Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? (30041 Views)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / And What's So Special About The Male Child? / What's So Special About Twins??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by RAO1(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yorubas do this , I know.(cherish respect a lot )... few of igbos I av around me don't really do it (since they don't av much respect for elderly ppl)...other tribes idunno..
yooba ni ibanuje ni Ojo ori... beeni agba 'o kan ogbon
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by ijbeauty(f): 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
danbrowndmf:
I respect Your View but that was a nigerian man opinion. if u did nt see his age i guess u wuldnt hv known hez younger than u with such age difference,dt wen ur suppose to know AGE is Just a Number
but lyk i said i Respect Your Opinion.

There was more to it dearie....... It didn't say we parted ways immediately I found out.....lol!!!
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by danbrowndmf(m): 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
ijbeauty:

There was more to it dearie....... It didn't say we parted ways immediately I found out.....lol!!!
Well lyk I said I respect Your Opinion
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by sconp: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
no matter how long this epistle is, I won't still tell you my age. cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 24, 2014
My age is exclusively my business! Only God, my family and appropriate authorities know my age. I tell it to those I trust and believe you me, trust is a very rare commodity these days. It is almost out of stock! Case dismissed!!!
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by maclatunji: 6:40am On Nov 24, 2014
yinkuscious:
For d first time on NL, I saw a post dat actually touched my heart. Seriously I'm guilty of dis, apart from my mum and broda no one else knows my real, cos I'm actually really younger than all d people around me and I also feel too young, which sometimes I wish I'm older... But dunno how to get them to knw my real age. Imagine me having a friend who are 4, 5 or 6 years older than me.. I feel somehow

I have friends that are 10-15 years older than me.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by yinkuscious(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2014
maclatunji:

I have friends that are 10-15 years older than me.
wow! So how do u cope with them ?
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by maclatunji: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2014
yinkuscious:
wow! So how do u cope with them ?

Relate with them based on issues that we share interest in that have to be addressed. Once you show decorum and a good head, it is easy for older people to relate to you especially those that are mature.

There will always be those that will want to rub being older in your face. I just allow issues, systems and processes deal with them.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2014
RAO1:
Yorubas do this , I know.(cherish respect a lot )... few of igbos I av around me don't really do it (since they don't av much respect for elderly ppl)...other tribes idunno..
yooba ni ibanuje ni Ojo ori... beeni agba 'o kan ogbon
pls speak for yorubas... Who told you Igbo people don't have respect for elders? We do, only that we don't bow down to humans or prostrate for mere mortals. We reserve that homage for only God. If you don't know Igbo's well (not the born-and-brought-up-in-lagos ones), don't speak on their behalf.
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by confylo(f): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ok cheesy[quote][/quote][img][/img][img][/img]
Re: What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? by yinkuscious(m): 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
maclatunji:

Relate with them based on issues that we share interest in that have to be addressed. Once you show decorum and a good head, it is easy for older people to relate to you especially those that are mature.

There will always be those that will want to rub being older in your face. I just allow issues, systems and processes deal with them.
ok. Thanks for the shared experience

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers Buried (Photos) / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage / Leaving My Wife And Kids To Travel Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.