Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

If Jesus Is God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God (2768 Views)

If Jesus Were Alive Today He Will Be Declared WANTED For The Following (pics) / What If Jesus Was Gay / What If Jesus Didn’t Fully Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God by Maamin(m): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

And Jesus is God, right?

Yep (Ben haElohim) son of God wink
Re: If Jesus Is God by Pr0ton: 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Maamin:

Yep (Ben haElohim) son of God wink

How could He be God and also be His own son?
Re: If Jesus Is God by malvisguy212: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

Wait... Tell me how gravity is taught in the Bible
and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree
when shaken by a strong wind. (Revelation 6:13)
They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us
from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of
the Lamb! (Revelation 6:16) The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a
torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of
water-- (Revelation 8:10)

Gravity is a true law of physics, despite the fact that the word "gravity"
itself never appears in the Bible. In case you didn't get it, this is a
parody on the idea that the Trinity is not found in the Bible, because
the word itself is never used.
Re: If Jesus Is God by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

So then it was Jesus who died for our sins, huh?
yes.
Re: If Jesus Is God by herald9: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

This fella gat nothing to say grin

I have a lot to say...but I'm holding my breathe cause I might be typing out of anger...I'm seriously fed up with this Trinity thingy...

Moreover,the way Malvis2 has been personalizing,refining and redefining God as if He's his personal property is always making me wanna puke... I'm Sure God himself must be sharing in my rage...

I believe he has a better calling than arguing religion...

He should really think about this cause he's doing more harm than good to Christendom …

… its abundantly clear that God
exists as God the Father,
God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. However,
these three persons are
not three separate gods, but One God. This
Trinitarian concept of God
might seem to be contradictory from a human
standpoint, but is
perfectly logical from God's extradimensional
existence. Anti-
Trinitarian heresies either elevate humans to the
level of God or demote one or more persons of the
Godhead to non-God status. Don't
fall into one of those traps!
Dude needs to understand he's human...therefore his knowledge of the unknown is limited... Stop acting as if you're actually the one sitting at his right hand...

#pheeew
Re: If Jesus Is God by Maamin(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pr0ton:

How could He be God and also be His own son?

You getting it mixed up for yourself. The Son is a separate being from the father sitting by the right hand of power interceeding for you and i.

Jesus himself emphasized that he does not speak on his own authority (John 14:10) and he does nothing on his own authority, but he speaks only what the Father has taught him (John 8:28).

As such he is one in purpose with the father but not the father.

The beauty in Christianity is love for God, neighbour and oneself. You can give God a try, there is absolute peace in knowing him through Mashiach (Christ) our Lord. wink

ShalomAleichem( peace be unto you).
Re: If Jesus Is God by Pr0ton: 5:17am On Nov 22, 2014
malvisguy212:
and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree
when shaken by a strong wind. (Revelation 6:13)
They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us
from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of
the Lamb! (Revelation 6:16) The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a
torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of
water-- (Revelation 8:10)

Gravity is a true law of physics, despite the fact that the word "gravity"
itself never appears in the Bible. In case you didn't get it, this is a
parody on the idea that the Trinity is not found in the Bible, because
the word itself is never used.

Hello.. Those verses you cited are just normal phenomenon. The writer(s) might not even know what gravity was, and they didn't. You using those verses as evidences that the Bible teaches gravity shows how stup*d you are and how worthless it would be to spend time arguing with you. Imagine

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God by Pr0ton: 5:23am On Nov 22, 2014
Maamin:

You getting it mixed up for yourself. The Son is a separate being from the father sitting by the right hand of power interceeding for you and i.

Jesus himself emphasized that he does not speak on his own authority (John 14:10) and he does nothing on his own authority, but he speaks only what the Father has taught him (John 8:28).

As such he is one in purpose with the father but not the father.

The beauty in Christianity is love for God, neighbour and oneself. You can give God a try, there is absolute peace in knowing him through Mashiach (Christ) our Lord. wink

ShalomAleichem( peace be unto you).

Doesn't John 1:1 clearly state that Jesus is God? And does verse 14 not say that Jesus is God in flesh?
Re: If Jesus Is God by malvisguy212: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Pr0ton:

Hello.. Those verses you cited are just normal phenomenon. The writer(s) might not even know what gravity was, and they didn't. You using those verses as evidences that the Bible teaches gravity shows how stup*d you are and how worthless it would be to spend time arguing with you. Imagine
thank you for the insult.
Re: If Jesus Is God by Maamin(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2014
Pr0ton:

Doesn't John 1:1 clearly state that Jesus is God? And does verse 14 not say that Jesus is God in flesh?

Yes but the God/ the God in flesh was with God, let me quote it for you.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Verse 14 reads.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, ) full of grace and truth.

Now remember the word was with God in the beginning , and that same word is also God, it is this word that became flesh regardless it was God, to dwell among men.

God The father (Yahweh) is different from the Son (Yahshua)'the word that was with God the father that became flesh'. I hope this is clear?

Shalom.
Re: If Jesus Is God by Pr0ton: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2014
Maamin:

Yes but the God/ the God in flesh was with God, let me quote it for you.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Verse 14 reads.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, ) full of grace and truth.

Now remember the word was with God in the beginning , and that same word is also God, it is this word that became flesh regardless it was God, to dwell among men.

God The father (Yahweh) is different from the Son (Yahshua)'the word that was with God the father that became flesh'. I hope this is clear?

Shalom.

And still with that Jesus is God (regardless of 'the Son' invention), and my op addresses Him that way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tell Me, What Would You Possibly Ask For? / Vision Of Hail Storm Coming Upon Nigeria / How To Handle Courtship And Sexual Purity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.