Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30042 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Goziejay: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
cahrym:
This is Africa, what you guys dont know is that the fastest means to get a person is through his/her date of birth i mean in terms of spiritual. It makes me laff whenever i see someone writing their date of birth on clothe they wear.
how do you mean spiritual
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by passionate88: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Who cares abt wat ppo think... I'm 22.. Nd i luv dat i'm very young... Thunder go fire anybody wey quote me...
Rain want to fall here... I no go quote u.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by gnykelly(m): 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
joseph1832:
Which university did you graduate from?.

uncle no challenge the guy success. ** na Graduated from not graduate from.**

he is ripe enough
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by joseph1832(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Kizmarty:

Spy properly...

I wasn't the one you asked
I am asking you.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by stevoski2(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Wat does age got to do wit love hehehehe just saying
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by lacasera14(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
I hide my age cos i look smaller than my age, and i don't want people to start saying "are you serious? Can't believe it, you look like you re 16" fact is it has affected my self esteem badly and made me more introverted. You don't wanna be rolling with ur age mates and u re the smallest in their midst how would u feel?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Rocksteady1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sombody once ask me how old I am. I was like

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Seempliehuman(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dunno. But I guess when one gets to some certain stages in life, there are responsibities one is expected to take on so some people hide their age to avoid such responsibilities. Conversely, as you grow older, there are some things or behaviours people expect you to drop. But some people hide their age to carry on with such acts.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Pamcrest(f): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Age is only a number. Unless it's required for sth important, like medicals or legally, u reserve d right not to disclose yr age. Though I agree with d op that u shouldn't lie about it anyway.
In my case I don't lie abt my age but I choose when n to whom I wish to reveal it. If a person asks for my age, I assess why he/she wants to know n that shapes my answer.....A person's age is not a prerequisite for being my friend.
I am as old as i feel.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Psalmpy:

I had samiliar experience with a girl who was my gf.
All she wanted to know then was my age, i was very surprised why she just concerned bout knowing. I discussd this issue with a friend all he told was i should be plain to her that its a norm psyche among ladies. She came to my crib,suddenly that question arose again in d event of telling her my age i paused then ask of her age she was plain nd trutful to my surprise she was 9yrs older. I couldnt utter a word.
Naturally we loved each other.
She's just sweet nd trendy then.
9 years! that's child abuse bro. grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by tslimpez(f): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Am 28 and happy
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:

Seriously undecided tongue

Of cause, to make your claim legit, I need hard copy evidence. Isn't that what happens in a court? undecided grin
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

Of cause, to make your claim legit, I need hard copy evidence. Isn't that what happens in a court? undecided grin

Yea, in a court.... This is a....
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by ignis: 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Age is nothing but a number. ...
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by hardeiluxie: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
mumumugu:
Let ,me confess

i am older than adam
U should 've bin dead by now..........Adam z already gone wot 're u stil doin on earth? lipsrsealed
mumumugu:
Let ,me confess

i am older than adam
U should 've bin dead by now..........Adam z already gone wot 're u stil doin on earth?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by UnimkeAk(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hehehe, I bin get very big mouth, I dash my colleagues nicknames tire, I yab boiz tire, we bin no gt babes just shemales (dept of Civil Eng.) I no send.

All the Papa's in my dept, will be lyk Unimke, I'm not your mate, I finished secondary school in '96, some say the finished in '92 grin grin , So I come dey respect my elders. Even tho we found ourselves in the same place at that same time.

During Nysc, chics d fill ID card eg 1st may ___ leave the year blank.. grin grin

Guys don't really hide their age, it is a female trend.

Imagine say babe d clock 33, she never marry, no fiancee, do u expect her 2 open hr mouth say she b 33.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:

Yea, in a court.... This is a....

.....Thread Court. tongue

ignis:
Age is nothing but a number. ...

Prove it Ignis.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nigerians and their Nosyness. They always wanna use your age against you. Its a terrible culture we've got. We never have anything positive to say about the next person. We can use age to bring down the next person to make ourselves feel better. Thats hypocrisy and inferiority complex. I dnt blame people for hiding their ages. Even from the people ruling us down to the common man, they forge ages. Its a culture and its pathetic. I wish our mentality wasnt this horrible. We are tooooo age specific in everything.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by texanomaly(f): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:
Still don't understand y people lie bout their age ... Formerly I don't, but now.... smiley

Probably because of guys like this, and a society that is age discriminate.

