Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo (4348 Views)

Dino Melaye Grades Jonathan's Performance On His Customized T.Shirt (Photo) / Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo / 61% Of Nigerians Approve Pres Jonathan’s Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by arresa: 1:43am On Nov 22, 2014

Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Friday delivered a damning verdict on the performance of the Goodluck Jonathan administration, describing it as “below average”.

Speaking at the ongoing Ake Arts and Book Festival in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Mr. Obasanjo also said security is the greatest danger Nigeria is currently facing.

“I rate this current administration below average,” Mr. Obasanjo said in response to a question about Mr. Jonathan’s performance.

The former president also said he deserved credit for helping an individual from a minority tribe become Nigeria’s President.

“Rather than take blame for bringing Jonathan to power, I should be taking credit,” he added.

The book chat session of the Festival, which ends on Saturday, was titled ‘Defining a legacy,’ and Mr. Obasanjo used the opportunity to note some of the highlights of his eight-year presidency.

He specifically underlined his refusal to sign death warrants during his tenure.

Mr. Obasanjo also shared some stories about his childhood and about his time in the military.

He then lamented that Nigeria has had a problem of leadership right from Independence in 1960.

“The biggest problem we have in Nigeria is that we have regional leaders, but no national leader.

“I have always believed that our problem as a country is that at independence we did not have a true leader.”

The former President denied speculations that he deliberately foisted a successor he knew was sick on the country.

“Yar’Adua gave me concrete evidence that he was healthy,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

On why he did not field a former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, as Vice President in 2007, the former President said, “You know Donald Duke is my boy. In my own life, I don’t put all my eggs in one basket.

“Donald Duke needs to tone down and have his feet on ground, now he is having his feet on the ground…”

Despite being instrumental to Mr. Jonathan becoming president in 2010, Mr. Obasanjo has continued to be one of his fiercest critics.

Last December, the former President wrote a strongly worded letter to President Jonathan expressing dissatisfaction with the administration and warning him about the “danger that may be lurking in the corner”.

“Move away from culture of denials, cover-ups and proxies and deal honestly, sincerely and transparently with Nigerians to regain their trust and confidence,” Mr. Obasanjo wrote in the 18-page letter.

In the letter, Mr. Obasanjo also frowned at President Jonathan’s “deceit and deception” by stating that he had promised not to run for president in 2015, whereas his body language was showing a different stance.

Premium Times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by blemon44(m): 1:47am On Nov 22, 2014
what about his parformance?
what did he do when he was in power?
8 years and nothing happened
same old story

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by arresa: 1:49am On Nov 22, 2014
Why not call a spade a spade. The Aso Rok corrupt and incompetent clown FAILED..

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by arresa: 1:52am On Nov 22, 2014
blemon44:
what about his parformance?
what did he do when he was in power?
8 years and nothing happened
same old story

What else is new ? Sweep story under carpet and attack the messenger...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by blemon44(m): 1:54am On Nov 22, 2014
arresa:

What else is new ? Sweep story under carpet and attack the messenger...

WHY?
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by swtme(f): 1:56am On Nov 22, 2014
Mr obosanjo enough with all this stories. ..u ain't any better

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by blemon44(m): 1:58am On Nov 22, 2014
swtme:
Mr obosanjo enough with all this stories. ..u ain't any better

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER

abeg help me tell am

ask him if he's a saint

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by tit(f): 2:02am On Nov 22, 2014
Oga OBJ,
GEJ is 5X better than you.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by swtme(f): 2:07am On Nov 22, 2014
blemon44:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER

abeg help me tell am

ask him if he's a saint

errrrrrrmmmm okay I would tell him if I av more bodyguards than him.....n point of correction I'm a sister winkcool
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by blemon44(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2014
swtme:

errrrrrrmmmm okay I would tell him if I av more bodyguards than him.....n point of correction I'm a sister winkcool

oh sister
why are you still awake?
you should be sleeping as a sister
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2014
Baba thank you we know the difference between GEJ & OBJ

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Truckpusher(m): 2:10am On Nov 22, 2014
Which of the Obasanjos? The hypocrite? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 2:10am On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ that cannot even construct a motorable road to his Otta Farm ? - SMH undecided

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 2:11am On Nov 22, 2014
Truckpusher:

YES!
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by blemon44(m): 2:11am On Nov 22, 2014
Truckpusher:

the Obasanjo that you know
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by swtme(f): 2:15am On Nov 22, 2014
blemon44:

oh sister
why are you still awake?o
you should be sleeping as a sister

I dey pray 4 uncle jona

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 2:16am On Nov 22, 2014
tit:
Oga OBJ,
GEJ is 5X better than you

I concur. The baba is a Maverick undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 22, 2014
This ozodimgba is just a big old fool
Why can't he just shut up that his mouth
A man that has no honor in his household ,disgraced and rejected by his own children ,that ought to be sitting somewhere thinking of his miserable life
Why is he so interested in this
Trying to stay relevant
What was his achievement
Bankrupting nigerian airways and putting it out of business or sleeping with family members?
Imagine obj of all people accusing someone of not having honor

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Yeske2(m): 2:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Firefire:
OBJ that cannot even construct a motorable road to his Otta Farm ? - SMH undecided

He at least constructed Onitsha-Owerri road, which has GEJ constructed in the SE? In as much as i dislike OBJ, GEJ is 'worser' . His cluelessness is legendary and his minders ain't helping matters for him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by bunmioguns(m): 2:37am On Nov 22, 2014
Pot calling kettle black
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Yeske2:
He at least constructed Onitsha-Owerri road, which has GEJ constructed in the SE? In as much as i dislike OBJ, GEJ is 'worser' . His cluelessness is legendary and his minders ain't helping matters for him.

