Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo (43861 Views)

Dino Melaye Grades Jonathan's Performance On His Customized T.Shirt (Photo) / Jonathan’s Performance As President Below Average – Obasanjo / 61% Of Nigerians Approve Pres Jonathan’s Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by McDonalds2014(m): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday described the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan as below average.
Obasanjo spoke during an encounter with book writers in Abeokuta, Ogun State, as part of activities marking the popular Ake Festival.
When asked of his view on Jonathan’s administration, he said, “His performance is below average. I will not accept responsibility for his performance. There is nobody that gets such a position without being helped.”
The former President also debunked the insinuations that he had selected Jonathan as the running mate to the late President Musa Yar’Adua because he knew the latter was sick.
“Yar’Adua told me he was well. He showed me his medical report and I even consulted experts,” he said.
He said he had only supported the idea of a South-Southerner succeeding Yar’Adua to extend the sense of belonging that the emergence of a Southern President in 1999 represented.
When the former President was also asked on why he preferred Jonathan to the former governor of Rivers State, Donald Duke, he said, “In my own life, I don’t put all my eggs in one basket. Duke was young enough to be in the reserve.
“He did not agree with me. Donald Duke is my friend but he needs a little of toning down. He needs to get his feet on the ground.”
The former President had, in a December 2, 2013 18-page letter to Jonathan titled: “Before it is too late” raised many issues concerning Jonathan’s administration.
The Presidency on Friday said a statement credited to Obasanjo that President Goodluck Jonathan’s performance is below average was “not true and in error.”
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said this in a telephone interview withSATURDAY PUNCH.
Okupe said if the statement indeed emanated from the former leader, it was the most uncharitable thing to say about the present administration which he said had achieved so much in various areas.
“If indeed former President Obasanjo said that, that statement was in error because no government since independence has done close to 50 per cent of what this administration has done in less than four years,” Okupe said.
He recalled that when Obasanjo was leaving office, the total power generation capacity in the country was about 2,600MW, claiming that the present administration had been able to raise the figure to about 4,000MW.
Okupe also said the Jonathan administration inherited 24 airports that were in states of disrepair across the country at inception.
He said all the airports had so far been refurbished by the present administration, therefore increasing the country’s reputation among comity of nations.
The presidential aide also said the present administration inherited 10 moribund National Integrated Power Projects and went ahead to restore and commission them.
He added that the Jonathan administration had succeeded in completely eradicating the rot and corruption met in the distribution of fertilisers in the agriculture sector.
He also said the present administration made progress in road construction by making 70 per cent of road network motorable.
Okupe also said many of the manufacturing industries that were moribund in 2011 have started work again.
“These are just a few among the achievements of the present administration. So if that statement was indeed made, it is most uncharitable and it is not true,” he added.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-performance-below-average-obasanjo/

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by FiftyFifty(m): 6:27am On Nov 22, 2014
U can say dt again.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 22, 2014
With this statement, I can safely assert that Jonathan is going next year. grin

Chief Obasanjo has spoken well again. grin

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by kokoA(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2014
The whole world knows that.

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by jamace(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2014
Chai, OBJ opening his mouth to talk trash again? A man who can not organise his immediate family? A man who through the benevolence of the almighty God had power thrusted on him 2 times to rule Nigeria but wasted the golden opportunities? Oh, this is where I miss ABACHA cry

OBJ looted this country beyond imagination. Read this: https://www.nairaland.com/1580013/derivation-deprivation-ii-ill-gotten-wealth

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by DaGC(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2014
Despite his shortcomings, I still see several improvements compared to Obj's 8years. I knew the state of certain several federal roads then and now, then there's the railway, the attention to agriculture is one I fully endorse plus the other merits Dr Okupe mentioned.

Honestly, we deserve more but compared to his predecessors, this administration achieved more in certain areas. But in this day and age, we deserve way more.

Truth be told, I doubt I will be able to get over Obj's sacking of the riverine communities of the Niger Delta. Government should be protecting its citizens, not killing them.

179 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by GboyegaD(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2014
Even the 5 year old toddler in Nigeria can assert that GEJs performance is well below average.