Bsc:
Bck in school ma G.f and I always had dis issue of age . She wanted to knw ma age without disclosing hers, was scared to mention ma real age cuz she might be ma senior and didn't wanted to lie abt it. Oneday she came to visit me, and she wanted to pee , so I opened her bag and saw her school data. Lol and behold she was 5yr older than me. Up till now my girl frnd can't tell why I kicked her out of ma life despite her much care and love..lol
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by dein77(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Nigerians and their Nosyness. They always wanna use your age against you. Its a terrible culture we've got. We never have anything positive to say about the next person. We can use age to bring down the next person to make ourselves feel better. Thats hypocrisy and inferiority complex. I dnt blame people for hiding their ages. Even from the people ruling us down to the common man, they forge ages. Its a culture and its pathetic. I wish our mentality wasnt this horrible. We are tooooo age specific in everything.

Almost always brutal.....Very true shaaa
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

.....Thread Court. tongue

I hear u... smiley

Prove it Ignis.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Ehimenboy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
I think it's not totally because of underachievement, relationships, prestige and the like. The most of it all boils down to African culture. In Yoruba-land, every adult is given a significant level of respect by every other adult (except their parents and older siblings). It doesn't necessarily matter if the adult is younger or older. Moreover, asking an adult for their age (from the Yoruba perspective) appears contemptous and wouldn't normally surface under a peaceful atmosphere.
The issue of age inquisition before marriage does not usually come up as the parents of the intending couple (key orchestrators) go on their own research. Information has its way of going around in their little communities those days so no need trying to hide anything.
African culture definitely has the greatest contribution to this.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Zoeee,
Lol, how are you?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:
Zoeee,
Lol, how are you?

I'm fine, thank you
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:

I'm fine, thank you

Oh great! Having a good weekend?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 4:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

Oh great! Having a good weekend?

Sure. You?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cahrym(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
swissyelsie:

Add an "LOL" at the end of the post to show that you're joking at least...
no am not
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by cahrym(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
Goziejay:
how do you mean spiritual
You dont know abi?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
zoeee:

Sure. You?

Not exactly.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
dein77:

Almost always brutal.....Very true shaaa

Na so we see am. The nigerian mentality has not made us proud of our ages. A lot of things have to change but i guess its too late for that.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by zoeee(f): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Scrypt:

Not exactly.

Why?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
The kind of status we would be updating on social
media (BBM, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) if we
were in the times of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses,
etc:
Princess: Guys its scary, Lot's wife just turned into
a pillar of salt! # shaking
B'jayB: Just chilling in 1st class at Noah's ark, the
view here is fantastic. But this Lions keep staring at
me. # weird
Damiflex: Chilling with Moses by Mt Sinai... Miracles
be going down here. # miraclethings
Kemikollz: Eve and hubby got banished. O, they ate
the forbidden fruit. I mean who does that? # smh
Jacob's status: Can't believe I served her father for
14 years just to get her... Luv u Rachel.
# TinsWeDo4Love
Pweetykemi: Some people are so cruel! Cain, how
could you kill your own brother? # RIPAbel. Your
brother is # dorowicked
One of Jesus' disciples post: What a long day...
Walking and preaching the gospel. Now hanging out
with Jesus and chilling with my brothers. This guys
are funny... LLP! (Laffin Like Pharaoh)
Isaac: Damn, dad nearly sacrificed me! ... Lolz
# selfiewithram
The two thieves beside Jesus be like: Chilling with
the king of d Jews! # calvarythingz
Horlayhemmi Swagilicious: Can't believe Elisha just
allowed bears to eat up those children!
# Likeseriously ?
flex*Samson*fist*: The chick sold me out... I'm
going to bring the roof down on this party!
# doroAngry
Kevin D Finest: Judas did what That bro ain't
loyal. #smh#
Dejavu: Jesus just turned water to wine, I go drink
away my sorrow... # doroshayo #
Jason Stackhouse: This pharaoh na baaad guy!!!!
Crossing the # redsea on point... # doroEscape

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers Buried (Photos) / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage / Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.