Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro (2413 Views)

Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? / Igbos Must Learn From Tinubu: Thisday Newspaper / Lets Save Lagos From The Hands Of Tinubu And His Cohorts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Firefire(m): 2:29am On Nov 22, 2014
The immediate past Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, says he is the only person that can wrest power from the All progressives Congress in Lagos.

He added that he was the only one that could rescue the state from the influence of a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is believed to have been largely responsible for the success the APC had been experiencing at the polls since 1999.

Obanikoro said this while addressing party leaders and supporters at the state secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party where he announced his intention to contest in the state’s governorship election.

“It is time to liberate Lagos from Bola Tinubu, the emperor of Bourdillon. It is time for Tinubu to go. This state has been ruled by one man for the past 16 years,” he said.

The former minister told members of the party that it was time for all of them to be united and understand that they were all fighting one enemy- the APC.

Obanikoro would have to defeat his biggest rival, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, at the primaries next month in order to clinch the ticket of the party.

He, therefore, told members of the party that only a person who had experience in governance could improve the fortunes of the state.

Obanikoro, who has served as a local government chairman, a senator, a High Commissioner and a minister, urged members of the party to vote at the primaries based on experience, not sentiments.

He said, “Experience can never be purchased. This state has been ruled by one man for the past 16 years and I can tell you that only those who have served in government can make meaningful change.

“Those who don’t have experience cannot make meaningful change, they will only go there to start learning governance and we don’t need an apprentice governor in Lagos. See the quantum debt sustained by the APC in this state. Only one person can win and fix Lagos and that is Obanikoro.”

The governorship aspirant dispelled rumours that he was a violent man.

He argued that he had never been found wanting ever since he joined active partisan politics.

While pointing at his two sons that attended the event, he said, “I have been married for 34 years. Is there anywhere in the world where a thug has been married for that long? Look at my children, do they look like products of a violent upbringing?”

Earlier, the Chairman of the PDP in the state, Capt. Tunji Shelle (retd.), promised that the primaries would be free and fair, adding that no aspirant would be imposed on the party.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Firefire(m): 2:30am On Nov 22, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by bunmioguns(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2014
He should go and die

4 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by greatgod2012(f): 2:50am On Nov 22, 2014
Honestly, i really wish Lagos state is delievered from the hand of Tinubu but i have some fears.........

I doubt if Lagosians even want that to happen, because Lagosians believe so much on APC.
I don't believe Obanikoro is even up to that task yet, because he too is kinda corrupt too.
And finally, i'm yet to see any significant difference between APC and PDP in terms of corruption.

5 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Howmon: 3:14am On Nov 22, 2014
he should save himself from his stomach first.

2 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by jeffizy(m): 3:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Messiah has spoken.
Tinubu must be hiding and shivering in a dark corner by now.
shocked

1 Like

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by egift(m): 4:04am On Nov 22, 2014
Only Lagosians can help Tinubu save Lagos from the pocket of Bode George and his Son Obanikoro grin grin grin

Say No To PDP in Lagos!

14 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by adebisiema(m): 4:58am On Nov 22, 2014
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE

1 Like

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by chamboy(m): 5:45am On Nov 22, 2014
Always saving ...... pls go save Chibok girls

6 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by bitterpenis(m): 5:57am On Nov 22, 2014
Good luck to him
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by pelvicky(m): 6:00am On Nov 22, 2014
Say no to APC in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by fitzmayowa: 6:05am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:
Honestly, i really wish Lagos state is delievered from the hand of Tinubu but i have some fears.........

I doubt if Lagosians even want that to happen, because Lagosians believe so much on APC.
I don't believe Obanikoro is even up to that task yet, because he too is kinda corrupt too.
And finally, i'm yet to see any significant difference between APC and PDP in terms of corruption

@bolded well said...

Watch your back our e-warriors might come for you
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by LordMecuzy(m): 6:05am On Nov 22, 2014
greatgod2012:

And finally, i'm yet to see any significant difference between APC and PDP in terms of corruption.

