Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (883 Views)

I Love Teaching People To Drive Instead Of Picking Up A Regular Job / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 22, 2014
Re: . by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2014
He can easily get another job in the oil and gas industry? Is he the son of Allison Madueke? This is obviously not a real life scenario.
Re: . by iCool(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2014
He should know that the field engineers will be the last to be affected in the BHI-HAL merger except the service he runs will be divested.

You didn't state enough info, What he presently works as and What the operator is offering.
Re: . by idealsico(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
If I were him, I would go for the Production (contract). The extra savings will go into big investment (probably real estate). After the initial contract who knows he might be reassigned. Even if there is no contract extension he can still keep hunting for new opportunities. In case of delay in getting a new job, proceeds from the investment can come handy. But, don't fail to pray about it: God sees the end from the beginning.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
iCool:
He should know that the field engineers will be the last to be affected in the BHI-HAL merger except the service he runs will be divested.

You didn't state enough info, What he presently works as and What the operator is offering.

Yeah, you are right. The field engineers could be the last to be affected. And it remains a "could".
When the competition goes tough, the foot soldiers often have to suffer from cost-cutting measures that may follow.
I can't divulge too much information. But I think it's sufficient to just mention that he's very senior field engineer with the biggest oil service company in the world. The operator is offering project supervisor position in the very field he has being working in for several years. So, he's pretty familiar with what he should expect at the production coy end.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
idealsico:
If I were him, I would go for the Production (contract). The extra savings will go into big investment (probably real estate). After the initial contract who knows he might be reassigned. Even if there is no contract extension he can still keep hunting for new opportunities. In case of delay in getting a new job, proceeds from the investment can come handy. But, don't fail to pray about it: God sees the end from the beginning.

Sounds good. But wouldn't he need to have interest in real estate if he was to make money there?
Re: . by iCool(m): 5:25am On Nov 24, 2014
In my opinion, since It's is in line with what he is currently doing, I don't see much of a problem in making the switch.

Senior engineer with a service coy leaving for same role with an operator. There will most likely be a contract extension, the uncertainties associated with the merger plenty o.

Let him check d pros n cons, it is worth trying.

(1) (Reply)

Full MBA Scholarship In USA And CANADA 2015 / ‘why Confidence Is Key’, Man Shares Personal Experience / British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.