Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:03 PM

Fellowship - How Vital! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellowship - How Vital! (356 Views)

If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Activities Of Full Gospel Business Men Fellowship - How Is It Like / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellowship - How Vital! by kpakpandoN(m): 6:16am On Nov 22, 2014
God desires to fellowship with His people on earth, despite the fact that in Heaven, there are four (4) living creatures and twenty four (24) elders round about His throne, with thousand of thousands of angels worshipping before Him (Revelation 4:2-6, 5:11). God has a special place for us in His heart in spite of all that is going on in heaven. May you not fall short of giving satisfaction to God in the area of fellowshipping with Him in Jesus’ Name.

The first motive of Jesus for calling the twelve disciples was fellowship (Mark 3:14). Also, rooted in the call He made to us all in Matthew 11:28-29, is the desire for fellowship. He said:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
This is a call to keep company with the Lord, a call to communion. Learning of Him occurs in His presence. His presence is a point of directing your attention to Him without distraction, in His presence, your whole being is engaged with Him. As you can see from this call, it is from the place of His presence that you derive fulfilment. Joy, peace and victory all come from the presence of the Lord.

Some children of God are first and foremost full of activities. Coming into God’s presence is secondary to them; it is a “by-the-way” thing. No, this is not supposed to be so. Note the order of events in Mark 3:13-15: having settled on the mountain, our Lord Jesus called the twelve disciples up to Himself so that they should be with Him – communion, and thereafter, that He might send them out to preach – Service. Our service will have no meaning if He doesn’t have access to our souls in fellowship. It would not be pleasing to Him if we are not carrying His presence to the point of service delivery. We fellowship with Him when we spend time alone with Him and when we come together in worship, praise, prayers, studying and learning of His word (1 John 1:3). However, some children of God don’t have a personal quality time alone with God, such are depriving themselves of so much.
Re: Fellowship - How Vital! by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2014
Student fellowship these days is filled with acts of immorality

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/11/14 / Spiritual Digest For The Day 28th Of November 2014 / Welcome To Our Month Of "New Birth In Christ Jesu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.