You've said it all
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by disloman(m): 6:08am On Nov 22, 2014
I like this guy.He always dreaming.Keep it up.Obj tried,couldn't succeed.Bro!go sit down joor.

2 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by mrofficial(m): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2014
Obanikoro? You must be joking.
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by omenka(m): 6:29am On Nov 22, 2014
PDP should forget about Lagos. It won't sell!!
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by phlemzy: 6:38am On Nov 22, 2014
The criminal we know is better than the one longing to explore his criminality. The earlier he realise the need to bury his governorship ambition, the better for him.

1 Like

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by greatgod2012(f): 6:46am On Nov 22, 2014
fitzmayowa:

@bolded well said...

Watch your back our e-warriors might come for you

I don't think anyone should attack me on this, because it's an obvious fact.
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by PentiumPro(f): 6:53am On Nov 22, 2014
As the Junior Minister of Defence, he should first list his achievements.

His own image as a friend and mentor of thugs in Lagos is a minus.

Agbaje's image as a protege of BG is not helping

PDP is in a cul de sac in Laogs

EOD.
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Firefire(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2014
Lagosians it is time to claim your right and set yourself free from the tyrant who has ruled you with iron fist without regards to rule of law, he have privatized your common wealth for 16 Years.

Say NOT AGAIN!

You have known the TRUTH please SET yourself FREE from the economic prison.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by PentiumPro(f): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2014
The obvious truth is that Lagos is better under a Tinubu protégé than under a Bode Goerge or Jonathan's

4 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by crownwealth: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2014
As much as change is required in Nigeria, the change should be allowed to start from Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by crownwealth: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2014
PentiumPro:
The obvious truth is that Lagos is better under a Tinubu protégé than under a Bode Goerge or Jonathan's

Are you sure? Are you not weary of Tinubu style of Lording candidates without any form of primaries?

Are you not bothered about Lagos growing debts inspite of her increasing Internal Revenue?

Are you comfortable with Tinubu allocating all juicy posts to his family members?

Please open your inner mind and see that it is no longer acceptable.

WE NEED CHANGE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by seunmsg(m): 7:54am On Nov 22, 2014
crownwealth:

Are you sure? Are you not weary of Tinubu style of Lording candidates without any form of primaries?

Are you not bothered about Lagos growing debts inspite of her increasing Internal Revenue?

Are you comfortable with Tinubu allocating all juicy posts to his family members?

Please open your inner mind and see that it is no longer acceptable.

WE NEED CHANGE!

Tinubu, OBJ, Bode George, Jonathan etc just like any other Nigerian politicians are all corrupt. The difference between Tinubu and other political leader is that he his an extremely intelligent man and he supports competent technocrats to leadership position unlike PDP's Bode George and Obasanjo who keep supporting incompetent and incoherent characters like GEJ, Ade Dosumu and Obanikoro for leadership position. The result, is a working Lagos and disastrous federal government.

Lagosians are well aware of this fact, they will never risk putting the future of their state into the hands of characters like Bode George and Obanikoro. Lagos has achieved tremendous development in the past 16 years and Lagosians are looking forward to another rewarding 8 years, we can't rock the boat now that things are working. Obanikoro will only rule Lagos in his dream.

6 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by focus7: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Saving Lagos from Tinubu to hand it over to Obanikoro is like delivering a child from a headache to hand over to epilepsy and leprosy or like delivering some someone from a demon to hand him over to the devil himself that father all the demons. Obanikoro is worst compare to Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by abeyomoegba: 8:40am On Nov 22, 2014
KORO HAD THE WORST OUTING AMONG THE PDP ASPIRANT THAT HAD CONTESTED AGAINST APC. FIELDIND KORO WILL BE A EASY WIN FOR APC. I THINK HE LACK THE INTELLECTIAL CAPACITY TO GOVERN A SOFISTIICATED STATE LIKE LAGOS..I LL PREFER HE CONTEST THE NEXT CHAIRMANSHIP POSITION OF OSHODI NURTW WITH OLUMO.

