Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time (888 Views)

Can U Forgive A Partner Who Forgot Your Birth Date? / Can U Forgive Your Wife If She Has Another Man's Baby? / Can U Forgive And Accept A Cheating Partner Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 22, 2014
Forgiveness, at a minimum, is a
decision to let go of the desire for revenge and ill-
will toward the person who wronged you. It may
also include feelings of goodwill toward the other
person. Forgiveness is also a natural resolution of
the grief process, which is the necessary
acknowledgment of pain and loss- Psychologist Sonja Lyubomirsky

Forgiveness is not forgetting. “Forgive and
forget” seem to go together. However, the process
of forgiving involves acknowledging to yourself the
wrong that was done to you, reflecting on it, and
deciding how you want to think about it. Focusing
on forgetting a wrong might lead to denying or
suppressing feelings about it, which is not the
same as forgiveness. Forgiveness has taken place
when you can remember the wrong that was done
without feeling resentment or a desire to pursue
revenge. Sometimes, after we get to this point, we
may forget about some of the wrongs people have
done to us. But we don’t have to forget in order to
forgive.

SO MY NAIRALANDERS, can u Forgive and at d same time FORGET
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by mooremedia: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2014
It's not in our nature as humans to forget
the only person who forgives and forgets is God.

Infact forgiving and forgetting is dangerous.
A good memory of the past
will prevent you from allowing it to ever happen again.
Imagine someone that tried to poison you 2 years ago
brings food for you,even though you've forgiven the person
will you eat

It is good to forgive,but if you forget
my brethren,you're O your own o

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Nov 22, 2014
mooremedia:

will you eat

Gbam.

You photocopied my mind
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2014
forgive yes forget NO
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by hannesy(f): 8:16am On Nov 22, 2014
Forgive your enemy but don't forget his name
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by djeezy(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2014
You can forgive but forgetting is quite difficult.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Mprex(f): 8:19am On Nov 22, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
forgive yes forget NO
seconded

1 Like

Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by major466(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2014
The best thing is to forgive and forget. Unfortunately for human beings, it's difficult to forgive and hell very difficult to forget.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2014
I knw of a girl who can forgiv nd forget,...its so amazing..i hv wronged her so many times nd she keeps on forgvn me... I cherish her so so much....
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Missmossy(f): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2014
It depends on the situation first I can always forgive but sometimes not forget.

1 Like

Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 22, 2014
Missmossy:
It depends on the situation first I can always forgive but sometimes not forget.
ok,so wats d worst u cant forgiv?
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2014
I even forget before forgiving.

Hence my getting hurt the second time.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Missmossy(f): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
ok,so wats d worst u cant forgiv?
I'd rather keep it to myself lipsrsealed somethings are better left unsaid.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2014
Missmossy:

I'd rather keep it to myself lipsrsealed somethings are better left unsaid.
no no no.... It leaves room for ppo to do it to u over and over again.. Let it out.. Who knws, ur future husband might note it down....lol
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Missmossy(f): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
no no no.... It leaves room for ppo to do it to u over and over again.. Let it out.. Who knws, ur future husband might note it down....lol
Lollz he knows what it is already grin

No need to say it as its difficult for various ladies.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Missmossy:

Lollz he knows what it is already grin

No need to say it as its difficult for various ladies.
i need u to tell me... I wouldnt want to commit it u knw...pleeeease..
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by herald9: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2014
It's easy to forgive but hard to forget.... unless you want us to forgive and forget you.... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by herald9: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2014
major466:
The best thing is to forgive and forget. Unfortunately for human beings, it's difficult to forgive and hell very difficult to forget.

hey!

Stop generalizing.... I forgive easily... if you don't then then then then that's your problem...
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
I knw of a girl who can forgiv nd forget,...its so amazing..i hv wronged her so many times nd she keeps on forgvn me... I cherish her so so much....

Bros! I bet u, she get plan 4 u...lol
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
mooremedia:

will you eat

U re 101% rite...
Even if s/he had tested d fud, ion tink I wud risk eating.
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
saintuu:

Bros! I bet u, she get plan 4 u...lol
loooool..... She isnt the kind dat hides her feelings..she dey tell me whoha say if i buy ring for am, she go sell am...

1 Like

Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
Missmossy:

Dat d point... It 2 hard 2 4get if not impossible
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
loooool..... She isnt the kind dat hides her feelings..she dey tell me whoha say if i buy ring for am, she go sell am...

Ma broda! At dis point I,ll advice u run 4 ur precious life o... Dat kind girl fit sell u, show u d moni
Re: Opinions Please....can U Forgive And Forget At D Same Time by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
saintuu:

Ma broda! At dis point I,ll advice u run 4 ur precious life o... Dat kind girl fit sell u, show u d moni
she is so cute..... Oh lawd!! I think i will keep her as my mistress....lol nd marry another wife...

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read.. For All Ladies Only :P / Can U Allow Your BF Or GF To Beg U THIS Way / She Refuse To Pick My Calls because Of Xmass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.