Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist (544 Views)

Pianist / The Fastest Way I Get Solution To Problems... You Too Can Leverage It; Find Out / Grand Piano Materias For Already Estblished Pianist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by dein77(m): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Today, I'm an Engineer. An HSE professional to be precise. I've been working in that field for over 5 years. It has put food on my table. It has played a huge role in my success as a brother, uncle, father and husband. Living without a decent job can be very challenging, especially in a nation without government's assistance in social safety nets. I'm rereally grateful to God for my job!

A few years ago, classical music has become a joy to me. I'm currently learning the piano, and also taking online lectures on musical theory. Whenever I listen to Mozart, Beethoveen, Bach, and other great classical pianists,deep feelings of joy and satisfaction flood my soul.

Is it too late for me to be a classical pianist? It's my dream! While I was in the Deeper Life Bible Church, an opportunity was created for me, but my parents scuttled it up for me.

Today, I'm looking for ways to achieve that childhood dream of becoming a classical pianist. I know Western pianists are more in demand in Nigeria, but I can't just let go of this burning desire to play the classical way.

Can I still achieve it?
Re: If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by Lovetinz(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
YES YOU CAN!
The saying goes 'Age is just a number'.
With determination and a little time, you will see visible (or is it audible) improvements.

By the way have you watched the movie 'the Pianist?' Its an Oscar winner and emotion filled.

I enjoy good classical music,
and I will be looking forward to seeing (and hearing) you at the top!

1 Like

Re: If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by dein77(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
Lovetinz:
YES YOU CAN!
The saying goes 'Age is just a number'.
With determination and a little time, you will see visible (or is it audible) improvements.

By the way have you watched the movie 'the Pianist?' Its an Oscar winner and emotion filled.

I enjoy good classical music,
and I will be looking forward to seeing (and hearing) you at the top!

Thanks for these encouraging lines. Playing classical at a top level is a dream I can't describe with words.

I will endeavour to watch the movie you described. I promise..
Re: If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by destino24(m): 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
same thing with me, I'm currently a final year engineering student but i would love to learn an instrument, a violin or a cello. classical music rocks, and i can't imagine how it would feel playing Beethoven's 5th in a complete orchestra, must be heavenly.
Re: If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by dein77(m): 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
destino24:
same thing with me, I'm currently a final year engineering student but i would love to learn an instrument, a violin or a cello. classical music rocks, and i can't imagine how it would feel playing Beethoven's 5th in a complete orchestra, must be heavenly.

Beethoveen and Mozart and the rest of classical pianists are really awesome. .....Please, don't give up....
Re: If I Had My Way, I Would Have Being A Classical Pianist by Ademat7(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Music they say is a food for the soul...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Answer Is In The Challenge - Malaria Victim Builds Malaria Test App / QA Online Training And Job Assistance In USA, UK / Professional Certifications (the New Currency In The Job Streets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.