Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… (26178 Views)

Boko Haram: Security Personnel Displays Gallantry (photos) / Army Promotes Three Officers For Showing Bravery Against Boko Haram / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by ayomidegambari(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
hmm, I just pray these three dudes shouldn't be boko haram next target..coz they aint happy as dem elevate una o!!! Mk I mind my speech 2 coz BH boys dey nairaland too
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by vitality22(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
henry4vicc:
BUY CHEAP DATA ON GLO AND MTN NOW

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000
note that this data works directly on all devices with monthly duration

CALL (080-595-800-72)

This guy is a scam. Everybody should beware. You have been warned ooo
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by yoged(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
keypad1:
ok

on my way to Switzerland for my phd programme.

Bye nairaland
o di gba, o doju ala
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
A Welcome development. The FG should also consider it wise to improve Òn the welfare Ànd buy arms for the boys. The government MUST justify the billions spent on the Military or be ready to be jailed by President Buhari next year for misappropriation
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
gud effort
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by koikoi2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
That's a welcome development but d promotion shud not be limited to high ranking officers only. Let them also remember to promote d foot soldiers , I mean d recruits dat do not hv even one rank for d past 10 yrs in service.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by SailorXY: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
what exactly did they do?
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by raphy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
whats d need to promote them.it should have been better if the chibok girls have been released .they will carry d promotion go there grave .na wa o
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by DeGenius3(m): 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Good stuff... You also know that much needs to
be done.

i really appreciate what the Army is doing... they should try
harder and do much better.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Reference(m): 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyisco2001:
this will be a good news if the insurgency has stopped, how can u honour someone for the fight that hasn't ended. clueless nation. undecided cry

Please don't be silly. Recognition and reward for gallantry in battle is given at the first opportunity in any armed force anywhere in the world at any period in history I've read. Be informed.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Reference(m): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
hotice01:
They only promoted officers,what about the service men who take the heat directly,die and they give their families a miserable some of money.they would never celebrate ordinary soldiers.pls if you doubt my claim do an indebt research on the way the ordinary soldier is been treated.they are ill-equiped,poorly paid and made to suffer hardship.their allowances are most times not paid under flimsy excuses.they cannot complain or protest because they will be charged fpor mutiny and killed.Nigerians don't really know the true state of the military.only the Nigerian Airforce show a little bit of care for it low ranking soldiers in terms of facilities and infrastructure.

Note: I'm not a Soldier,but I happen to be part of the family.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Reference(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
hotice01:
They only promoted officers,what about the service men who take the heat directly,die and they give their families a miserable some of money.they would never celebrate ordinary soldiers.pls if you doubt my claim do an indebt research on the way the ordinary soldier is been treated.they are ill-equiped,poorly paid and made to suffer hardship.their allowances are most times not paid under flimsy excuses.they cannot complain or protest because they will be charged fpor mutiny and killed.Nigerians don't really know the true state of the military.only the Nigerian Airforce show a little bit of care for it low ranking soldiers in terms of facilities and infrastructure.

Note: I'm not a Soldier,but I happen to be part of the family.

So Captains and Majors donot engage in battle and don't face the enemy. Who leads these NCO's then mister. Before posting please just check up the 'organogram' of a typical armed formation. From sections right to battalions no NCO leads any team into battle. All formations are led and controlled by officers except when such officers are KIA then the most S/NCO can fill the gap temporarily. Be informed. In battle the prime targets are always the officers. Get them offline and destabilize/paralyse command and control.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by MikelMerry(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Soldiers can't boko haram but still they are promoting them saying they fought boko haram but boko haram are still exit. We are not by no one in Nigeria.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Reference(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Phonon:
What happened to promoting the non-commissioned officers carrying their rusted AK-47 (provided by the military) on the front line? Those guys should be promoted too because they are the ones actually fighting and not the commissioned officers.

Yet another. Officers fight at all levels up to Brigade status. Let us put it this way. You will only cease direct engagement with the enemy in battle once you become a 'red neck'. Every soldier, airman and sailor below that is put directly in harm's way just like the NCO's. The airforce is even more exclusive, only officers fly choppers and jets. Once again, in battle, the officers are at more risk of capture or kill because they hold more information and are responsible for planning and directing battlefield engagements. They have to be twice as competent as NCO's to survive and thrive.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by hotice01: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Reference:

So Captains and Majors donot engage in battle and don't face the enemy. Who leads these NCO's then mister. Before posting please just check up the 'organogram' of a typical armed formation. From sections right to battalions no NCO leads any team into battle. All formations are led and controlled by officers except when such officers are KIA then the most S/NCO can fill the gap temporarily. Be informed. In battle the prime targets are always the officers. Get them offline and destabilize/paralyse command and control.
so u mean to say that no NCO has shown real bravery in battle or have shown exceptional service?what is good for the goose is goof for the gander. pls kindly consult the statistics on the fight against the Boko haram insurgents to know who always get the short end of the stick. how many Officers have complained of ill-treatement,lack of adequate weaponry and low moral,that should give you an idea of the true state of things.I believe you belong to the officers cadar that's why you are been one sided.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Samtoby(m): 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmm.. Nice I see this here..... My Uncle was among the 3...
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16am On Nov 23, 2014
henry4vicc:
BUY CHEAP DATA ON GLO AND MTN NOW

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000
note that this data works directly on all devices with monthly duration

CALL (080-595-800-72)

Scam
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Phonon: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
Yes General Overseer. Count how many men in the US Military that have been awarded the Medal of Honor or the Bronze Star or any other achievement related to the battlefield have been officers? No one doubts that the officers have operational value but there is a reason why the pawns go first in the game of chess.

Reference:

Yet another. Officers fight at all levels up to Brigade status. Let us put it this way. You will only cease direct engagement with the enemy in battle once you become a 'red neck'. Every soldier, airman and sailor below that is put directly in harm's way just like the NCO's. The airforce is even more exclusive, only officers fly choppers and jets. Once again, in battle, the officers are at more risk of capture or kill because they hold more information and are responsible for planning and directing battlefield engagements. They have to be twice as competent as NCO's to survive and thrive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo Governorship Election Results From 27 Of The 33 LGA's / Falana Commends Buhari’s Medical Trip Abroad, Shades Fayose / El-Rufai: We Turned Shehu Sani To Blogger, Relocated Hunkuyi To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.