Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders (1891 Views)

Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / APC Presidential Aspirants To Pay N27 Million For Forms / Official Nigerian Presidential Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 11:13am On Nov 22, 2014
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN:

GEJ is 57 years old. He is older than Barack Obama (America) by 4 years and Cameron (UK) by 14 years. He is younger than Putin (Russia) by 5 years and Xi Jinpin (China) by 4 years. He is also younger than Abbott (Australia) by 10 years.

GENERAL M. BUHARI

GMB is 71 years old. He is older than Barack Obama (America) by 18 years and Cameron (UK) by 28 years. He is older than Putin (Russia) by 9 years and Xi Jinpin (China) by 10 years. He is older than Abbott (Australia) by 4 years.

ATIKU ABUBAKAR

ATIKU is 67 years old. He is older than Barack Obama (America) by 14 years and Cameron (UK) by 24 years. He is older than Putin (Russia) by 5 years and Xi Jinpin (China) by 4 years. He is the same age as Abbott (Australia).

How old will the presidential aspirants be after they may have served 8 years:

GEJ: 61
GMB: 79
ATIKU: 76
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by rawpadgin(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2014
imagine buhari won rule us enter 80 years
we say God forbid

5 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2014
These are their pictures

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by gbenga4sure(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2014
who is Gej we dont know him here in Yemen but we think GMB is the best option for Nigeria. BTW infact Atiku ugly pass OBJ grin

2 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by walexGodson(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
God knows best

1 Like

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
walexGodson:
God knows best

True. It's important that we know too.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by pelvicky(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
See buhari like a blind man...anyway it is.

Gej till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by saintneo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
I'm not a Buhari supporter. Age doesn't matter in leadership, instead, the ability to move your people forward. Your people here means everyone not sectionalisation. Let's take an example the Israeli former PMs Ariel Sharon, Shimon Perez. Mr Shimon Perez is still a leader in the Labour Party and he is 91years, alive and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
saintneo:
I'm not a Buhari supporter. Age doesn't matter in leadership, instead, the ability to move your people forward. Your people here means everyone not sectionalisation. Let's take an example the Israeli former PMs Ariel Sharon, Shimon Perez. Mr Shimon Perez is still a leader in the Labour Party and he is 91years, alive and healthy.

The post is not aimed at mocking any of the aspirants.
Having clarified that, I have to add that your statement about age and effective leadership is relative. In leadership, modern mindset, keeping up with current trends and understanding of the dynamics that emerge with contemporary society are important determinants of leadership effectiveness. It takes a contemporary leader to keep up with these stuffs, and such leaders are rare.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by saintneo(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

Having clarified that, I have to add that your statement about age and effective leadership is relative. In leadership, modern mindset, keeping up with current trends and understanding of the dynamics that emerge with contemporary society are important determinants of leadership effectiveness. It takes a contemporary leader to keep up with these stuffs, and such leaders are rare.

Yeah! I clearly understand the perspective of your thread. I just wanted derailers to keep off.

Furthermore, in my 'little' definition of leadership the keyword is forward. Thanks for you expanded definition.

1 Like

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

Rubbish, your post betrays you!!!!!!!! It took an Old Mandela to put SA back to prominence but. "Young" Mbeki to mess up the System with his strange policies at both ANC and RSA until his unglorious exit.

The Performance of Old Obasanjo(though not impressive) outweighs that of Young Jonathan.

Administration is not really about age, it is about character, sincerity, intelligence, PATRIOTISM and experience among others.

1 Like

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
Rubbish!!!!!!!! It took an Old Mandela to put SA back to prominence but. "Young" Mbeki to mess up the System with his strange policies at both ANC and RSA until his unglorious exit.
The Performance of Old Obasanjo(though not impressive) outweighs that of Young Jonathan.

South Africa was developed and prominent before Mandela took over, irrespective of apartheid.

I respect your view, but I can tell you affirmatively that Olusegun Obasanjo did not perform better than GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

South Africa was developed and prominent before Mandela took over, irrespective of apartheid.

I respect your view, but I can tell you affirmatively that Olusegun Obasanjo did not perform better than GEJ.

Do you mind a debate? An open debate between us on Obj and GEJ?

Btw: RSA was unpopular during the Apartheid for human right abuses, rascism and what have you.
Prominence came when Madiba was brought to power and he showed the "Whites" how to live in unity with others of different race.

1 Like

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
Do you mind a debate? An open debate between Obj and GEJ?

I don't mind if you can keep insolence and partisanship out of it.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

I don't mind if you can keep insolence and partisanship out of it.
leave the matter of "IF", it will be about Fact 4 Fact. I bring mine, you bring yours.

You game? So we can decide when to create the thread
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:

Btw: RSA was unpopular during the Apartheid for human right abuses, rascism and what have you.
Prominence came when Madiba was brought to power and he showed the "Whites" how to live in unity with others of different race.

As far as the word, "Popularity" and "prominence" goes, SA was very popular and prominent socio/economically and politically. This is despite how much the apartheid tainted their image. Mandela inherited a very organized and developed society and was smart enough to retain it despite the hate and calls by the black SAns for him to "MUGABE" the whites. That was why SA was the way it was and it still is.

3 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
leave the matter of "IF", it will be about Fact 4 Fact. I bring mine, you bring yours.

You game? So we can decide when to create the thread

No insults and no PDP/APC talks. Let's do it clean and you'll get my full devotion. You just need to agree, then I'm game.