Is any South easterner complaining to you?
GEJ (and Yaradua ) has/ have done more for the SE than all former presidents and heads of states put together
Quote me

First of all it was in yaradua and GEJ's rule that the Abia regained oil wells that were taken from them and given to Rivers state
That alone is a major deal

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by say4gunit(m): 2:41am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:
This ozodimgba is just a big old fool
Why can't he just shut up that his mouth
A man that has no honor in his household ,disgraced and rejected by his own children ,that ought to be sitting somewhere thinking of his miserable life
Why is he so interested in this
Trying to stay relevant
What was his achievement
Bankrupting nigerian airways and putting it out of business or sleeping with family members?
You should be the one to be called a fool, Baba is only saying the fact and there is nothing you or PDP can do about that. Why don't you want a failure to be called a failure? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Baba is better than your whole Generation and you should better learn to respect your elders.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 22, 2014
say4gunit:

You should be the one to be called a fool, Baba is only saying the fact and there is nothing you or PDP can do about that. Why don't you want a failure to be called a failure? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Baba is better than your whole Generation and you should better learn to respect your elders.

You are free to make your point and I am free to make mine and I have

This is a school in Ogun state dubbed the worst school in The world ,OBJ's home state
A man who has ruled Nigeria collectively for up to 10 years
And he has fingers to point at someone else?
Give me a break

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by pendy79: 2:44am On Nov 22, 2014
OBJ. GEJ all product of the worst and most corrupt political party in the world after the Communist Party in china.

Though China dey execute them own corrupt officials our own GEJ gives them national honour and presidential pardon.

We will sweep away and probe both of you.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by say4gunit(m): 2:46am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

You are free to make your point and I am free to make mine and I have
Do you seriously believe that you made a point?
For your mind!
Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Yeske2(m): 2:50am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

Is any South easterner complaining to you?
GEJ and Yaradua has done more for the SE than all former presidents and heads of states put together
Quote me

First of all it was in yaradua and GEJ's rule that the Abia regained oil wells that were taken from them and given to Rivers state
That alone is a major deal
Hold it sister, i live in the SE. Gist us his achievements in the SE and..... hey, do you live in the SE? GEJ is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 22, 2014
Yeske2:
Hold it sister, i live in the SE. Gist us his achievements in the SE, GEJ is a joke.

GEJ remodelled Enugu Airport that now has international flights

GEJ completed the Owerri-Onitsha expressway which OBJ abandoned in 2006.

Enugu-Abakiliki expressway

most parts of the Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway.

GEJ has also remodelled the Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri. I saw this happen with my korokoro eyes.before GEJ that airport looked like a motor park

GEJ has built a new federal university in Afikpo, EBonyi State.

GEJ gave the SE her first COAS since the civil war

GEJ gave Igbos and southerners key ministerial positions like Petroleum,energy that have have traditionally been controlled by alhajis

The oil wells Abia regained from Rivers state stolen by Gowon

Those are just to mention a few

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Yeske2(m): 3:10am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

GEJ remodelled Enugu Airport, that now has international flights

GEJ completed the Owerri-Onitsha which OBJ abandoned in 2006.

GEJ has also remodelled the Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri. I saw this happen with my korokoro eyes.before GEJ that airport looked like a motor , pleaspark

GEJ has built a new federal university in Afikpo, EBonyi State.

GEJ gave the SE her first COAS since the civil war

The oil wells Abia regained from Rivers state stolen by Gowon

Those are just a few

Remodeled flooded airport abi, Onitsha- Owerri road completed by GEJ? And guess what, that's the only federal road in the SE worthy of mention
Do you live in the SE? Stop getting brainwashed by the saTANists

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by greatgod2012(f): 3:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Coming from Elder Obasanjo
I smell hypocrisy!!!

Elder Obasanjo should learn to keep silent as an elder, especially when he himself knows that he didn't perform better than the one he's criticising. As an elder, he should know that when someone throw a stone in the market, it might likely hit his/her personal person. There's no way baba Obasanjo could be saying this, without him being referred to his own tenure as the country's civilian president for eight good years without any tangible and concrete perfomance to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Not saying i'm satisfied with GEJ's performance though.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 22, 2014
Yeske2:
Remodeled flooded airport abi, Onitsha- Owerri road completed by OBJ? And guess what, that's the only federal road in the SE worthy of mention
Do you live in the SE? Stop getting brainwashed by the saTANists

This is laguardia airport in NY after a flood
The second is Bangkok
Nothing new
Heavy rains can cause flooding anywhere

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by naijaking1: 3:18am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:
Coming from Elder Obasanjo
I smell hypocrisy!!!

Elder Obasanjo should learn to keep silent as an elder, especially when he himself knows that he didn't perform better than the one he's criticising. As an elder, he should know that when someone throw a stone in the market, it might likely hit his/her personal person. There's no way baba Obasanjo could be saying this, without him being referred to his own tenure as the country's civilian president for eight good years without any tangible and concrete perfomance to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Not saying i'm satisfied with GEJ's performance though.

OBJ should simply declare for APC, and stop all this noise making!
Unlike past US president, OBJ believes that Aso Rock is his personal property, if he couldn't occupy it, he wants to chose who does and how they occupy it!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 22, 2014
This was Gatwick last Christmas and the one below is in corona California

See more
https://www.nairaland.com/1867832/floods-airports-around-world

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okowa Running Youths Inclusive Government, Says Ossai / Permit Me To Call My Primary School Teacher A Fool / PHCN Lagos Spends N2bn On Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.