2 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by crownwealth: 8:57am On Nov 22, 2014
seunmsg:

Tinubu, OBJ, Bode George, Jonathan etc just like any other Nigerian politicians are all corrupt. The difference between Tinubu and other political leader is that he his an extremely intelligent man and he supports competent technocrats to leadership position unlike PDP's Bode George and Obasanjo who keep supporting incompetent and incoherent characters like GEJ, Ade Dosumu and Obanikoro for leadership position. The result, is a working Lagos and disastrous federal government.

Lagosians are well aware of this fact, they will never risk putting the future of their state into the hands of characters like Bode George and Obanikoro. Lagos has achieved tremendous development in the past 16 years and Lagosians are looking forward to another rewarding 8 years, we can't rock the boat now that things are working. Obanikoro will only rule Lagos in his dream.

Funny but there should be a change or what do you feel?
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by politifact: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2014
Firefire:
The immediate past Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, says he is the only person that can wrest power from the All progressives Congress in Lagos.

He added that he was the only one that could rescue the state from the influence of a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is believed to have been largely responsible for the success the APC had been experiencing at the polls since 1999.

Obanikoro said this while addressing party leaders and supporters at the state secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party where he announced his intention to contest in the state’s governorship election.

“It is time to liberate Lagos from Bola Tinubu, the emperor of Bourdillon. It is time for Tinubu to go. This state has been ruled by one man for the past 16 years,” he said.

The former minister told members of the party that it was time for all of them to be united and understand that they were all fighting one enemy- the APC.

Obanikoro would have to defeat his biggest rival, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, at the primaries next month in order to clinch the ticket of the party.

He, therefore, told members of the party that only a person who had experience in governance could improve the fortunes of the state.

Obanikoro, who has served as a local government chairman, a senator, a High Commissioner and a minister, urged members of the party to vote at the primaries based on experience, not sentiments.

He said, “Experience can never be purchased. This state has been ruled by one man for the past 16 years and I can tell you that only those who have served in government can make meaningful change.

“Those who don’t have experience cannot make meaningful change, they will only go there to start learning governance and we don’t need an apprentice governor in Lagos. See the quantum debt sustained by the APC in this state. Only one person can win and fix Lagos and that is Obanikoro.”

The governorship aspirant dispelled rumours that he was a violent man.

He argued that he had never been found wanting ever since he joined active partisan politics.

While pointing at his two sons that attended the event, he said, “I have been married for 34 years. Is there anywhere in the world where a thug has been married for that long? Look at my children, do they look like products of a violent upbringing?”

Earlier, the Chairman of the PDP in the state, Capt. Tunji Shelle (retd.), promised that the primaries would be free and fair, adding that no aspirant would be imposed on the party.
The same man that used his ministerial post to disrupt lagos state govt housing projects wants to govern the state,you must be dreaming and its better u wake up before its too late.its not your fault but that of slowpoke GEJ that fielded fayose in ekiti,omisore in osun,akala in oyo and now obanikoro in lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2014
crownwealth:

Funny but there should be a change or what do you feel?

If it's not broken, you don't fix it......

Lagos is working.......its a WIP

1 Like

Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by donmalcolm21(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Tinubu must go
Re: Only I Can Save Lagos From Tinubu – Obanikoro by Blackfire(m): 9:08am On Nov 22, 2014
[quote
author=PentiumPro post=28239077]The obvious truth is that Lagos is
better under a Tinubu protégé than under a Bode Goerge or Jonathan's
[/quote]

and who will save lagos from obanikoro

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Jonathan Deleted The Tribute He Made To Murtala Muhammed On Facebook / APC Should Reveal The Truth About Buhari Frequent Visit To London / Truce Meeting For All My Yoruba Muslim APC Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.