2 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

As far as the word, "Popularity" and "prominence" goes, SA was very popular and prominent socio/economically and politically. This is despite how much the apartheid tainted their image. Mandela inherited a very organized and developed society and was smart enough to retain it despite the hate and calls by the black SAns for him to "MUGABE" the whites. That was why SA was the way it was and it still is.
they were prominent and popular "socially" and politically during the Aparthied? This is the most ridiculous statement I have seen. Do you know what you just said? Do you know what Social Prominence is? Or what political prominence is? Do you understand these terms or you just want to speak "big big girama"? Okay, can you tell us how a country with widespread human right abuse and government backed racism was socio-politically prominent? Please, let us see your facts at hand on why you arrive at such position

1 Like

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

How many "modern" societies have you lived in?
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

No insults and no PDP/APC talks. Let's do it clean and you'll get my full devotion. You just need to agree, then I'm game.
My friend what is the meaning of this? which Óne is APC/PDP? Was Óbj an APC man when he was President? As for insult be rest assured that I am a very focussed person when it comes to factual debate. That is uncalled for. Like I said, I will present facts why I insist Obj was FAR better than GEJ despite obj's underperformance, it is not my business to speak "for" GEJ, so get that. Please are you in? If yes I will announce to the house so we can fix a day/night. I really will want the observations of members and mods.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
they were prominent and popular "socially" and politically during the Aparthied? This is the most ridiculous statement I have seen. Do you know what you just said? Do you know what Social Prominence is? Or what political prominence is? Do you understand these terms or you just want to speak "big big girama"? Okay, can you tell us how a country with widespread human right abuse and government backed racism was socio-politically prominent? Please, let us see your facts at hand on why you arrive at such position

South Africa was a well known multi-cultural society that had a bustling middle-class that was segregated on racial basis. Inspite of the apartheid, SA enjoyed the richness of it's diversity, just that class in society, at that time, was determined according to race.
The culture of black South Africans remained and was respected, however, the segregation was unacceptable to the blacks because of the economic implications. However,inspite of the extermination of apartheid and the rise of blacks to the leadership position in SA, the social class trend remains and is reflected by income rate.

3 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
How many "modern" societies have you lived in?

I don't intend to boast, but you can only dream of living in the number of the so called "modern" societies that I have lived in (1yr and above)

2 Likes

Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
My friend what is the meaning of this? which Óne is APC/PDP? Was Óbj an APC man when he was President? As for insult be rest assured that I am a very focussed person when it comes to factual debate. That is uncalled for. Like I said, I will present facts why I insist Obj was FAR better than GEJ despite obj's underperformance, it is not my business to speak "for" GEJ, so get that. Please are you in? If yes I will announce to the house so we can fix a day/night. I really will want the observations of members and mods.

I said that I'm game. Throw facts at me, I'll do same to you.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

I said that I'm game. Throw facts at me, I'll do same to you.
thanks. Fix a day... It should be in a fresh thread and people should be pre-informed. A date
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

South Africa was a well known multi-cultural society that had a bustling middle-class that was segregated on racial basis. Inspite of the apartheid, SA enjoyed the richness of it's diversity, just that class in society, at that time, was determined according to race.
The culture of black South Africans remained and was respected, however, the segregation was unacceptable to the blacks because of the economic implications. However,inspite of the extermination of apartheid and the rise of blacks to the leadership position in SA, the social class trend remains and is reflected by income rate.
Is this your basis for saying "SA was Socio-politically" prominent and popular during the Aparthied?
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
thanks. Fix a day... It should be in a fresh thread and people should be pre-informed. A date

We can start now. I'm spending my weekend in Australia, and it is 11:54 pm now, but I can stay and get this done till morning. I really don't mind. If you insist on another day, then you may have to fix it, then, I'll check if I'll create time to do it.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Justcash:

We can start now. I'm spending my weekend in Australia, and it is 11:54 pm now, but I can stay and get this done till morning. I really don't mind. If you insist on another day, then you may have to fix it, then, I'll check if I'll create time to do it.
Sorry we can't start now because the thread will greatly be derailed and viewers. Take your time and enjoy your hols, I am sure Tuesday won't be bad for us.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
Is this your basis for saying "SA was Socio-politically" prominent and popular during the Aparthied?

Being prominent implies being noticeable, conspicuous. During the apartheid era, the socio-political and economic sectors was most prominent than when Mandela was released.

Popularity implies being comprehensible and appealing. South Africa was very popular in both Africa and other continents. Their cultures especially. For example The popularity of black South Africa led to the solidarity that they enjoyed among their fellow black African nation's like Nigeria. The whites were equally popular in Europe especially.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Justcash(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
barcanista:
Sorry we can't start now because the thread will greatly be derailed and viewers. Take your time and enjoy your hols, I am sure Tuesday won't be bad for us.

Deal then. I'll be on the watch out for your prompt.
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by zurine(f): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
ok
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by saintneo(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Let's get ready to rumble.

Tag me when you rams lock horns cheesy
Re: Age Of NIGERIAN Presidential Aspirants Compared To Those Of World Leaders by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
I volunteer to watch out for you guys and I respect your regard for each other .... !!

Kindly stay to date because many of us will actually learn from your debate ....

[b]Barcanista vs JustCash Reloaded .... Two Nigerians on ZAs Historic Values !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Distributes Rice, Chicken And Cash To Ekiti Indigines (pics) / ALERT!!! Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Drown In Lake Chad / N/D Group Tells Asari, Don’t Blame Jonathan’s Defeat To S/west, North Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.