, u need to replace him. And if u replace him with someone that is worse than him, although this person will be difficult to find, then u ve made matters worse, if u replace him with someone like him, then we re still where we are. But if u replace him with someone better than him (very easy to get someone from this group), then we re moving ahead. So Keshi its absolutely right, sacking him will not solve the problem.
grin grin sorry i later understood your sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by ola20ng(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2014
Just go first and 60 percent of our problem will be solved
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by idu1(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2014
So, you know the problem?
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by chuksopran(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2014
I think keshi descervs a second chance,,he will Surely deliver,but the Super eagles needs to change there mentlity...
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by smudge2079(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
What am trying to say is, dere is no quick fix in football, Stephen Keshi won d nation cup just a year plus ago, den he was D next Fergie, after that, things went south, now everyone is calling for his head. Every football coach has deir rough time, Fergie had his, even D special One, Jose Mourinho. see Liverpool Brendan Rogers For example... His Liverpool team is shyt ryt now, does dat make him a mediocre D mind of d average Nigerian fan bothers me... So fickle
Chanchit:

Oga! Sir Alex was ontop of his game, and did you forget that he retired? When a team is producing poor results, then its time for the coach to move on, I dnt knw how its so hard for some people to bow out honourably, though, there no more time for honourability for Nkeshi now, even if he takes a walk now, we go still swear for am.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by winiwini: 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
"We shouldn't forget where Keshi picked this team from in 2012, almost same place like they are now but nobody cared about how they got there, that is why it happened again"

My Agent!, If they are in same place after two years, why will you want to stay?
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by winiwini: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
chuksopran:
I think keshi descervs a second chance,,he will Surely deliver,but the Super eagles needs to change there mentlity...

Oga, do you mean, the third chance?
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by cbee29(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2014
Order 4 ur cheapest MTN, GLO and ETISALAT data now!!, contact 08067962516 for more info.[b][/b]
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by bulletproofmonk(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2014
brainpower:
Personally, if okocha and Kanu can agree to work together with the proper coaching trianing and qualifications, I think it will be better. I agree with him that the problem is beyond coaches but he has shown a lack of patriotism in this last few months, he believes he has proved to the world that he is a good coach, a world class coach and he is no longer hungry to win with the country. So on that note he should go.
As for the players, they should all be disbanded, and the only ones that should be left are those that still have the passion to play for the country not to show off or pass time but to win, when they lose, they feel ashamed and that's the spirit Okocha and kanu can bring.
Then to the giant of them all, the glass house. They are all a bunch of politicians, they should all leave the glass house for those that are passionate about our football and not the money in it. If the players and coaches are changed and the old men in the glass house are not, the problem will continue. That's my take.

Nigerians...you still think it is about the coach and the crew alone? No one has pointed fingers at the NFF, the biggest rogues! None of you have the faintest idea what goes on at the glass house.
We want to win trophies but refuse to invest in our football, particularly from the grassroots. We don't have infrastructure, we dont have a long term plan, we don't have a competitive league. We want immediate results!

If you like, employ Siasia, Okocha, Kanu and Mourinho, it still won't make a difference!
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by andyanders: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2014
Chanchit:
So in other words they should leave you ba? Thunder weh go fire you dey recieve touchline instruction from God.