172 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by peleson: 7:05am On Nov 22, 2014
For example, obj speny 8 yrs building bells university, obj farms, obj libery,obj holdings which are all worth millions of dollars while in office! Atiku was busy as vice building the most expensive university in w/africa in yola.
Gej in his 1st 3yrs in office established 11 federal universities. Built roads obj didn't build. Completing power stations obj budgeted for n looted all the money tru imoke. Hmmm Nigerians should know their hero! Obj is not one!
In 1999 u couldn't pick up form for ur presidential election because u were so broke but after being a president u are worth billions of dollars! Then u are a saint abi! Reasons he wanted 3rd term! Ewu awusa

312 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by PentiumPro(f): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2014
I will not accept responsibility for his performance. There is nobody that gets such a position without being helped.”

Nigerians know you helped him to get into Aso Rock, Nigerians also want you to help him leave Aso Rock in 2015.

He is a raging bull in a Chinese shop.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by 9jii(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2014
Nigerians never witness any bad government like this.

If he continues from where OBJ, Yar'adua stopped Nigerians will not be celebrating 'stomach infrastructure'.

When insecurity and Impunity are reigning all the rules of good government collapse.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2014
Baba has spoken well. GEJ is a monumental failure, he must go next year. We can't go through another 4 years of incompetence and below average performance.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2014
We know OBJ didn't really do much but when compared his performance to this GEJ's, his becomes an above-average performance.

It's now a case of an eyed man is the king in the land of the blind.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by MudRaker: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2014
Who made this old fool judge?

Obasonjo go and settle your home and make peace with your children

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Youngzedd(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2014
That's the truth sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by MudRaker: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2014
peleson:
For example, obj speny 8 yrs building bells university, obj farms, obj libery,obj holdings which are all worth millions of dollars while in office! Atiku was busy as vice building the most expensive university in w/africa in yola.
Gej in his 1st 3yrs in office established 11 federal universities. Built roads obj didn't build. Completing power stations obj budgeted for n looted all the money tru imoke. Hmmm Nigerians should know their hero! Obj is not one!
In 1999 u couldn't pick up form for ur presidential election because u were so broke but after being a president u are worth billions of dollars! Then u are a saint abi! Reasons he wanted 3rd term! Ewu awusa

The fools here are so brainwashed with hatred that they can't see.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Clerverly: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2014
He scored him below average, to me, that is high inflation of grades. Jonathan remains on the grade of -1/10!

He Must Go Next Year!

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by ajani1978(m): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2014
Gej is the only worst President ever. Nigerian should open thier eyes now to vote him out comes 2015

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by LagosBoi2(m): 7:42am On Nov 22, 2014
Baba did not put it well, instead

Jonathan has turned this country upside down - Obasanjo

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by frankyychiji(f): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2014
peleson:
Gbam!!

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Saheed9: 7:49am On Nov 22, 2014
Baba isn't far from d truth. But Okupe can lie ehn

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by focus7: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
Baba has spoken. He knows he laid a solid foundation for good governance for his successors to build on. With that in mind, to him what Jonathan and his followers are parading as performance is a disappointment, because to whom much is given much is expected.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by birdman(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2014
o mean e? you didnt know this when you foisted him on us?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2014
GEJ is just too gentle,and slow to hold the exalted post of presidency of this country..

His modus operandi left much to be desired.

He should know ruling Nigeria goes beyond being a Phd holder in zoology,his style of leadership fit operation made for zoo.

Baba is right on this,GEJ is an insult to good leadership.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by mahteens: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Nd urs baba What's ur score!! Honorable principal

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Performance Below Average – Obasanjo by Wittywizard(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2014
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has done well, am not a fan of his administration or the fomer president administration but all i camn say is that... We are all in a country whereby even a toddler can be in his father home, while his/her parent feeding the toddler and ranting different kind of word...... Pls, let us not forget that he is a president for crying out loud... Jonathan has done well but it is jus that he is slow in decision making and lack the will to seek of advice.........
I pity u all

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Official Portrait Of Vp-elect, Osinbajo / Amosun Under Tension To Resign As APM Supporters Curse Out Buhari / Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.