Well said my brother. Na Thunder go hammer his head. He is not even ashamed of himself. Let the problem go beyond him, we will find someone better than him.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by honeric01(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2014
Source?
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Brianino(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2014
crownprince102:
Keshi's fans should read former happenings in the world of football.
(1) Hassan Shehata of Egypt won this same AFCON 3 consecutive times and resigned honorably when glory days are vanishing
(2) Luis Felipe Scolari won the world cup in 2002 with brazil and was not their coach for life, he came back in 2012 and despite winning the confederation cup and world cup semi- finalist, he was sacked.
(3) Roberto Di Matteo won the first ever champions league for chelsea in 2012 and was sacked the following season.
(4) The great Jose Mourinho won 2 consecutive premier league and was sacked in his third season.
(5) Carlo Ancelotti won FA cup and the EPL with chelsea and was sacked the following season.
(6) Rafa Benitez won everything but the EPL with liverpool was also fired.
(7) Dunga was a captain like Keshi, he won the world cup while playing, he won as a coach the confederation cup, COPA AMERICA(south american afcon) and a world cup quater finalist and was still fired.
(cool Marcelo Lippi won the world cup with Italy in 2006 and was fired.
(9) Aime Jacquet won the world cup in 1998 but was also sent away.
(10) Bert Van Marwijk and Alejandro Sabella were world cup finalist with Holland and Argentina respective and weren't allowed to continue. Who among them is of Keshi's pedigree? What has Keshi achieved compared to this guys? Life is about give what you have to offer and move on. Not everyone can tolerate failure like Arsenal, relying on past glory. Now, explain in details why we are ungrateful to Keshi after load of cash and national award. All this listed club and country went on to be an achiever.
baba ur head dey dia.....add roberto mancini 2d list..,..as 4 keshi...u claim nigeria is d worst organised country u have coached..VERY TRUE...oga o cari ya bags and return 2 togo abi mali were ur presidential jet is waiting 4 u..leave naija disorganised millions....d most painful ting is nt dt u r terrible at coaching and tactics bt when i watched u collect dt big brown 200,000 dollars envelope frm gov.akpabio and u were smilin..TRUTHFULLY BRO..I FELT LYK KILLING U...greedy cow abeggi dey go..afterall d gr8t westerhof wid his gr8t coaching ideas was still sacked..so who u be? IDIOTTA

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by motini(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2014
If they don't sack you what will solve the problem...nothing
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:40am On Nov 24, 2014
He keeps blaming his players....
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by brainpower(m): 9:40am On Nov 24, 2014
bulletproofmonk:

Nigerians...you still think it is about the coach and the crew alone? No one has pointed fingers at the NFF, the biggest rogues! None of you have the faintest idea what goes on at the glass house.
We want to win trophies but refuse to invest in our football, particularly from the grassroots. We don't have infrastructure, we dont have a long term plan, we don't have a competitive league. We want immediate results!

If you like, employ Siasia, Okocha, Kanu and Mourinho, it still won't make a difference!

My brother, I was at the brink of insulting you now but I don't insult people especially not on social media and definitely not a stranger I don't know.
Read what I wrote about the "GLASS HOUSE". You just read the first line and jumped to criticize. Or don't you know that that's another name for the NFF? The building where Nigerian football is run is called the glass house. Cheers.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2014
Guidette:

Haba! Why bring Arsenal into this? The post was good just about till that comment.
Sorry my guy..... Arsenal is no more is the lost land, they won FA cup last season but we hope they dont go back to where they came from
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2014
[b][/b]
@least let's start from there.

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2014
ionsman:

You were making sense until you mentioned Arsenal. Something dey worry you.... undecided
I dey sorry my guy..... Arsenal don commot for failure na. They won FA cup last season
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by comrChris(m): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2014
crownprince102:

I know all this my guy.... I 'm only desperate for this guys removal. You throw all bottles to anyone you want out. Our football needs a new beggining
did you just say a new beggining? For how long are we going to continue with your so called new beggining! When others are talking about maturity you are talking about new beggining smh
You are desperate for his removal when you have suggested best person for his replacement
I remember how this same man was praised for winnin afcon and that confed performance
Smh for some nigerians and their immodest in speech
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by bulletproofmonk(m): 9:49am On Nov 24, 2014
brainpower:

My brother, I was at the brink of insulting you now but I don't insult people especially not on social media and definitely not a stranger I don't know.
Read what I wrote about the "GLASS HOUSE". You just read the first line and jumped to criticize. Or don't you know that that's another name for the NFF? The building where Nigerian football is run is called the glass house. Cheers.

No vex my brother. Missed that part. We are on the same page wink

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by chrisxxx(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2014
Abiolainfo:

Thanks
Did u say this when NFA was about to sack SIasia? If yes is ur answer let me have a concrete evidence.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by ionsman: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2014
crownprince102:

I dey sorry my guy..... Arsenal don commot for failure na. They won FA cup last season
Apology accepted... cheesy
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by megacodes: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Chanchit:
So in other words they should leave you ba? Thunder weh go fire you dey recieve touchline instruction from God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Copa America Are Without A Host With 13 Days Left To The Tournament / Nkunku Has Moved To Chelsea From RB Leipzig On A 6-year Deal With €60m / Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.